• Tru64 Support

From Ralf van Diesen@21:1/5 to All on Thu Mar 24 03:17:31 2022
    I have a question to all the Tru64 guru's here:
    As a virtualization company I'm quit often in contact with customers that still run Tru64 and want to virtualize their systems with vtAlpha.
    In most cases the goal is to migrate from a TruCluster installation to a Standalone system as Virtualization already makes the system more hardware failure resilient and simplifies the maintenance for the future as Tru64 knowledge is sadly disappearing.

Currently I'm running into a issue where the conversion from cluster to standalone is almost done, but now the system boots with genvmunix kernel but stops after finding the swapfile and never reaches single user mode.

is there a way to boot the system in some sort of verbose or debugging mode to see what it's hanging on?

If someone has any other idea's or wants to have a side job as a remote consultant for us now and then I'm happy to talk.

Best regards,

Ralf van Diesen (www.avtware.com)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From P.Lj@21:1/5 to Ralf van Diesen on Wed May 4 12:28:14 2022
    On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 11:17:31 AM UTC+1, Ralf van Diesen wrote:
    I have a question to all the Tru64 guru's here:
    As a virtualization company I'm quit often in contact with customers that still run Tru64 and want to virtualize their systems with vtAlpha.
    In most cases the goal is to migrate from a TruCluster installation to a Standalone system as Virtualization already makes the system more hardware failure resilient and simplifies the maintenance for the future as Tru64 knowledge is sadly disappearing.

Currently I'm running into a issue where the conversion from cluster to standalone is almost done, but now the system boots with genvmunix kernel but stops after finding the swapfile and never reaches single user mode.

is there a way to boot the system in some sort of verbose or debugging mode to see what it's hanging on?

If someone has any other idea's or wants to have a side job as a remote consultant for us now and then I'm happy to talk.

Best regards,

Ralf van Diesen (www.avtware.com)
    Hello Ralf,
    Is it solved already?
    ^P

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)