• OpenSSL 3.0.0-beta1

From Randall@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 17 07:54:34 2021
    Hi Everyone,

Beta1 of OpenSSL 3.0.0 has been officially released as of today. ITUGLIB is currently testing this release, and assuming it tests correctly, we will be pushing out the release packages as they pass. You can also build the packages yourselves using c99
    by downloading the tarballs or cloning the OpenSSL repository from github. There are NONSTOP build instructions available.

Note that ITUGLIB will no longer be distributing source code for OpenSSL 3.0.0 since the NonStop port code is fully integrated into the main OpenSSL release. 1.1.1x will continue to have source releases until that series drops off support. 1.0.2 is no
    longer officially supported, but if you really need fixes for that release, please contact me directly and we can work something out (hiding support contracts on company letterhead behind my back).

More news will come as progress is made working through this release. Be aware that this is a major release with significant changes in structure and capabilities. If you have not developed a migration plan, you need to start thinking about it.

Regards,
    Randall
    On behalf of the ITUGLIB Technical Committee

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Randall@21:1/5 to Randall on Wed Jun 23 12:33:54 2021
    On Thursday, June 17, 2021 at 10:54:35 a.m. UTC-4, Randall wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

Beta1 of OpenSSL 3.0.0 has been officially released as of today. ITUGLIB is currently testing this release, and assuming it tests correctly, we will be pushing out the release packages as they pass. You can also build the packages yourselves using c99
    by downloading the tarballs or cloning the OpenSSL repository from github. There are NONSTOP build instructions available.

Note that ITUGLIB will no longer be distributing source code for OpenSSL 3.0.0 since the NonStop port code is fully integrated into the main OpenSSL release. 1.1.1x will continue to have source releases until that series drops off support. 1.0.2 is no
    longer officially supported, but if you really need fixes for that release, please contact me directly and we can work something out (hiding support contracts on company letterhead behind my back).

More news will come as progress is made working through this release. Be aware that this is a major release with significant changes in structure and capabilities. If you have not developed a migration plan, you need to start thinking about it.

Regards,
    Randall

Update coming! I have managed to fix the thread versions of Beta1 so they now compile. The PUT version just passed tests, so with a little luck, the SPT version might also - although that's not guaranteed. I should get some results today and will try to
    push this to the website.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Randall@21:1/5 to Randall on Thu Jun 24 08:38:52 2021
    On Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 3:33:55 p.m. UTC-4, Randall wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

Beta1 of OpenSSL 3.0.0 has been officially released as of today. ITUGLIB is currently testing this release, and assuming it tests correctly, we will be pushing out the release packages as they pass. You can also build the packages yourselves using
    c99 by downloading the tarballs or cloning the OpenSSL repository from github. There are NONSTOP build instructions available.

Note that ITUGLIB will no longer be distributing source code for OpenSSL 3.0.0 since the NonStop port code is fully integrated into the main OpenSSL release. 1.1.1x will continue to have source releases until that series drops off support. 1.0.2 is
    no longer officially supported, but if you really need fixes for that release, please contact me directly and we can work something out (hiding support contracts on company letterhead behind my back).

Regards,
    Randall
    Update coming! I have managed to fix the thread versions of Beta1 so they now compile. The PUT version just passed tests, so with a little luck, the SPT version might also - although that's not guaranteed. I should get some results today and will try
    to push this to the website.

OpenSSL 3.0.0 Beta1 is now on the ITUGLIB website. These are temporary and may be removed in future as the product moves to a more stable state.

The unthreaded and PUT versions are available. SPT is not currently working but we may be able to get a package out in a few days. Note that Floats for 3.0.0 are all IEEE. The current packages contain FIPS configurations, so you can play with those.
    Future packages may be split to contain FIPS and non-FIPS content. Please be aware that ITUGLIB will not be certifying OpenSSL for FIPS compliance for budgetary reasons. If you want to do that, you will have to arrange that yourself or work with us to do
    that.

Randall Becker
    On Behalf of the ITUGLIB Technical Committee.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Randall@21:1/5 to Randall on Fri Jun 25 15:00:25 2021
    On Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 11:38:53 a.m. UTC-4, Randall wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

Beta1 of OpenSSL 3.0.0 has been officially released as of today. ITUGLIB is currently testing this release, and assuming it tests correctly, we will be pushing out the release packages as they pass. You can also build the packages yourselves using
    c99 by downloading the tarballs or cloning the OpenSSL repository from github. There are NONSTOP build instructions available.

Note that ITUGLIB will no longer be distributing source code for OpenSSL 3.0.0 since the NonStop port code is fully integrated into the main OpenSSL release. 1.1.1x will continue to have source releases until that series drops off support. 1.0.2 is
    no longer officially supported, but if you really need fixes for that release, please contact me directly and we can work something out (hiding support contracts on company letterhead behind my back).

Regards,
    Randall
    Update coming! I have managed to fix the thread versions of Beta1 so they now compile. The PUT version just passed tests, so with a little luck, the SPT version might also - although that's not guaranteed. I should get some results today and will try
    to push this to the website.
    OpenSSL 3.0.0 Beta1 is now on the ITUGLIB website. These are temporary and may be removed in future as the product moves to a more stable state.

The unthreaded and PUT versions are available. SPT is not currently working but we may be able to get a package out in a few days. Note that Floats for 3.0.0 are all IEEE. The current packages contain FIPS configurations, so you can play with those.
    Future packages may be split to contain FIPS and non-FIPS content. Please be aware that ITUGLIB will not be certifying OpenSSL for FIPS compliance for budgetary reasons. If you want to do that, you will have to arrange that yourself or work with us to do
    that.

Randall Becker

No ETA yet on the SPT build. We can do it manually, but my changes are not yet part of the main line so our CI/CD pipeline cannot see it. If you want to try the build, please let me know. The TNS/E versions of unthreaded and PUT versions are currently in
    the pipeline and I hope to see them appear on the website soon.
    -Randall

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Randall@21:1/5 to Randall on Mon Jun 28 07:47:36 2021
    On Friday, June 25, 2021 at 6:00:26 p.m. UTC-4, Randall wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

Beta1 of OpenSSL 3.0.0 has been officially released as of today. ITUGLIB is currently testing this release, and assuming it tests correctly, we will be pushing out the release packages as they pass. You can also build the packages yourselves
    using c99 by downloading the tarballs or cloning the OpenSSL repository from github. There are NONSTOP build instructions available.

Note that ITUGLIB will no longer be distributing source code for OpenSSL 3.0.0 since the NonStop port code is fully integrated into the main OpenSSL release. 1.1.1x will continue to have source releases until that series drops off support. 1.0.2
    is no longer officially supported, but if you really need fixes for that release, please contact me directly and we can work something out (hiding support contracts on company letterhead behind my back).

Regards,
    Randall
    Update coming! I have managed to fix the thread versions of Beta1 so they now compile. The PUT version just passed tests, so with a little luck, the SPT version might also - although that's not guaranteed. I should get some results today and will
    try to push this to the website.

that.

Randall Becker
    No ETA yet on the SPT build. We can do it manually, but my changes are not yet part of the main line so our CI/CD pipeline cannot see it. If you want to try the build, please let me know. The TNS/E versions of unthreaded and PUT versions are currently
    in the pipeline and I hope to see them appear on the website soon.
    -Randall

The TNS/E versions of unthreaded and PUT OpenSSL 3.0.0 - beta1 are now on the ITUGLIB website. No word yet on when the SPT fixes will be accepted, but I'll get those out when it happens. As with 1.1.1, SPT will be 32-bit and use FLOSS.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Randall@21:1/5 to Randall on Mon Jun 28 12:16:57 2021
    On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 10:47:37 a.m. UTC-4, Randall wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

Beta1 of OpenSSL 3.0.0 has been officially released as of today. ITUGLIB is currently testing this release, and assuming it tests correctly, we will be pushing out the release packages as they pass. You can also build the packages yourselves
    using c99 by downloading the tarballs or cloning the OpenSSL repository from github. There are NONSTOP build instructions available.

Note that ITUGLIB will no longer be distributing source code for OpenSSL 3.0.0 since the NonStop port code is fully integrated into the main OpenSSL release. 1.1.1x will continue to have source releases until that series drops off support. 1.0.
    2 is no longer officially supported, but if you really need fixes for that release, please contact me directly and we can work something out (hiding support contracts on company letterhead behind my back).

Regards,
    Randall
    Update coming! I have managed to fix the thread versions of Beta1 so they now compile. The PUT version just passed tests, so with a little luck, the SPT version might also - although that's not guaranteed. I should get some results today and will
    try to push this to the website.

Future packages may be split to contain FIPS and non-FIPS content. Please be aware that ITUGLIB will not be certifying OpenSSL for FIPS compliance for budgetary reasons. If you want to do that, you will have to arrange that yourself or work with us to
    do that.

Randall Becker
    No ETA yet on the SPT build. We can do it manually, but my changes are not yet part of the main line so our CI/CD pipeline cannot see it. If you want to try the build, please let me know. The TNS/E versions of unthreaded and PUT versions are
    currently in the pipeline and I hope to see them appear on the website soon.
    -Randall
    The TNS/E versions of unthreaded and PUT OpenSSL 3.0.0 - beta1 are now on the ITUGLIB website. No word yet on when the SPT fixes will be accepted, but I'll get those out when it happens. As with 1.1.1, SPT will be 32-bit and use FLOSS.

Please everyone be aware that there is no current support for cross-compiling OpenSSL for any of the ports done by me - at this stage anyway. To build this yourself, you need to Configure and build on your own NonStop. You can, if you want, take the .h, .
    so, .a files from the resulting build, put them onto your workstation and compile/link with them.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Randall@21:1/5 to Randall on Tue Jun 29 07:53:18 2021
    On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 3:16:59 p.m. UTC-4, Randall wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

Note that ITUGLIB will no longer be distributing source code for OpenSSL 3.0.0 since the NonStop port code is fully integrated into the main OpenSSL release. 1.1.1x will continue to have source releases until that series drops off support. 1.
    0.2 is no longer officially supported, but if you really need fixes for that release, please contact me directly and we can work something out (hiding support contracts on company letterhead behind my back).

More news will come as progress is made working through this release. Be aware that this is a major release with significant changes in structure and capabilities. If you have not developed a migration plan, you need to start thinking about
    it.

Regards,
    Randall
    Update coming! I have managed to fix the thread versions of Beta1 so they now compile. The PUT version just passed tests, so with a little luck, the SPT version might also - although that's not guaranteed. I should get some results today and
    will try to push this to the website.

The unthreaded and PUT versions are available. SPT is not currently working but we may be able to get a package out in a few days. Note that Floats for 3.0.0 are all IEEE. The current packages contain FIPS configurations, so you can play with
    those. Future packages may be split to contain FIPS and non-FIPS content. Please be aware that ITUGLIB will not be certifying OpenSSL for FIPS compliance for budgetary reasons. If you want to do that, you will have to arrange that yourself or work with
    us to do that.

Randall Becker
    No ETA yet on the SPT build. We can do it manually, but my changes are not yet part of the main line so our CI/CD pipeline cannot see it. If you want to try the build, please let me know. The TNS/E versions of unthreaded and PUT versions are
    -Randall
    Please everyone be aware that there is no current support for cross-compiling OpenSSL for any of the ports done by me - at this stage anyway. To build this yourself, you need to Configure and build on your own NonStop. You can, if you want, take the .h,
    .so, .a files from the resulting build, put them onto your workstation and compile/link with them.

I happily retract my previous remark. the nonstop-nsx_64 and nonstop-nsx_64_put configurations can now be cross-compiled as far back as L16.05. Documentation about how to do this is in my personal openssl fork (rsbeckerca/openssl) and will hopefully be
    pulled into the main repository shortly. Obviously, it still needs to be configured and tested on a real NonStop. SPT requires FLOSS so you can't easily do that on a workstation.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Randall@21:1/5 to Randall on Mon Jul 5 14:25:07 2021
    On Tuesday, June 29, 2021 at 10:53:19 a.m. UTC-4, Randall wrote:
    On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 3:16:59 p.m. UTC-4, Randall wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

Beta1 of OpenSSL 3.0.0 has been officially released as of today. ITUGLIB is currently testing this release, and assuming it tests correctly, we will be pushing out the release packages as they pass. You can also build the packages
    yourselves using c99 by downloading the tarballs or cloning the OpenSSL repository from github. There are NONSTOP build instructions available.

Note that ITUGLIB will no longer be distributing source code for OpenSSL 3.0.0 since the NonStop port code is fully integrated into the main OpenSSL release. 1.1.1x will continue to have source releases until that series drops off support.
    1.0.2 is no longer officially supported, but if you really need fixes for that release, please contact me directly and we can work something out (hiding support contracts on company letterhead behind my back).

More news will come as progress is made working through this release. Be aware that this is a major release with significant changes in structure and capabilities. If you have not developed a migration plan, you need to start thinking about
    it.

Regards,
    Randall
    Update coming! I have managed to fix the thread versions of Beta1 so they now compile. The PUT version just passed tests, so with a little luck, the SPT version might also - although that's not guaranteed. I should get some results today and
    will try to push this to the website.

The unthreaded and PUT versions are available. SPT is not currently working but we may be able to get a package out in a few days. Note that Floats for 3.0.0 are all IEEE. The current packages contain FIPS configurations, so you can play with
    those. Future packages may be split to contain FIPS and non-FIPS content. Please be aware that ITUGLIB will not be certifying OpenSSL for FIPS compliance for budgetary reasons. If you want to do that, you will have to arrange that yourself or work with
    us to do that.

Randall Becker
    -Randall
    Please everyone be aware that there is no current support for cross-compiling OpenSSL for any of the ports done by me - at this stage anyway. To build this yourself, you need to Configure and build on your own NonStop. You can, if you want, take the .
    h, .so, .a files from the resulting build, put them onto your workstation and compile/link with them.
    I happily retract my previous remark. the nonstop-nsx_64 and nonstop-nsx_64_put configurations can now be cross-compiled as far back as L16.05. Documentation about how to do this is in my personal openssl fork (rsbeckerca/openssl) and will hopefully be
    pulled into the main repository shortly. Obviously, it still needs to be configured and tested on a real NonStop. SPT requires FLOSS so you can't easily do that on a workstation.

Good news. The SPT 32-bit FLOSS build for TNS/X is now available on the ITUGLIB website.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05