• ITUGLIB Quick News: OpenSSL 3.2 Beta1

From Randall@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 1 17:36:02 2023
    Hi Everyone,

OpenSSL 3.2-beta1 is now on the ITUGLIB website. It is provided as a preview of what is coming. The git branch is openssl-3.2, if you want to build it yourself.

Our assessment is that everything appears to work cleanly except the SPT build, which seems to hang randomly and fails QUIC tests also randomly. I have opened Issues with the OpenSSL team on this. Hopefully everything will be fixed up by official release
    date - we will comment on it as releases move forward. We are also attempting to remove FLOSS as a dependency, which I personally think would be good for everyone.

Regards,
    Randall Becker
    On Behalf of the ITUGLIB Technical Committee

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Randall@21:1/5 to Randall on Thu Nov 23 09:47:09 2023
    On Wednesday, November 1, 2023 at 8:36:04 p.m. UTC-4, Randall wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

OpenSSL 3.2-beta1 is now on the ITUGLIB website. It is provided as a preview of what is coming. The git branch is openssl-3.2, if you want to build it yourself.

Our assessment is that everything appears to work cleanly except the SPT build, which seems to hang randomly and fails QUIC tests also randomly. I have opened Issues with the OpenSSL team on this. Hopefully everything will be fixed up by official
    release date - we will comment on it as releases move forward. We are also attempting to remove FLOSS as a dependency, which I personally think would be good for everyone.

Regards,
    Randall Becker
    On Behalf of the ITUGLIB Technical Committee

Please be aware that 3.2.0 has been officially released by OpenSSL but is unusable on NonStop. 3.2.1 will have a critical fix that will make it work. If you need 3.2.0, please contact me and I can help you make it work, for fee, of course.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)