• 2 mocking boards in an Apple

From Stefan C@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 7 07:05:45 2020
    Dear All,

I'm facing an issue I don't quite understand.

I've made a program that use the 6522 to time some events. To access the 6522, I use a MockingBoard. In AppleWin, there are 2 MB. If my program uses the one on slot 5 ($C500), it fails. If it uses the one one slot ($C400), it works. Thanks to the cool
    dudes at French Touch, we have tested that on a Megaaudio card (it emulates 2 MockingBoard). Same result : if I use the C500 it fails (didn't have the opportunity to check on C400 yet).

When I say "it fails", it means the reporting timings are very far from plausible...

So here's my question : are there some kind of interactions betweenn two MockingBoards ? Should I watch out for something peculiar ?

I've checked that my code doesn't hop from one card to another.

So if anybody has an answer that'd be nice.

Meantime, I'll continnue to look into this issue with French touch.

Have a good day !

Stéphane

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Stefan C@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 7 07:09:53 2020
    Side note, when one reads/writes the counter in a 6522, he uses C404 and C405 Addresses. Is it right to read/write those addresses to set/read the counter directly, without doing anything additional (resetting a MockingBoard register here or there for
    example) ? I've checked the doc and it seems to me that it's fine to do so but I'm not sure, hence the question...

Best regards,

Stéphane

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Stefan C@21:1/5 to Stefan C on Fri Aug 7 07:18:04 2020
    My bad !!! Found out the issue. Bad debugging and a macro screwing things around silently :-(
    Sorry for the inconvenience
    Stéphane

On Friday, 7 August 2020 at 16:05:46 UTC+2, Stefan C wrote:
    Dear All,

I'm facing an issue I don't quite understand.

I've made a program that use the 6522 to time some events. To access the 6522, I use a MockingBoard. In AppleWin, there are 2 MB. If my program uses the one on slot 5 ($C500), it fails. If it uses the one one slot ($C400), it works. Thanks to the cool
    dudes at French Touch, we have tested that on a Megaaudio card (it emulates 2 MockingBoard). Same result : if I use the C500 it fails (didn't have the opportunity to check on C400 yet).

When I say "it fails", it means the reporting timings are very far from plausible...

So here's my question : are there some kind of interactions betweenn two MockingBoards ? Should I watch out for something peculiar ?

I've checked that my code doesn't hop from one card to another.

So if anybody has an answer that'd be nice.

Meantime, I'll continnue to look into this issue with French touch.

Have a good day !

Stéphane

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Antoine Vignau@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 7 12:27:28 2020
    Stéphane,
    please provide more info about the "bug", other users may encounter it some day or another.

If you have two cards, I guess you have to play with the interrupts and also with the $c04x and $c05x softswitches.

Thank you,
    Antoine

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05