• ITUGLIB Update: OpenSSL 3.0.0-beta2+

From Randall@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 23 11:32:50 2021
    I am going to be pushing a new version of OpenSSL with some changes more recent than the original beta2 later today. This will have both 32 and 64 bit unthreaded versions. The previous naming conventions will apply for this release.

Please be aware that there is some discussion on the OpenSSL team about restructuring the packages so that we conform more to the linux standards. This is not finalized and may not make 3.0.0, but the idea is that the libraries will be named
    automatically by the OpenSSL configuration engine. The /usr/local-ssl3.0 is the ITUGLIB prefix to avoid conflicts with 1.0.2 and 1.1.1 releases, but directories under will be named automatically:

/usr/local-ssl3.0/lib for 32 bit
    /usr/local-ssl3.0/lib64 for 64 bit
    /usr/local-ssl3.0/lib64-put for 64 bit PUT thread model /usr/local-ssl3.0/lib-spt for 32 bit SPT thread model

If this is adopted before the official 3.0.0 release, I will let everyone know here. This naming can be overridden using the LIBDIR variable when OpenSSL is configured.

Also be aware that 1.1.1l is expected tomorrow. I will also post a note when that arrives on the ITUGLIB website.

Regards,
    Randall Becker
    On behalf of the ITUGLIB Technical Committee

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Randall@21:1/5 to Randall on Tue Aug 24 06:06:54 2021
    On Monday, August 23, 2021 at 2:32:51 p.m. UTC-4, Randall wrote:
    I am going to be pushing a new version of OpenSSL with some changes more recent than the original beta2 later today. This will have both 32 and 64 bit unthreaded versions. The previous naming conventions will apply for this release.

Please be aware that there is some discussion on the OpenSSL team about restructuring the packages so that we conform more to the linux standards. This is not finalized and may not make 3.0.0, but the idea is that the libraries will be named
    automatically by the OpenSSL configuration engine. The /usr/local-ssl3.0 is the ITUGLIB prefix to avoid conflicts with 1.0.2 and 1.1.1 releases, but directories under will be named automatically:

/usr/local-ssl3.0/lib64-put for 64 bit PUT thread model /usr/local-ssl3.0/lib-spt for 32 bit SPT thread model

If this is adopted before the official 3.0.0 release, I will let everyone know here. This naming can be overridden using the LIBDIR variable when OpenSSL is configured.

Also be aware that 1.1.1l is expected tomorrow. I will also post a note when that arrives on the ITUGLIB website.

Regards,
    Randall Becker

New versions have been pushed. Remember that 1.1.1l is expected today (or tomorrow), subject to build/test durations and when OpenSSL does the official release. OpenSSL 3 GA is not expected this week because of 1.1.1l.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Randall@21:1/5 to Randall on Tue Aug 24 12:49:19 2021
    On Monday, August 23, 2021 at 2:32:51 p.m. UTC-4, Randall wrote:

Regards,
    Randall Becker

New 3.0.0 builds have been pushed. Remember that 1.1.1l has been released by OpenSSL today and should make the ITUGLIB website later this afternoon subject to build/test durations, which are now in progress. OpenSSL 3 GA is not expected this week because
    of 1.1.1l.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05