• Getting access to Base24 database change data?

From Keith Dick@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 8 09:48:51 2021
    I work for a company whose product captures database change data from database change logs and uses it as input to various applications. One of the sources we can capture change data from is TMF audit trails.

One of our sales support guys just wrote to me saying there is a prospective customer for our product who asks whether we can capture change data from Base24.

I know that the original Base24 application used unaudited Enscribe files, so our product could not capture change data for such files. I don't know anything about how Base24 has changed over the many years it has been around.

Are there ways either to get Base24 to supply a stream of change data to a customer-written program, or ways to get Base24's data files to be audited so that our normal TMF audit trail extraction could work for it? I don't know whether real-time access
    to the changes are necessary or whether batch access would be acceptable. Tell me about approaches of either kind.

I believe I have heard that AutoTMF has been used with Base24. Do any of you know whether that has been done successfully?

The sales support guy has a meeting with the prospective customer tomorrow, so a quick, even if sketchy, response would be helpful.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From gcav@21:1/5 to gcav on Wed Apr 28 11:57:11 2021
    On Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 2:34:02 PM UTC-4, gcav wrote:
    On Monday, February 8, 2021 at 12:48:52 PM UTC-5, rkd...@gmail.com wrote:
    I work for a company whose product captures database change data from database change logs and uses it as input to various applications. One of the sources we can capture change data from is TMF audit trails.

One of our sales support guys just wrote to me saying there is a prospective customer for our product who asks whether we can capture change data from Base24.

I know that the original Base24 application used unaudited Enscribe files, so our product could not capture change data for such files. I don't know anything about how Base24 has changed over the many years it has been around.

Are there ways either to get Base24 to supply a stream of change data to a customer-written program, or ways to get Base24's data files to be audited so that our normal TMF audit trail extraction could work for it? I don't know whether real-time
    access to the changes are necessary or whether batch access would be acceptable. Tell me about approaches of either kind.

I believe I have heard that AutoTMF has been used with Base24. Do any of you know whether that has been done successfully?

The sales support guy has a meeting with the prospective customer tomorrow, so a quick, even if sketchy, response would be helpful.
    Have u tried ctrl-27 on the TLF files(PTLF/ATLF) files, that may suffice for a POF. Question a bit to open for a large system as B24.

gc
    *POC... proof of concept..

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gcav@21:1/5 to rkd...@gmail.com on Wed Apr 28 11:34:01 2021
    On Monday, February 8, 2021 at 12:48:52 PM UTC-5, rkd...@gmail.com wrote:

Are there ways either to get Base24 to supply a stream of change data to a customer-written program, or ways to get Base24's data files to be audited so that our normal TMF audit trail extraction could work for it? I don't know whether real-time access
    to the changes are necessary or whether batch access would be acceptable. Tell me about approaches of either kind.

Have u tried ctrl-27 on the TLF files(PTLF/ATLF) files, that may suffice for a POF. Question a bit to open for a large system as B24.

gc

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dave Bossi@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 4 04:55:32 2021

Yes, AutoTMF has been implemented a number of times. Phil Nye of Cardlink Consultants gave a presentation at (I believe) ITUG years ago about the process. As I recall it was a pretty standard implementation. You might check KBNS for any HP notes or
    the ITUG (Connect) archives for Phil's presentation.

Dave

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05