• PCPI / ProDOS HD using 3.5 inch floppy?

From Paul MacMillan@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 27 12:42:45 2021
    I am trying to use the Pro/Part ProDOS software to configure a ProDOS hard drive using a 3.5-inch Apple Drive as the "hard drive". This is a Smartport drive (S5,D1 on a IIGS. I get thru all the steps described in the readme, run INSTALL with the new
    PDOSHD.DVR, but when CP/M reboots it says No PRO_PARTITION found. Is this whole approach doomed to fail or should it be be working...?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From A2CPM@21:1/5 to Paul on Sat Aug 28 01:04:37 2021
    Hi!

On Friday, August 27, 2021 at 3:42:46 PM UTC-4, Paul wrote:
    I am trying to use the Pro/Part ProDOS software to configure a ProDOS hard drive using a 3.5-inch Apple Drive as the "hard drive". This is a Smartport drive (S5,D1 on a IIGS. I get thru all the steps described in the readme, run INSTALL with the new
    PDOSHD.DVR, but when CP/M reboots it says No PRO_PARTITION found. Is this whole approach doomed to fail or should it be be working...?

Should work. Steven Hirsch, author of Pro/Part, has been seen posting here recently. If he reads this...

Willi

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steven Hirsch@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 31 09:34:23 2021
    On 8/28/21 4:04 AM, A2CPM wrote:
    Hi!

On Friday, August 27, 2021 at 3:42:46 PM UTC-4, Paul wrote:

Should work. Steven Hirsch, author of Pro/Part, has been seen posting here recently. If he reads this...

Steven has seen this and vaguely recalls being able to do this in the distant past. I'm way too busy with non-computer things at the moment to set up and try it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05