• Setting alpha channel in PixMap

From pranav8iisc@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jan 8 03:36:52 2019
    Hi,

My display supports 32-bit visuals. I have alpha channel information for every pixel in the pixmap. I want to know if it is possible to initialize this pixmap directly pixel-by-pixel? Or, do I need to create an XImage, set alpha channel there and call
    XPutImage?, If so, could anyone please share the code to create XImage with alpha channel information.

More specific details: I want to implement edge-blending in our multiprojector tiled display system using NVIDIA Warp and Blend API. I have pre-computed alpha values for each pixel which I want to set in the pixmap to be forwarded to GPU via this API.

Regards,
    Pranav

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Sam@21:1/5 to pranav8iisc@gmail.com on Tue Jan 8 07:09:25 2019
    This is a MIME GnuPG-signed message. If you see this text, it means that
    your E-mail or Usenet software does not support MIME signed messages.
    The Internet standard for MIME PGP messages, RFC 2015, was published in 1996. To open this message correctly you will need to install E-mail or Usenet software that supports modern Internet standards.

pranav8iisc@gmail.com writes:

Hi,

My display supports 32-bit visuals. I have alpha channel information for every pixel in the pixmap. I want to know if it is possible to initialize this pixmap directly pixel-by-pixel? Or, do I need to create an XImage, set alpha channel there and call XPutImage?, If so, could anyone please share
    the code to create XImage with alpha channel information.

More specific details: I want to implement edge-blending in our multiprojector tiled display system using NVIDIA Warp and Blend API. I have pre-computed alpha values for each pixel which I want to set in the pixmap
    to be forwarded to GPU via this API.

That's pretty much the only way to do it, by creating an image buffer, and
    then writing it out to a pixmap. That's how I do it; except that I use the
    xcb library instead of Xlib, so my code won't help you much.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iQIcBAABAgAGBQJcNJL1AAoJEGs6Yr4nnb8lbWUP/iMIJHJo05Lm+Kt8NfgfgEEz V8lJNEcIA07LWUKZK90dHaIEHyXv3cn0hF6bgWEG8CzC1kp3ptX0SelpZqa+nuJI bCvzfj4x2GnwCkdpdDsYHyENcycdcfYZptlocVFosLP0r1vAnnQhfiefyiYBynrL WRTUzjNlgXFFDmcsr5taC+Nva9d5qbaAPQbpK76nklK6mCpwEi+wfvWOSPtUin7j 7WodjB5/nHNvdpPgbcCslF4zgAWWCwhg23hYZ+vVHm7EeiQYkSy3Gj3UcULRDqse irzt8mq6WqqkqMhm2wV/94wtjEPJgbQYLQgfn9pSt98/c+vMWzzJ5mlZcKJ2kIG3 9v1petLCiUW7ErBtwTRXQBVaWBs0dkPs0eBhw3ylpWMzvDCGn1QUVPWDpoi8foSJ TBXUF+ShrURBZOUx2phufCbEl/QJGtjkr/S50h6Ltqx/rKdpsYI5TNs4Cprm8MD6 dkro0MX2SwxmWAcbpHO9pCZL5dFcLi8ONnOYCDCR9DI5VG/gF4FS6zhCHZmIcvGP m3Fmn4n5BH6GB0NHPRAb8gMGD86f1DcMta/IaWdRx5RIG+Q0yPCZel3WrEMW8alg EMx1DkQQbfmiAt+rWVBlvs1gMDVzGz0RODoaN40szHlesiGgV5Pfur7vxmmBZq23 XyFzL2y96vYCPIpe8Lmj
    =zC8Y
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)