• Tandem SQL session logs

From Memmedaga Memmedov@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 25 01:38:31 2021
    Hi,
    Is it possible to see which tandem user run which sql command? I think Safeguard have to save logs. How can I find this job? Is it possible to do this reading HP technical documents?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From wbreidbach@21:1/5 to Memmedaga Memmedov on Fri Feb 26 04:01:10 2021
    Memmedaga Memmedov schrieb am Donnerstag, 25. Februar 2021 um 10:38:32 UTC+1:
    Hi,
    Is it possible to see which tandem user run which sql command? I think Safeguard have to save logs. How can I find this job? Is it possible to do this reading HP technical documents?
    The general answer to that is no. You would need to write a session log from every session. Safeguard only checks if you are allowed to access the tables.
    The only way to get something like a centralized SQL-Log would be using a tool like SECOM, which would sit between the terminal and the SQLCI-process and would be able to log every activity.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Randall@21:1/5 to wbreidbach on Fri Feb 26 12:07:03 2021
    On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 7:01:11 a.m. UTC-5, wbreidbach wrote:
    Memmedaga Memmedov schrieb am Donnerstag, 25. Februar 2021 um 10:38:32 UTC+1:
    Hi,
    The general answer to that is no. You would need to write a session log from every session. Safeguard only checks if you are allowed to access the tables.
    The only way to get something like a centralized SQL-Log would be using a tool like SECOM, which would sit between the terminal and the SQLCI-process and would be able to log every activity.

What are your actual requirements? Are you trying to see who is access tables or who is modifying tables? It is extraordinarily difficult to monitor reads, particularly if people can come in via JDBC - although I think there is tracing available through
    that path. If you are trying to trace absolutely every access, you probably need to build a front-end service everyone must use to access your tables and disable SQL/CI and mxci, compilers, JDBC servers, etc., and perhaps turn your server off just to be
    safe (humour).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05