• Cactus Development and Ralph Rhodes

From Carmine@21:1/5 to W. J. Sullivan on Thu Apr 1 12:38:02 2021
    On Wednesday, June 7, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, W. J. Sullivan wrote:
    Well, that's it. I don't know how I feel about this. It was stupid to get
    into this kind of piss fight with the King of the Skunks. And I will probably buy Cactus Basketball for Windows in the year 2010. But I thought you'd guys would want to know about how one person was treated by one company
    -----------------------------
    hmmm....I assumed this had happened only to me. Three days after Cactus released their baseball game, I contacted them about some statistical flaws in the game results. I was met with what I felt was arrogance. Several days later, I e-mailed them several pages of statistical comparisons
    demonstrating the 'unrealistic' results. I was then met with what I felt was sarcasm. After that, I basically ignored their game except for downloading new updates to see if the problems were fixed. (They WERE fixed - 8 months later)
    Conversely, I have 'beaten up' Tom Tippett several times about Diamond
    Mind producing 'non-realistic' performances and he has always responded (by phone and by e-mail) in a very positive, courteous, friendly manner. Admittedly, not all of the 'problems' in Diamond Mind have been fixed (and apparently will not be fixed in 8.0). The Cactus baseball game does not have those problems. I will not buy a new Cactus baseball game. I WILL buy
    Diamond Mind 8.0. This will be a pretty good example of what happens when
    you don't treat customers properly, compared to what happens when you DO.
    https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/arlington/profile/video-game-manufacturers/cactus-league-games-inc-0825-1000193881

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)