• Update on OpenSSL 1.1.1

From Randall@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 1 09:18:45 2022
    For all those interested and as a reminder, on September 11, 2022, OpenSSL 1.1.1 goes out of full support and will move to security-bug-fix mode only. This means that fixes for 1.1.1 will only happen if they are security related, generally resulting from
    a discovered Critical Vulnerability and Exposure (CVE). There is no scheduled functional or operational patch for 1.1.1 before that date. In NonStop terms, this moves to the equivalent of Limited Support.

This decision was made by the OpenSSL team, not ITUGLIB, so please do not ask us to change this plan as it is not within our control. As the OpenSSL team puts out fixes, we will move as quickly as we can to get those fixes to our website.

If you have not done so, please consider moving to 3.0.x as soon as practical.

I would like to remind you that extended OpenSSL support for 1.0.2 is and 1.1.1 will be available for a fee. Connect has permitted me to run point on this type of support, and you can contact me here or through the nexbridge.com website.

Regards,
    Randall Becker
    On Behalf of The ITUGLIB Technical Committee and Nexbridge Inc. (the latter for extended support).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Randall@21:1/5 to Randall on Thu Oct 6 11:38:20 2022
    On Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 12:18:47 p.m. UTC-4, Randall wrote:
    For all those interested and as a reminder, on September 11, 2022, OpenSSL 1.1.1 goes out of full support and will move to security-bug-fix mode only. This means that fixes for 1.1.1 will only happen if they are security related, generally resulting
    from a discovered Critical Vulnerability and Exposure (CVE). There is no scheduled functional or operational patch for 1.1.1 before that date. In NonStop terms, this moves to the equivalent of Limited Support.

This decision was made by the OpenSSL team, not ITUGLIB, so please do not ask us to change this plan as it is not within our control. As the OpenSSL team puts out fixes, we will move as quickly as we can to get those fixes to our website.

I would like to remind you that extended OpenSSL support for 1.0.2 is and 1.1.1 will be available for a fee. Connect has permitted me to run point on this type of support, and you can contact me here or through the nexbridge.com website.

Regards,
    Randall Becker
    On Behalf of The ITUGLIB Technical Committee and Nexbridge Inc. (the latter for extended support).

I was just notified that there will be one more non-security-related fix release coming next week for OpenSSL 1.1.1r. The 3.0.6 release, which is coming at the same time, will contain a security fix as well. ITUGLIB is planning on posting builds for both
    releases. More to follow in a separate thread.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Randall@21:1/5 to Randall on Wed Nov 2 07:52:34 2022
    On Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 2:38:22 p.m. UTC-4, Randall wrote:
    On Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 12:18:47 p.m. UTC-4, Randall wrote:
    For all those interested and as a reminder, on September 11, 2022, OpenSSL 1.1.1 goes out of full support and will move to security-bug-fix mode only. This means that fixes for 1.1.1 will only happen if they are security related, generally resulting
    from a discovered Critical Vulnerability and Exposure (CVE). There is no scheduled functional or operational patch for 1.1.1 before that date. In NonStop terms, this moves to the equivalent of Limited Support.

Regards,
    Randall Becker
    I was just notified that there will be one more non-security-related fix release coming next week for OpenSSL 1.1.1r. The 3.0.6 release, which is coming at the same time, will contain a security fix as well. ITUGLIB is planning on posting builds for
    both releases. More to follow in a separate thread.

OpenSSL 3.0.7 and 1.1.1s build/test cycles currently in progress. 3.0.7 may hit the website today. 1.1.1s will take a bit longer as I have to port the fixes into the ITUGLIB fork.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05