• WTB: Apple II+ Applesoft E0 ROM

From Polymorph@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 1 20:34:42 2018
    I am after a replacement Applesoft E0 ROM (341-0013-E0) for an Apple II+ I recently purchased in which this ROM has gone bad.

I am aware that you can use a modified 2716 EPROM (and I will probably do this until I can source a genuine replacement), but I would like an original chip to keep the machine looking nice inside and out. Smile

PM me with a price if you have one that you are willing to sell.

Thanks!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From joe@lemura.com.au@21:1/5 to Polymorph on Sun Jul 22 21:39:37 2018
    On Monday, July 2, 2018 at 10:34:43 AM UTC+7, Polymorph wrote:
    I am after a replacement Applesoft E0 ROM (341-0013-E0) for an Apple II+ I recently purchased in which this ROM has gone bad.

I am aware that you can use a modified 2716 EPROM (and I will probably do this until I can source a genuine replacement), but I would like an original chip to keep the machine looking nice inside and out. Smile

Thanks!

Hi i am in the same situation that i need 341-0013-E0 as well
    Can you expand what you mean about using a 2716 EPROM? Do you mean i can create a new one based on a 2716 EPROM?
    many thank
    J

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Polymorph@21:1/5 to j...@lemura.com.au on Mon Jul 23 16:47:59 2018
    On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 2:39:38 PM UTC+10, j...@lemura.com.au wrote:
    On Monday, July 2, 2018 at 10:34:43 AM UTC+7, Polymorph wrote:

Thanks!

Hi i am in the same situation that i need 341-0013-E0 as well
    Can you expand what you mean about using a 2716 EPROM? Do you mean i can create a new one based on a 2716 EPROM?
    many thank
    J

Hi,

What I was referring to is modifying an 2716 EPROM to be able to use it as a substitute for the Apple ROMs.

You cannot use a 2716 directly as they are not pin compatible with the Apple ROMs, however you can modify them to use as a substitute.

For complete compatibility (esp with regards to ROM cards), you need to invert some of the signals going into the EPROM. For full details on performing this modification (which is the one I plan on implementing), see Mike Willegals site here:
    http://www.willegal.net/appleii/appleii-integer.htm (scroll down to "Stacking Socket Type 2716 EPROM Adaptor")

If you are not so handy with a soldering iron, or just want to be able to use an EPROM and are *not* planning on using a ROM card, then you can use the method outlined in "Understanding the Apple II" by Sather. See sections 6-13 thru 6-15 for details.
    You can get a PDF of this book here (if you don't already have it): ftp://ftp.apple.asimov.net/pub/apple_II/documentation/hardware/machines/understanding%20the%20apple%20ii.pdf

Hope this helps you get your machine back up and running!

Cheers,
    Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05