• JToolkit communication with EMS

From wilsonjohna@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 7 12:03:20 2021
    Hi All -

I took a look at the most recent JToolkit documentation, and there does not seem to be a reference to using the EMS.

Has anyone done any work with Java on the HP NonStop that writes out to the EMS log?

I am thinking that the only method may be to use a JNI and make the call from C/C++ code, but I thought I would ask in case I am missing something.

Thanks,
    John Wilson

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Bill Honaker@21:1/5 to wilso...@gmail.com on Fri May 7 17:33:28 2021
    On Fri, 7 May 2021 12:03:20 -0700 (PDT), "wilso...@gmail.com" <wilsonjohna@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All -

I took a look at the most recent JToolkit documentation, and there does not seem to be a reference to using the EMS.

Has anyone done any work with Java on the HP NonStop that writes out to the EMS log?

I am thinking that the only method may be to use a JNI and make the call from C/C++ code, but I thought I would ask in case I am missing something.

Thanks,
    John Wilson

John,

There use to be a log4j EMS appender included with NSJSP. It came with a JNI-based class library.
    Logging then was managed the same wa that other log4j appenders work, but the messages go to $0.

As I recall it was a text-only event... so no tokenization.

Bill

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Randall@21:1/5 to Bill Honaker on Sat May 8 11:52:53 2021
    On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 6:33:31 p.m. UTC-4, Bill Honaker wrote:
    On Fri, 7 May 2021 12:03:20 -0700 (PDT), "wilso...@gmail.com" <wilso...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All -

Thanks,
    John Wilson
    John,

There use to be a log4j EMS appender included with NSJSP. It came with a JNI-based class library.
    Logging then was managed the same wa that other log4j appenders work, but the messages go to $0.

Bill

My company has had a product that does tokenization in Java (it is a complete EMS/SPI library actually). It's been a while since there was interest but I'm happy to make it happen.

Regards,
    Randall

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From wilsonjohna@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Randall on Mon May 10 08:33:24 2021
    On Saturday, May 8, 2021 at 2:52:54 PM UTC-4, Randall wrote:
    On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 6:33:31 p.m. UTC-4, Bill Honaker wrote:
    On Fri, 7 May 2021 12:03:20 -0700 (PDT), "wilso...@gmail.com" <wilso...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All -

Thanks,
    John Wilson
    John,

Bill
    My company has had a product that does tokenization in Java (it is a complete EMS/SPI library actually). It's been a while since there was interest but I'm happy to make it happen.

Regards,
    Randall

Thanks for the responses! We will do some additional research on our side to see what options we might be able to find.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05