• PuTTY serial sessions locking up

From csmedbergjr@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 25 10:48:01 2018
    I recently updated to release .70 and now it seems like my serial sessions lock up at random intervals. The session becomes unresponsive and I end up closing and restarting the session. My device isn't terminating the session.
    When I reconnect I'm right back where i was in the session.

My serial settings are 8-1-N... and I'm not using flow control. Windows/Putty thinks the session is still active so the 'restart session' isn't available.

the last entry in the event log shows the logging file being opened. The log data is accurate.

I don't remember have this problem on the previous release .68. Searching the bug list didn't turn up anything helpful.

has anyone else seen this problem?

thanks!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From csmedbergjr@gmail.com@21:1/5 to csmed...@gmail.com on Thu Aug 2 04:48:10 2018
    On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 1:48:02 PM UTC-4, csmed...@gmail.com wrote:
    I recently updated to release .70 and now it seems like my serial sessions lock up at random intervals. The session becomes unresponsive and I end up closing and restarting the session. My device isn't terminating the session.
    When I reconnect I'm right back where i was in the session.

My serial settings are 8-1-N... and I'm not using flow control. Windows/Putty thinks the session is still active so the 'restart session' isn't available.

the last entry in the event log shows the logging file being opened. The log data is accurate.

I don't remember have this problem on the previous release .68. Searching the bug list didn't turn up anything helpful.

has anyone else seen this problem?

thanks!

It looks like my BestBuy Insignia USB to RS-232 Serial Adapter is bad. I swapped it out for a new one last night and restarted my console session. The session is still active 12+ hours later. I'll try to post another follow up in a few days...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)