• Is SCO Unix finally dead ?

From Mike Pellatt@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 12 23:33:17 2018
    XinuOS website cert expired on 7th February 2018

All content has now disappeared (subsequent to that date but before 10th February 2018) to be replaced with the single word

Error

I guess some bills didn't get paid. Or there's no-one with a clue left. Either way, I hope no-one's business is still dependent on any of their software.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jeff Liebermann@21:1/5 to mpellatt55@gmail.com on Tue Feb 13 09:27:34 2018
    On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 23:33:17 -0800 (PST), Mike Pellatt
    <mpellatt55@gmail.com> wrote:

All content has now disappeared (subsequent to
    that date but before 10th February 2018) to be
    replaced with the single word

Error

I guess some bills didn't get paid. Or there's
    no-one with a clue left. Either way, I hope no-one's
    business is still dependent on any of their software.

Yep. The WayBack Machine (archive.org) has some archived but broken
    web pages. Some patch and SLS downloads seem to be available: <https://web.archive.org/web/*/www.xinuos.com> <https://web.archive.org/web/20180129054646/http://xinuos.com/> <https://web.archive.org/web/20170627231816/http://xinuos.com/product-support/selfhelp/downloads>

--
    Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
    150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
    Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jski1617@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Mike Pellatt on Tue Feb 13 12:42:21 2018
    On Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 2:33:18 AM UTC-5, Mike Pellatt wrote:

All content has now disappeared (subsequent to that date but before 10th February 2018) to be replaced with the single word

Error

I guess some bills didn't get paid. Or there's no-one with a clue left. Either way, I hope no-one's business is still dependent on any of their software.

There is an issue with the Website that is being worked on to resolution but Xinuos is alive and well and all SCO customers are being well cared for,in fact there are updated versions on the market as we speak of OpenServer 6 and UnixWare 7 to provide
    even greater longevity for our customers, in addition to the fully supported Free BSD based OpenServer 10 solution. Updated OpenServer 5 is due out very soon also.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mike Pellatt@21:1/5 to jski...@gmail.com on Tue Feb 13 23:04:53 2018
    On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 20:42:22 UTC, jski...@gmail.com wrote:

Error

There is an issue with the Website that is being worked on to resolution but Xinuos is alive and well and all SCO customers are being well cared for,in fact there are updated versions on the market as we speak of OpenServer 6 and UnixWare 7 to provide
    even greater longevity for our customers, in addition to the fully supported Free BSD based OpenServer 10 solution. Updated OpenServer 5 is due out very soon also.

OK, the content's back.

But the site's still delivering an expired SSL cert.

Do tell us why it's taken over 12 hours and counting to get a new one (assuming you'd only just realised when you posted that message)

PS best practice says you should set HSTS when delivering content over SSL, else you're vulnerable to a MitM attack. Of course, if you'd done that, the site content would still be unavailable.....

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From mbennett@21:1/5 to jski...@gmail.com on Wed Feb 14 08:56:18 2018
    Glad that it's back. I don't use it often but I need it sometimes.

On Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 2:42:22 PM UTC-6, jski...@gmail.com wrote:

Error

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From mbennett@21:1/5 to Mike Pellatt on Wed Feb 14 08:58:17 2018
    On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 1:04:55 AM UTC-6, Mike Pellatt wrote:
    On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 20:42:22 UTC, jski...@gmail.com wrote:

Error

There is an issue with the Website that is being worked on to resolution but Xinuos is alive and well and all SCO customers are being well cared for,in fact there are updated versions on the market as we speak of OpenServer 6 and UnixWare 7 to
    provide even greater longevity for our customers, in addition to the fully supported Free BSD based OpenServer 10 solution. Updated OpenServer 5 is due out very soon also.

OK, the content's back.

But the site's still delivering an expired SSL cert.

Do tell us why it's taken over 12 hours and counting to get a new one (assuming you'd only just realised when you posted that message)

PS best practice says you should set HSTS when delivering content over SSL, else you're vulnerable to a MitM attack. Of course, if you'd done that, the site content would still be unavailable.....

I'm not getting an expired cert warning now, so that seems to be resolved. Wrestling with the requirements of the folks that issue certifications is never fun.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From toddrobaldo@gmail.com@21:1/5 to jski...@gmail.com on Mon Jun 29 09:24:36 2020
    On Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 3:42:22 PM UTC-5, jski...@gmail.com wrote:

Error

Thank you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05