• SCO and Virtual Disk Manager

From frank.zipper.1962@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 9 03:07:51 2015
    Am Dienstag, 16. Oktober 2001 21:32:49 UTC+2 schrieb Slate:
    I've read the manual on virtual disk manager but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I would like to know if it's possible to mirror two SCSI hard drives (18 GB each and on the same controller) on a SCO 5.05a OpenServer using virtual disk manager. The first disk (0s1) has the /, /stand and /u filesystems on it, the second disk (1s1) is empty. I know that it's possible to mirror the root, boot and swap, but then I don't have the option to do /u (where the database will reside).

Is this something that is possible?

lesliek@No.Spamming.Me.techform.ca

Hi Slate,
    I'm having the same problem. Did you solve your's?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From mbennett@21:1/5 to frank.zi...@gmail.com on Wed Dec 9 09:08:27 2015
    On Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 5:07:52 AM UTC-6, frank.zi...@gmail.com wrote:
    Am Dienstag, 16. Oktober 2001 21:32:49 UTC+2 schrieb Slate:
    I've read the manual on virtual disk manager but can't seem to find what I'm
    looking for. I would like to know if it's possible to mirror two SCSI hard drives (18 GB each and on the same controller) on a SCO 5.05a OpenServer using virtual disk manager. The first disk (0s1) has the /, /stand and /u filesystems on it, the second disk (1s1) is empty. I know that it's possible
    to mirror the root, boot and swap, but then I don't have the option to do /u
    (where the database will reside).

Is this something that is possible?

lesliek@No.Spamming.Me.techform.ca

Hi Slate,
    I'm having the same problem. Did you solve your's?

Go to the Xinuos.com and find the support knowledgebase. Search for TA #105185. There are several tutorials on this site about Virtual Disk Manager that walk you through scenarios. I sold this mess a couple of times and configured it, but soon decided
    it's MUCH easier and more efficient to use a hardware RAID controller. Just my opinion.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)