• Kerberos GSSAPI Authentication against CUPS with GTK3+ Applications

From Julian Rinderspacher@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 12 12:20:01 2019
    Dear Debian Community,

I have been trying to kerberize our printing system.
    We use a cups Server Version 2.2.1-8+deb9u2 on a debian stretch machine,
    MIT Kerberos Version 1.12.1+dfsg-19+deb8u4 on a debian jessie machine and client PCs with debian buster.

I assume that my cups and kerberos configuration is correct as printing and
    the prior acquisition of a kerberos ticket work with non-gtk applications namely lp, lpr, libreoffice and some qt based document viewers.

I would now like to be able to print from gtk applications on the clients, specifically evince and zathura, with an authenticated Operation Policy in
    cups (DefaultAuthType Negotiate).

As implied by this commit https://salsa.debian.org/gnome-team/gtk3/commit/2c5ae21cdc6161dc4cf42b2107d74d92b6f303be
    the functionality should be present in gtk3.

I'll be glad to supply configuration details and log messages on request (cups's logs are quite excessive).
    Any pointers on what to configure, where to look for errors or even who
    else I should ask are much appreciated.
    Currently I am not a subscriber to this mailinglist.

Kind regards,
    Julian

<div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><div>Dear Debian Community,</div><div><br></div><div>I have been trying to kerberize our printing system.</div><div>We
    use a cups Server Version 2.2.1-8+deb9u2 on a debian stretch machine,
    MIT Kerberos Version 1.12.1+dfsg-19+deb8u4 on a debian jessie machine
    and client PCs with debian buster.</div><div><br></div><div>I assume
    that my cups and kerberos configuration is correct as printing and the
    prior acquisition of a kerberos ticket work with non-gtk applications
    namely lp, lpr, libreoffice and some qt based document viewers.</div><div><br></div><div>I
    would now like to be able to print from gtk applications on the clients, specifically
    evince and zathura, with an authenticated Operation Policy in cups (DefaultAuthType Negotiate).<br></div><div><br></div><div>As implied by this commit</div><div><a href="https://salsa.debian.org/gnome-team/gtk3/commit/2c5ae21cdc6161dc4cf42b2107d74d92b6f303be" target="_blank">https://salsa.debian.org/gnome-team/gtk3/
    commit/2c5ae21cdc6161dc4cf42b2107d74d92b6f303be</a></div><div>the functionality should be present in gtk3.</div><div><br></div><div>I&#39;ll be glad to supply configuration details and log messages on request (cups&#39;s logs are quite excessive).<br></
    <div>Any pointers on what to configure, where to look for errors or even who else I should ask are much appreciated.</div><div>Currently I am not a subscriber to this mailinglist.<br></div><div><br></div><div>Kind regards,</div><div>Julian</div></div>
    </div></div></div></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)