• I am looking to purchase an IBM pSeries 630 6C4 second hand but it come

From Viktor Madarasz@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 26 13:10:12 2019
    Hi

I am looking to purchase an IBM pSeries 630 6C4 second hand but it comes without OS Disks

I know that this machine as per the HW Compatibility Matrix should support up to AIX 7.1

Where could I get a copy of the OS DVD-s now that I will legally own ,,the box"?

I know it does not support AIX 7.2 but I d love to grab those disks too to try them in qemu-ppc64 emulator (( now runs 100% as far as i read and im aware ))

Feel free to msg me directly in case You can or willing to help

Regards

Viktor

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From jesus.mesa.anquillano@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 4 03:19:58 2019
    El miércoles, 26 de junio de 2019, 22:10:15 (UTC+2), Viktor Madarasz escribió:
    Hi

I am looking to purchase an IBM pSeries 630 6C4 second hand but it comes without OS Disks

I know that this machine as per the HW Compatibility Matrix should support up to AIX 7.1

Where could I get a copy of the OS DVD-s now that I will legally own ,,the box"?

I know it does not support AIX 7.2 but I d love to grab those disks too to try them in qemu-ppc64 emulator (( now runs 100% as far as i read and im aware ))

Feel free to msg me directly in case You can or willing to help

Regards

Viktor

You'll need to register your server's serial number at ESS portal: https://www.ibm.com/servers/eserver/ess

Once there, sign in there with a valid IBMid account (AFAIK, you can create one account for free), go to 'My entitled software' area, then 'Register customer number', and look for Authorization section. Locate 'Hardware or Software serial number' textbox,
    input your server's serial number, and click on 'Submit' button. After that, click on 'OK' and you'll see a new area called 'Software downloads', where you can download all SW packages assigned to that machine.

Regards.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From anindya49@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 15 13:44:45 2019
    Hi, I have a related question: Using the above links, can I still download the software if the original customer no longer has an active service contract? I was under the impression that an active service contract is needed to download OS and updates/
    fixes.

Thanks!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05