• WTB Apple IIe nut plate

From mossorb@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 5 20:29:52 2018
    I just aquired a second super serial card for my IIe, and it seems to have come out of a previous model II with a different way of mounting cables. Does anyone happen to have a nut plate for a 25 pin connector kicking around and is willing to part with
    it? I've been looking online for a few hours now, but it seems that these just aren't made anymore.

I also may need a 9 pin plate, for a mouse card coming my way.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From James Davis@21:1/5 to Brent Mossor on Sat Oct 6 18:24:24 2018
    On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 8:29:53 PM UTC-7, Brent Mossor wrote:
    I just aquired a second super serial card for my IIe, and it seems to have come out of a previous model II with a different way of mounting cables. Does anyone happen to have a nut plate for a 25 pin connector kicking around and is willing to part with
    it? I've been looking online for a few hours now, but it seems that these just aren't made anymore.

You could probably craft your own with a small plate of aluminum or two, a drill and drill motor, and a nibbler. Or, with an old credit card or two and the same tools, or a razor knife. You could use double-stick foam-tape to attach the plate to the
    back of your Apple II/II+.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Brent Mossor@21:1/5 to All on Sat Oct 6 22:53:50 2018
    I've been shopping around for "similar" pieces, but not to much avail. I actually hadn't even thought of using a plastic card for easier manipulation, thank you for the idea!

I was able to find 4-40 screws and nuts for a semi-reasonable price, after a ton of searching ( I mean, I could have bought them in the hundreds, but I only have a few empty slots). I barely remember the days of actual computing parts stores, but man do
    I miss them...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From James Davis@21:1/5 to Brent Mossor on Sun Oct 7 10:05:12 2018
    On Saturday, October 6, 2018 at 10:53:51 PM UTC-7, Brent Mossor wrote:
    I've been shopping around for "similar" pieces, but not to much avail. I actually hadn't even thought of using a plastic card for easier manipulation, thank you for the idea!

I was able to find 4-40 screws and nuts for a semi-reasonable price, after a ton of searching ( I mean, I could have bought them in the hundreds, but I only have a few empty slots). I barely remember the days of actual computing parts stores, but man
    do I miss them...

Round head 4-40 screws and hex-nuts should be available from any hardware store. If they don't have them on hand, they can order them for you cheaply. [I have hundreds of them (in various lengths) in a jar out in my garage.]

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Scott Alfter@21:1/5 to JPD.Enterprises@outlook.com on Mon Oct 8 17:05:23 2018
    In article <33214d96-d245-4d94-89d5-4afc62359234@googlegroups.com>,
    James Davis <JPD.Enterprises@outlook.com> wrote:
    On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 8:29:53 PM UTC-7, Brent Mossor wrote:
    I just aquired a second super serial card for my IIe, and it seems to
    have come out of a previous model II with a different way of mounting
    cables. Does anyone happen to have a nut plate for a 25 pin connector
    kicking around and is willing to part with it? I've been looking online
    for a few hours now, but it seems that these just aren't made anymore.

You could probably craft your own with a small plate of aluminum or two,
    a drill and drill motor, and a nibbler. Or, with an old credit card or
    two and the same tools, or a razor knife. You could use double-stick >foam-tape to attach the plate to the back of your Apple II/II+.

If you have a 3D printer, this sounds like something that would be fairly
    easy to knock out on one of those. This might do the job, or would at least
    be a decent start:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:368285

_/_
    / v \ Scott Alfter (remove the obvious to send mail)
    (IIGS( https://alfter.us/ Top-posting!
    \_^_/ >What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05