• Increase the size of Receive control Table ($RECEIVE)

From Tamilarasu T@21:1/5 to All on Wed Feb 15 08:50:05 2023
    Hello,
    I understand the Occurs clause of Receive Control Table has size limitations and it depends on the size of the IPM (reply). I was able to set the occurs clause limit as 700 for one of the application servers. I increased it beyond 700, and I was able to
    compile it. When I started the server -- the server was getting abended with the error "Cannot Obtain Control Space". Is there a way that we can increase the Receive COntrol Size without altering the IPM?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Bill Honaker@21:1/5 to Tamilarasu T on Wed Feb 15 17:46:35 2023
    On Wed, 15 Feb 2023 08:50:05 -0800 (PST), Tamilarasu T <tamilarasuece@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,
    I understand the Occurs clause of Receive Control Table has size limitations and it depends on the size of the IPM (reply). I was able to set the occurs clause limit as 700 for one of the application servers. I increased it beyond 700, and I was able to
    compile it. When I started the server -- the server was getting abended with the error "Cannot Obtain Control Space". Is there a way that we can increase the Receive COntrol Size without altering the IPM?

The Receive Control table saves copies of the last <n> replies. It corresponds to the number of openers.
    Note that in a typical Pathway environment, you won't have that many openers, as the Pathway 'ROUT' process opens the server.

I recommend you read the Cobol85 Reference Manual, checkout page 226 (RECEIVE-CONTROL paragraph).
    If your program is Native (Code 500 or 700), open the NonStop COBOL manual instead and look on page 149.
    Read the whole thing, it will probably answer your questions.

The manual states that OCCURS should be >= the MAXLINKS value of a server class.

It also states that you can't increase the count at runtime, only decrease it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)