• freecode_99/stats_for_all/panglozz: 'Their' motive: "I lost my job for

From jayaramkalluri@yahoo.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 21 15:43:53 2019
    Message ID: 38542
    Posted By: freecode_99
    Posted On: 2003-09-07 16:36:00
    Subject: Back, ready to rumble
    Recs: 5

For those who believe the strong sell position has anything to do with a position in this stock (or any other): GET REAL.

I hate the attempted theft being perpetrated by the SCO Group. They have made a lifelong enemy. I will assist anyone who wishes to fight them in any way possible and legal. SGI has 545 patents and Caldera/SCO have what: copyrights? Ex post facto
    copyrights to boot.

It won't hold water in a Court of law. SGI also performed a full review of XFS before releasing it under the GNU GPL. SCO/Caldera accepted the GPL and used it to their own benefit. They have acquiesced to its terms by their very usage. Ignorance of the
    law is NO excuse. That is what they are claiming - they were ignorant of the terms under which they distributed software. Sorry, f*ck off, you are a bunch of dimwits - that is true - but too bad, so sad, you chose to do what you chose to do.

If contracts are a weapon that you use against people, then that is the wepon of choice against SCO/Caldera. They have accepted the terms of the contract, now they must abide by it.

Selective interpretation of the law as the Canopy Group/SCO Group are attempting is just hogwash. They own nothiing more than their logo and some copyrights. You cannot copyright ideas - sorry bozos. You may fool some of the people, but you don't fool
    all of the people, all of the time.

The SCO Group are consistently mistaken in every tact they take, and I would never buy from, deal with, or allow their presence in my business or my community. I would call the garbagemen to take out the trash were I to see them.

Theirs is a failure to understand that you do not threaten your customers or competitors with bullshit for evidence. They are hiding under the Canopy to try to keep the truth from being disclosed. They will be found out, and they will be brought to
    justice. I can only hope that IBM and Red Hat both tear them a new one in Court.

If they do sue SGI, they would be committing yet another grave error in judgment. History is full of the rotting corpses of people who started multi-front wars (which explains the SCO Group's contradictory statements in Australia. They hope to delay
    action from occuring there lest they get caught in too many lawsuits they aren't prepared to defend at once).

I will assist any company in any and every legal manner wishing to fight these things called the Canopy Group and the SCO Group. They are not a company of honorable men. They are a compnay of carpetbaggers, scoundrels and charlatans. Of course they
    sucked up to the RIAA, MPAA, because they want the public to believe it is okay to sue customers. It isn't okay. It isn't right, and we should continue our efforts to boycott the crap out of them for their unjust and extra-legal lawsuits.

If they send out invoices, I intend to send copies to every State Attorney General, the US Postmaster General, The FBI's White-Collar Crimes division, the SEC, the FTC, the BBB, the DOJ, the Texas Rangers, The Treasury Department (they are in essence,
    kiting stock) and any other organization I can think of. The SCO Group is NOT above the law. It is a fairly incestuous bunch that must be reined-in at all costs - short of rewarding them in any way.

Buy if you value only money and have no morals. Otherwise, if you have a conscience - don't put your money into this company, as it has no morals and is engaged in activities too heinous for decent, upstanding citizens to be involved in.

------------------------------------------------------------
    The text of this Yahoo Message Board post has been licensed for
    copying and distribution by the Yahoo Message Board user "freecode_99"
    under the following license:

License: CCL Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike v2.0 ------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Message ID: 40647
    Posted On: 2003-09-11 12:11:00
    Subject: Damage message misguided
    Recs: 0

"Given the high unemployment and terrible job market, punishing the employees for the actions of the executives strikes me as petty and small minded. For the average 65K a year engineer, or the 25K a year secretary, ideals and sympathy to "the cause"
    dont feed the kids, pay the mortgage or keep the lights on."

True, all true. I lost my job for my stance on OSS. Don't miss it. Miss some of the people (friends) but don't miss the "walking on egg-shells" that was a daily fact of life there.

Plus, Royce & Associates and Integral bought Millions of dollars worth of my former company's stock right AFTER I was laid off. Very convenient.

I am working now - and happily. Not doing what I normally love, but it's okay. I have enough to keep me going while I work on other ideas.

Fact is, I think those who were instrumental in marekting this fable should be strung up by the short hairs - every last one of them. I also think that those who know the truth should do the honorable thing and go to Justice, the FBI, CS&M, anyone to put
    the nail in this one.

I am certain there are former Caldera employees out there who co go on Record about the position of Caldera and the GPL and put another nail in this coffin.

The little fish always get screwed, but if you work there, you know they are dirty. There is no way NOT to know in a company that size unless you are just deadset dumb to begin with. I have seen it happen, and I knew when things weren't right.

The employees know, the problem is: where can you go in Utah? Who will hire you now, that you work for these bums? It's one of those "dammit!" moments in life.

You work hard, you build up a good reputation, then "they" come in. Suddenly, it is guilt by association. You are so screwed and you know it.

If a former employee or current one had the knowledge to flush this case, and did so, then they should be hired by someone else and given a chance. If they did and chose NOT to do so - well, good luck wherever you go. It comes down to a moral choice.

If they did not know anything, then maybe they could work in a different industry, as they simply have their heads buried in the sand. They don't want to know. There is more than enough press to make the positions clear. It is hard not to see that
    something is really wrong there.

I don't blame them, I just want better for them. I want them to have an economy where they can tell this ship of fools to go pound sand up their bums. That would make all the difference in the world. I doubt they would have employee one if the economy
    were in better shape.

That is my take on it.

License: CCL Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike v2.0 ------------------------------------------------------------

Message ID: 40673
    Posted On: 2003-09-11 12:52:00
    Subject: Shall I post more?
    Recs: 0

I can post some more interesting facts, if people wish to see them. They are all publicly available, if you have the time to research them.

Message ID: 40706
    Posted On: 2003-09-11 13:27:00
    Subject: Re: Shall I post more?
    Recs: 2

"Put them on Groklaw"

I read it, but I don't know the author. Wish I did, we could probably collaborate. I think Groklaw is a paralegal, I am in the tech industry.

I used to work with lawyers in the Oil & Gas heyday of my life though. Wrote some pretty killer affidavits in my day. Lawyers loved reading mine, because they were, well, colorful and honest. I didn't legalese the statements. I let them speak. I think
    that I actually had them reading after a ton of boring, dull affidavits that would put you to sleep.

I miss the work, but not the industry. It is probably the only industry that was more suspect in terms of some of the players than the software industry. There were some very good companies (Amerada Hess has my vote for being honest and concerned about
    their locations - damn, they were good to the environment), and some bad eggs (unfortunately, when money is involved, you get a lot of small-time crooks that see a big payoff running scams - sound familiar?).

Maybe I will send some stuff there. I have a ton of docs, ppts, pdfs, txt, html and other stuff that refutes their public stance. All timestamped and dated. Some with, some without attribution to a specific individual.

This too shall pass, but it is still in my boresight.

Message ID: 68863
    Posted On: 2003-12-08 13:33:00
    Subject: There goes the Texas School Fund
    Recs: 1

http://tinyurl.com/y9v1

Damnit! They invested our tax money into this Titanic!

Time to start calling the State School Board to complain. :(

My kids deserve better.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)