• Photo transfers

From JF Mezei@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 11 09:55:50 2021
    Updated my iPhone to IOS 15.1 haven't finished disabling all the
    unwanted fluff but tested photo transfer to my old mac with iPhoto.

So iPhone Xs with IOS 15.1
    High Sierra Mac (so old stuff).

The transfer of photos still works. The ability to delete photos after
    being downloaded is still disabled (it was disabled well after iPhoto
    was retired BTW). One must use Preview to delete the photos from the
    iPhone.

Entered text as a "caption" in the new ability to see/exit exif data in
    iPhone Photos.

When transfered via iPhoto:

the caption text is not there in the actual .jpg file (using exiftool to
    list all exif data).

When transfered via Airdrop:

the caption text appears as "Image Description" in the exif data.

When transfered via Preview:

The caption is not part of the EXIF data.

Have not tested with "Photos" because it insisis on converting my iPhoto library before I am allowed to do anything.

I tried using the Adobe import from Camera fundtion but it doesn't see
    my iPhone (perhaps because it is alsready been seen by iPhoto and Preview).

It is interesting that the Airdrop conversion from Apple's format to JPG includes the new exif data. But when I assume the Picture Transfer
    Ptotocol is used to transfer the photos, that info is not present.

So before you start using the exif editing functions, make sure your
    workflow will result in that data enterered on iPhone making it to your
    desktop if you don't adhere to the strict Apple religion of using iCloud.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From nospam@21:1/5 to jfmezei.spamnot@vaxination.ca on Thu Nov 11 10:33:04 2021
    In article <W9ajJ.23958$Gco3.18294@fx01.iad>, JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@vaxination.ca> wrote:

Have not tested with "Photos" because it insisis on converting my iPhoto library before I am allowed to do anything.

why the fuck are you still using iphoto?

it was replaced with a much better app long ago.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jim Gibson@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 11 19:41:01 2021
    On Nov 11, 2021 at 6:55:50 AM PST, "JF Mezei" <jfmezei.spamnot@vaxination.ca> wrote:

Photos does need to convert your iPhotos library to a Photos-compatible
    format, but if I recall correctly (it has been years since I made the conversion myself) Photos creates its own library and leaves the iPhotos one untouched. Just today i found and deleted an old 20GB iPhotos library from my laptop.

After Photos has converted your library to its own format, you can continue to use iPhotos as long as you want using the old iPhotos library, but the two libraries will be different, so pick one application and stick with it going forward. You even get a little helpful hint from iPhoto when you run it that its library has been converted to Photos and any changes made will not appear in the Photos version.

Just to make sure, just copy your iPhotos library to an external disk before you do the conversion.

--
    Jim Gibson

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JF Mezei@21:1/5 to Jim Gibson on Thu Nov 11 15:59:44 2021
    On 2021-11-11 14:41, Jim Gibson wrote:

Photos does need to convert your iPhotos library to a Photos-compatible format,

And that takes time, and then deleted the Photos stuff takes even more
    time to ensure non fo the "production" iPhoto is touched. Apple makes it
    easy to move from iPhoto to Photos not the other way around.

Once I am ready tomove off iPhoto, then I can spend the time to convert
    my libreray once.

Doing all this work to test just one imjprt would be a pain. And I would
    then have to find ways to foce import from iPhone to convert to JPEG so
    photos that are importaned could be uised by photoshop etc. ( I haven't
    found filters for CS6 to open/save Apple format images)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Lewis@21:1/5 to JF Mezei on Thu Nov 11 22:39:24 2021
    In message <W9ajJ.23958$Gco3.18294@fx01.iad> JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@vaxination.ca> wrote:
    Updated my iPhone to IOS 15.1 haven't finished breaking things

#FTFY

One must use Preview to delete the photos from the iPhone.

Nonsense.

Perhaps you should use current software?

OHNOES! You ignorant jackass.

--
    It's like saying Macbeth in a theatre, or Voldemort at Hogswarts, or...
    ... soccer in England.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Lewis@21:1/5 to nospam on Thu Nov 11 22:40:13 2021
    In message <111120211033048194%nospam@nospam.invalid> nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:
    In article <W9ajJ.23958$Gco3.18294@fx01.iad>, JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@vaxination.ca> wrote:

Have not tested with "Photos" because it insisis on converting my iPhoto
    library before I am allowed to do anything.

Because he's JF, and JF always has to do the dumbest thing for the
    dumbest reasons in the dumbest way.

--
    What beep from yonder speaker sounds?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From nospam@21:1/5 to jfmezei.spamnot@vaxination.ca on Thu Nov 11 19:35:12 2021
    In article <5vfjJ.5447$Z0a.3319@fx17.iad>, JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@vaxination.ca> wrote:

Photos does need to convert your iPhotos library to a Photos-compatible format,

And that takes time, and then deleted the Photos stuff takes even more
    time to ensure non fo the "production" iPhoto is touched.

very little time.

Apple makes it
    easy to move from iPhoto to Photos not the other way around.

that'e because iphoto has been dead for many years.

Once I am ready tomove off iPhoto, then I can spend the time to convert
    my libreray once.

what are you waiting for?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From STALKING_TARGET_96@21:1/5 to Lewis on Tue Nov 23 19:47:46 2021
    On Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 3:40:16 PM UTC-7, Lewis wrote:
    In message <111120211033048194%nos...@nospam.invalid> nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
    In article <W9ajJ.23958$Gco3....@fx01.iad>, JF Mezei <jfmezei...@vaxination.ca> wrote:

Have not tested with "Photos" because it insisis on converting my iPhoto >> library before I am allowed to do anything.

--

Demanding Theo to confess to his actions, which is just common sense, is
    not the same as referencing his flooding. My meaning was that folk arrive
    here in order to face idiots. It is not as if we all do not know what this place is, Diesel included. The malware is real, its presence at any point
    in time being on your Linux 7-ZIP is a ghost image. Diesel has been over
    this, in excruciating detail previously, Theo.

I thought showing Theo a taste of his own medicine might help the situation.
    It did not.

My view is that we should ALL report the flooding and then it will stop.
    Theo expects people to believe that a poster such as Diesel who he has regularly declared to be a troll is someone to 'trust'? Why can he assume people are that stupid?

-
    Top 15 Ways Theo Trolls https://www.google.com/search?q=Steve+Petruzzellis%3A+narcissistic+bigot https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dustin%20cook%20functionally%20illiterate%20fraud <http://web.archive.org/web/20200911090855/https://www.usphonebook.com/423- 491-1448?Dustin-Cook=&Diesel=&Gremlin=>
    Narcissistic Bigot Steve Carroll

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Diesel / Gremlin Kook@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 23 22:44:30 2021
    On Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 8:47:49 PM UTC-7, Diesel / Gremlin Kook wrote:
    In message <111120211033048194%nos...@nospam.invalid> nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
    In article <W9ajJ.23958$Gco3....@fx01.iad>, JF Mezei <jfmezei...@vaxination.ca> wrote:

Have not tested with "Photos" because it insisis on converting my iPhoto >> library before I am allowed to do anything.

--
    not the same as referencing his flooding. My meaning was that folk arrive here in order to face idiots. It is not as if we all do not know what this place is, Diesel included. The malware is real, its presence at any point
    in time being on your Linux 7-ZIP is a ghost image. Diesel has been over this, in excruciating detail previously, Theo.

I thought showing Theo a taste of his own medicine might help the situation. It did not.

Theo expects people to believe that a poster such as Diesel who he has regularly declared to be a troll is someone to 'trust'? Why can he assume people are that stupid?

-
    Top 15 Ways Theo Trolls https://www.google.com/search?q=Steve+Petruzzellis%3A+narcissistic+bigot https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dustin%20cook%20functionally%20illiterate%20fraud <http://web.archive.org/web/20200911090855/https://www.usphonebook.com/423- 491-1448?Dustin-Cook=&Diesel=&Gremlin=>

That is the problem today and less experienced students don't stand a chance; people from pre-tech generations (~60 yo) are the only ones who know better than to fall for the New World agenda. Linus Torvalds is a false advocate's hero.

Generally, I would not call a post like Snit-like chrisv's posts a fabrication until you negate it (as you are here) and Snit-like chrisv responds with
    the gibberish without offering any evidence. Dustin Cook: functionally illiterate
    fraud.

Snit-like chrisv just has a bunch of completely false allegations and he
    knows it, so his MO is to repeat his bullshit non-stop and engage 'posters' (who are either socks or shills) to 'agree to' that bullshit to befuddle
    his audience. And you do realize that it isn't impossible for Snit-like chrisv to be doing this, or paying one of his programmer "friends" to do it.

--
    "You'll notice how quickly he loses interest when everything is about him.
    He clearly wants the attention"
    Steven Petruzzellis, making the dumbest comment ever uttered.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Diesel / Gremlin Kook@21:1/5 to JF Mezei on Tue Nov 23 22:28:42 2021
    On Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 7:55:54 AM UTC-7, JF Mezei wrote:

The transfer of photos still works. The ability to delete photos after
    being downloaded is still disabled (it was disabled well after iPhoto
    was retired BTW). One must use Preview to delete the photos from the
    iPhone.

Entered text as a "caption" in the new ability to see/exit exif data in iPhone Photos.

the caption text is not there in the actual .jpg file (using exiftool to
    list all exif data).

It is interesting that the Airdrop conversion from Apple's format to JPG includes the new exif data. But when I assume the Picture Transfer

So before you start using the exif editing functions, make sure your
    workflow will result in that data enterered on iPhone making it to your desktop if you don't adhere to the strict Apple religion of using iCloud.

On topic discussions will not be seen once those of us here before the eternal September are outnumbered. That, and there will always be a temper tantrum
    or more in an unmoderated news group. The specifics of the bullshit aside,
    we have all seen who uncontrollably blames others when he does not get anyone to shill for him.

No-one gets it, I barely understand it.

Anyway, it won't matter because the name on a post is irrelevant, it's
    the content that counts. The content clearly is a bunch of delusional Shadow- like crap. 2+2=

Really, those of you who troll are not able to restrain Snit anymore. Tizen runs on the circuitry kernel. So yeah, circuitry is mobile. circuitry is
    a super computer. circuitry is a server. circuitry is a desktop. circuitry
    is growing in market share.

--
    Eight things to never feed your cat https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dustin%20cook%20functionally%20illiterate%20fraud https://www.bing.com/search?q=dustin+cook+the+functionally+illiterate+fraud Dustin Cook is a functional illiterate fraud

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From STALKING_TARGET_66@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 24 04:04:45 2021
    On Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 8:47:49 PM UTC-7, STALKING_TARGET_66 wrote:

--
    not the same as referencing his flooding. My meaning was that folk arrive here in order to face idiots. It is not as if we all do not know what this place is, Diesel included. The malware is real, its presence at any point
    in time being on your Linux 7-ZIP is a ghost image. Diesel has been over this, in excruciating detail previously, Theo.

I thought showing Theo a taste of his own medicine might help the situation. It did not.

-

Mike Easter is regularly seen insisting "CANNOT BE FOUND" when it comes
    to info on the web where it is easy to find... but Mike Easter is just too stupid and lost to grasp any info... or he doesn't recognize it _as_ advice even when he does see it. It was Mike Easter who was publicly asking how
    better to post his forgeries. Is this for real? When will Mike Easter support the allegation they've made copius times recently about me being a Snit
    sock?

Mike Easter's actions are altogether fully deceitful. There can be zero
    dispute that as soon as any forgiven 'plonked person' does something to
    wound the inferior milksop's feelings that they'll be put right back in
    the kill filter.

--
    E-commerce Simplified! <https://www.spokeo.com/Dustin-Cook/Tennessee/Kingsport/p40064865906>
    Steve Petruzzellis the Narcissistic Bigot

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From STALKING_TARGET_92@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 24 04:21:00 2021
    On Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 11:28:44 PM UTC-7, STALKING_TARGET_92 wrote:

The transfer of photos still works. The ability to delete photos after being downloaded is still disabled (it was disabled well after iPhoto
    was retired BTW). One must use Preview to delete the photos from the iPhone.

Entered text as a "caption" in the new ability to see/exit exif data in iPhone Photos.

the caption text is not there in the actual .jpg file (using exiftool to list all exif data).

So before you start using the exif editing functions, make sure your workflow will result in that data enterered on iPhone making it to your desktop if you don't adhere to the strict Apple religion of using iCloud.
    On topic discussions will not be seen once those of us here before the eternal
    September are outnumbered. That, and there will always be a temper tantrum
    or more in an unmoderated news group. The specifics of the bullshit aside,
    we have all seen who uncontrollably blames others when he does not get anyone to shill for him.

the content that counts. The content clearly is a bunch of delusional Shadow- like crap. 2+2=

Really, those of you who troll are not able to restrain Snit anymore. Tizen runs on the circuitry kernel. So yeah, circuitry is mobile. circuitry is
    a super computer. circuitry is a server. circuitry is a desktop. circuitry
    is growing in market share.

--
    Eight things to never feed your cat https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dustin%20cook%20functionally%20illiterate%20fraud https://www.bing.com/search?q=dustin+cook+the+functionally+illiterate+fraud Dustin Cook is a functional illiterate fraud

This is something you merely pretend to understand. I have not substantiated that the number: (423) 491-1448 will be answered by Rod Speed.

Obviously, since folks here can call Rod Speed out (repeatedly), he's lied; otherwise everyone else must be lying be about him, and I don't think Rod Speed's willing to claim it is mass attack of himself and pretend that's
    a conspiracy.

His goal is to see Michael Glasser AKA Snit frustrated by nonstop flooding.
    And hey, that could work.

If you have 'file.doc' open in an editor such as emacs and Rod Speed wants
    to change its name to 'windows.pdf' via a preset script when selecting a
    VPN from a list, that might be good, if only to ensure a proper gaslighting
    of the LCD.

--
    One Smart Penny https://www.bing.com/search?q=Steve%20Petruzzellis%20narcissistic%20bigot https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/108-Warrior-Dr-Kingsport-TN-37663/42459578_zpid/
    https://swisscows.com/web?query=%22narcissistic%20bigot%22
    Dustin Cook is a functional illiterate fraud

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steve Carroll@21:1/5 to Steve Carroll on Wed Nov 24 12:03:46 2021
    On Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 5:04:47 AM UTC-7, Steve Carroll wrote:
    On Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 8:47:49 PM UTC-7, STALKING_TARGET_66 wrote:

Have not tested with "Photos" because it insisis on converting my iPhoto
    library before I am allowed to do anything.

Because he's JF, and JF always has to do the dumbest thing for the dumbest reasons in the dumbest way.

--
    Demanding Theo to confess to his actions, which is just common sense, is not the same as referencing his flooding. My meaning was that folk arrive here in order to face idiots. It is not as if we all do not know what this place is, Diesel included. The malware is real, its presence at any point in time being on your Linux 7-ZIP is a ghost image. Diesel has been over this, in excruciating detail previously, Theo.

I thought showing Theo a taste of his own medicine might help the situation.
    It did not.

My view is that we should ALL report the flooding and then it will stop. Theo expects people to believe that a poster such as Diesel who he has regularly declared to be a troll is someone to 'trust'? Why can he assume people are that stupid?

-
    Mike Easter is regularly seen insisting "CANNOT BE FOUND" when it comes
    to info on the web where it is easy to find... but Mike Easter is just too stupid and lost to grasp any info... or he doesn't recognize it _as_ advice even when he does see it. It was Mike Easter who was publicly asking how better to post his forgeries. Is this for real? When will Mike Easter support the allegation they've made copius times recently about me being a Snit
    sock?

Mike Easter's actions are altogether fully deceitful. There can be zero dispute that as soon as any forgiven 'plonked person' does something to
    wound the inferior milksop's feelings that they'll be put right back in
    the kill filter.

--
    E-commerce Simplified! <https://www.spokeo.com/Dustin-Cook/Tennessee/Kingsport/p40064865906>
    Steve Petruzzellis the Narcissistic Bigot

Kelly Phillips just has a bunch of completely unsupported allegations
    and he knows it, so his game is to repeat his crap over and over and
    engage 'friends' (who are either socks or shills) to 'support' that lies
    to disorient his audience. And in retaliation you have nothing but a
    crack to start a circus.

Nobody who isn't just using you for wicked goals (isn't a shill) sees
    you as anything remotely close to respectable. You have nobody but me
    to credit for that.

Not only did Glasser Michael Snit's request not allude to the "distro",
    it has nada to do with Linux. Kelly Phillips should stop sniffing glue.

And what did Kelly Phillips have to say about this long list of "convenient friends" who popped up at just the right moment? Most of the time he
    would try to push the advocates to trust they're real people who just
    happened to have a detailed understanding of the history of the group.
    Yeah, right!

--
    Eight things to never feed your cat https://search.givewater.com/serp?q=Dustin+Cook+%22functional+illiterate+fraud%22
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Dustin+Cook+the+functional+illiterate+fraud https://winthropmemorials.org/veterans/eightnames/files/Eight-Names- Winthrops-VietnamVeterans-Pinzur.pdf
    Steve Carroll the Narcissistic Bigot

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steve Carroll@21:1/5 to Steve Carroll on Wed Nov 24 15:48:08 2021
    On Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 5:21:02 AM UTC-7, Steve Carroll wrote:

The transfer of photos still works. The ability to delete photos after being downloaded is still disabled (it was disabled well after iPhoto

the caption text is not there in the actual .jpg file (using exiftool to list all exif data).

It is interesting that the Airdrop conversion from Apple's format to JPG includes the new exif data. But when I assume the Picture Transfer Ptotocol is used to transfer the photos, that info is not present.

So before you start using the exif editing functions, make sure your workflow will result in that data enterered on iPhone making it to your desktop if you don't adhere to the strict Apple religion of using iCloud.
    September are outnumbered. That, and there will always be a temper tantrum or more in an unmoderated news group. The specifics of the bullshit aside, we have all seen who uncontrollably blames others when he does not get anyone
    to shill for him.

the content that counts. The content clearly is a bunch of delusional Shadow-
    like crap. 2+2=

a super computer. circuitry is a server. circuitry is a desktop. circuitry is growing in market share.

--
    This is something you merely pretend to understand. I have not substantiated that the number: (423) 491-1448 will be answered by Rod Speed.

Obviously, since folks here can call Rod Speed out (repeatedly), he's lied; otherwise everyone else must be lying be about him, and I don't think Rod Speed's willing to claim it is mass attack of himself and pretend that's
    a conspiracy.

His goal is to see Michael Glasser AKA Snit frustrated by nonstop flooding. And hey, that could work.

VPN from a list, that might be good, if only to ensure a proper gaslighting of the LCD.

--
    One Smart Penny https://www.bing.com/search?q=Steve%20Petruzzellis%20narcissistic%20bigot https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/108-Warrior-Dr-Kingsport-TN-37663/42459578_zpid/

With all the crowing Just Wondering's done on this topic, the 'Content
    Manager' does not understand how to do this. It seriously takes a couple seconds to select a selection and 'Google' it. Linux is a false advocate's hero. It was Just Wondering who stated that he and his college buddies
    used to steal candy from toddlers all the time and it was just fun. I think
    the point is far from just to get innocent posters to listen to him. The
    point is likely to piss me off for trolling outside groups he knows I frequent. Just Wondering claimed the text mining were entirely consistent with many
    of the socks. Well, why is he having such difficulty backing his assertion
    up when asked to do so? In other words, if his statement was even mostly correct, and not just a trolling attempt to come to Snits rescue?

--
    This Trick Gets Women Hot For You!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prZeTJKpc3Y https://www.bing.com/search?q=Steve%20Petruzzellis%20narcissistic%20bigot
    Steve Carroll the Narcissistic Bigot

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steve Carroll@21:1/5 to Steve Carroll on Thu Nov 25 01:10:21 2021
    On Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 5:21:02 AM UTC-7, Steve Carroll wrote:

It is interesting that the Airdrop conversion from Apple's format to JPG includes the new exif data. But when I assume the Picture Transfer Ptotocol is used to transfer the photos, that info is not present.

September are outnumbered. That, and there will always be a temper tantrum or more in an unmoderated news group. The specifics of the bullshit aside, we have all seen who uncontrollably blames others when he does not get anyone
    to shill for him.

the content that counts. The content clearly is a bunch of delusional Shadow-
    like crap. 2+2=

a super computer. circuitry is a server. circuitry is a desktop. circuitry is growing in market share.

--

a conspiracy.

His goal is to see Michael Glasser AKA Snit frustrated by nonstop flooding. And hey, that could work.

VPN from a list, that might be good, if only to ensure a proper gaslighting of the LCD.

--

I'm not going to pretend Carroll did not assist me with Linux and I acknowledge his knowledge. The Holy Ghost has this thread as an example and could begin
    to sound like he is no longer complete ignorant from this day forward ;)
    Um, in The Holy Ghost's 'view', that a PDF has been made public is "evidence" that Carroll designed it now? Another successful Linux test. That is if
    you count slow and buggy as a success.

--
    Best CMS Solution of 2017 https://www.opensecrets.org/political-action-committees-pacs/C00166710/donors/2016
    Dustin Cook the functionally illiterate fraud

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05