• reportbug-gtk: mua xdg-email: does not work with the GTK UI

From Nis Martensen@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 13 19:10:02 2020
    I'm looking for help with a problem in the reportbug GTK ui (bug
    #964846). The GTK ui has code that uses VTE to run certain commands in a terminal. These commands include package-specific bug scripts and user-selected external MUAs used for bug submission. The problem is that
    MUA invocation often fails if xdg-email is used.

This has been resolved by avoiding to run commands in a terminal where possible, as already indicated in the previous message to this list.

The part I haven't understood yet is the mechanism used by VTE to keep
    track of child processes in order to kill them. If someone has more
    knowledge on that, I'd be interested, but it is no longer important.

Thanks!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From emilio rascazzo@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 13 20:00:01 2020
    Hi Nis,

I think that this is not simple question...
    I m in this mailing list but I dont know spawn very well.

Anyway I can said to you ... pay few attention at this change.
    Perapse async is more dinamic...
    But you will manage in some way the sync service or tool or demon anyway in order to base of. In example by some tail... if there are a service in base

Bye,

Sorry for my not very well English

Il Lun 13 Lug 2020, 19:09 Nis Martensen <nis.martensen@web.de> ha scritto:

I'm looking for help with a problem in the reportbug GTK ui (bug
    #964846). The GTK ui has code that uses VTE to run certain commands in a terminal. These commands include package-specific bug scripts and user-selected external MUAs used for bug submission. The problem is that MUA invocation often fails if xdg-email is used.

This has been resolved by avoiding to run commands in a terminal where possible, as already indicated in the previous message to this list.

The part I haven't understood yet is the mechanism used by VTE to keep
    track of child processes in order to kill them. If someone has more
    knowledge on that, I'd be interested, but it is no longer important.

Thanks!

<div dir="auto">Hi Nis,<div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">I think that this is not simple question...</div><div dir="auto">I m in this mailing list but I dont know spawn very well.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Anyway I can said
    to you ... pay few attention at this change.  </div><div dir="auto">Perapse async is more dinamic...</div><div dir="auto">But you will manage in some way the sync service or tool or demon anyway in order to base of. In example by some tail... if there
    are a service in base ...</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Bye,</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Sorry for my not very well English</div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">Il Lun 13 Lug 2020,
    19:09 Nis Martensen &lt;<a href="mailto:nis.martensen@web.de">nis.martensen@web.de</a>&gt; ha scritto:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">&gt; I&#39;m looking for help with a
    problem in the reportbug GTK ui (bug<br>
    &gt; #964846). The GTK ui has code that uses VTE to run certain commands in a<br>
    &gt; terminal. These commands include package-specific bug scripts and<br>
    &gt; user-selected external MUAs used for bug submission. The problem is that<br>
    &gt; MUA invocation often fails if xdg-email is used.<br>

This has been resolved by avoiding to run commands in a terminal where<br> possible, as already indicated in the previous message to this list.<br>

The part I haven&#39;t understood yet is the mechanism used by VTE to keep<br> track of child processes in order to kill them. If someone has more<br> knowledge on that, I&#39;d be interested, but it is no longer important.<br>

Thanks!<br>

</blockquote></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)