• Perzl DOSBOX RPM for AIX 5.1

From lorenzo.mollicone@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Nov 23 12:31:12 2018
    http://www.perzl.org/aix/index.php?n=Main.Dosbox

Tried to install this onto my 7043-140, AIX 5.1, CDE desktop. All OpenGL from the base install disks have been installed.

For DOSbox, all of the external RPM dependencies have been installed, yet installation fails, as it's looking for a GL library.

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    RPM Error Summary: +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ The following errors during installation occurred:
    error: failed dependencies:
    libGL.a(shr.o) is needed by dosbox-0.74-1

From what I can gather, this should be installed by AIX in one of the OpenGL bundles, however the install fails due to the lack of this file.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Lorenzo

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Lorenzo Mollicone@21:1/5 to Lorenzo Mollicone on Tue Nov 27 11:50:30 2018
    On Friday, November 23, 2018 at 3:31:16 PM UTC-5, Lorenzo Mollicone wrote:
    http://www.perzl.org/aix/index.php?n=Main.Dosbox

Tried to install this onto my 7043-140, AIX 5.1, CDE desktop. All OpenGL from the base install disks have been installed.

For DOSbox, all of the external RPM dependencies have been installed, yet installation fails, as it's looking for a GL library.

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    RPM Error Summary: +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    The following errors during installation occurred:
    error: failed dependencies:
    libGL.a(shr.o) is needed by dosbox-0.74-1

From what I can gather, this should be installed by AIX in one of the OpenGL bundles, however the install fails due to the lack of this file.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Lorenzo

update the 5.1 installation to the latest file sets and you should be good.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)