• Error in RDF

From INDRANIL CHAKRABORTY@21:1/5 to All on Wed Mar 9 23:04:55 2022
    Hello All,
    I am receiving the below error in RDF:

$U469 700 File system error 11on file < file name>, SNO 7873,
    RBA 311763300

It is actually, saying the file is not present in the DR system.
    It is actually a partition of a SQL table. But, the file and partition is actually present in DR system. Although, the error is showing.

Is anybody have any idea, how I can resolve it. I have restarted the RDF update but, the error is not going.

Thanks,
    Indranil

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Keith Dick@21:1/5 to indra...@gmail.com on Thu Mar 10 05:03:32 2022
    On Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 11:04:57 PM UTC-8, indra...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello All,

RBA 311763300

It is actually a partition of a SQL table. But, the file and partition is actually present in DR system. Although, the error is showing.

Is anybody have any idea, how I can resolve it. I have restarted the RDF update but, the error is not going.

Thanks,
    Indranil

This is just a guess, based on no experience with RDF. Could it be that the file you see that is present on the DR system is not a partition of the table that RDF is trying to update, but is a separate file or table that has the same subvolume and file
    name, or is a partition of a different base table that has the same subvolume and file name? If that is the situation, I guess you would have to figure out whether that other file or table legitimately belongs on the DR system or not.

Good luck!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Randall@21:1/5 to rkd...@gmail.com on Thu Mar 10 10:44:21 2022
    On Thursday, March 10, 2022 at 8:03:34 a.m. UTC-5, rkd...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello All,

RBA 311763300

Thanks,
    Indranil
    This is just a guess, based on no experience with RDF. Could it be that the file you see that is present on the DR system is not a partition of the table that RDF is trying to update, but is a separate file or table that has the same subvolume and file
    name, or is a partition of a different base table that has the same subvolume and file name? If that is the situation, I guess you would have to figure out whether that other file or table legitimately belongs on the DR system or not.

Good luck!

Was there an in-flight reload, reorg, repartition, partition change, or something related that was going on at the time? GNSC might be the way to go here.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From qzilla@21:1/5 to Randall on Fri Mar 11 01:27:52 2022
    On Friday, March 11, 2022 at 7:44:22 AM UTC+13, Randall wrote:
    Hello All,

RBA 311763300

Thanks,
    Indranil
    This is just a guess, based on no experience with RDF. Could it be that the file you see that is present on the DR system is not a partition of the table that RDF is trying to update, but is a separate file or table that has the same subvolume and
    file name, or is a partition of a different base table that has the same subvolume and file name? If that is the situation, I guess you would have to figure out whether that other file or table legitimately belongs on the DR system or not.

Good luck!
    Was there an in-flight reload, reorg, repartition, partition change, or something related that was going on at the time? GNSC might be the way to go here.

I don't have experience with RDF either, but we occasionally see this type of error with our replication software. If the file/table is there then is it possible RDF is attempting to update a record that doesn't exist on the destination system? Error 11
    also means the record is not in the file (table). Was there an earlier sync issue where an insert didn't get applied to the destination system?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Keith Dick@21:1/5 to qzilla on Fri Mar 11 12:37:23 2022
    On Friday, March 11, 2022 at 1:27:53 AM UTC-8, qzilla wrote:
    On Friday, March 11, 2022 at 7:44:22 AM UTC+13, Randall wrote:
    Hello All,

RBA 311763300

Thanks,
    Indranil
    This is just a guess, based on no experience with RDF. Could it be that the file you see that is present on the DR system is not a partition of the table that RDF is trying to update, but is a separate file or table that has the same subvolume and
    file name, or is a partition of a different base table that has the same subvolume and file name? If that is the situation, I guess you would have to figure out whether that other file or table legitimately belongs on the DR system or not.

Good luck!
    I don't have experience with RDF either, but we occasionally see this type of error with our replication software. If the file/table is there then is it possible RDF is attempting to update a record that doesn't exist on the destination system? Error
    11 also means the record is not in the file (table). Was there an earlier sync issue where an insert didn't get applied to the destination system?

Good thinking, qzilla. A missing record from a previous replication problem seems like a much more likely explanation than accidental duplication of the subvolume and file name by an unrelated table.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05