• WTB: Disk ][ Drive Face

From Jeff Ramsey@21:1/5 to All on Sat Dec 16 18:09:24 2017
    I just got two Disk ][ drives for the IIe that I am rebuilding. They both worked, but needed cleaned up a bit. Trying to get the cover off of the second one and the cover is hung up on the black dust cover that is underneath the slots. After trying to
    pull it on through the plastic, I ended up breaking the black plastic face off of the front.

So I am now in need of a new faceplate for one Disk ][ drive. Does anyone have any drives that are mechanically dead that they would be able to remove a faceplate and sell me?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From James Davis@21:1/5 to Jeff Ramsey on Sun Dec 17 00:55:39 2017
    On Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 6:09:26 PM UTC-8, Jeff Ramsey wrote:
    I just got two Disk ][ drives for the IIe that I am rebuilding. They both worked, but needed cleaned up a bit. Trying to get the cover off of the second one and the cover is hung up on the black dust cover that is underneath the slots. After trying to
    pull it on through the plastic, I ended up breaking the black plastic face off of the front.

So I am now in need of a new faceplate for one Disk ][ drive. Does anyone have any drives that are mechanically dead that they would be able to remove a faceplate and sell me?

If you don't have any luck with this request, you can probably get a blank one from Shugart (the OEM) and an "Apple" logo sticker and a "disk ][" sticker on ebay.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jeff Ramsey@21:1/5 to James Davis on Tue Dec 19 10:13:00 2017
    On Sunday, December 17, 2017 at 12:55:40 AM UTC-8, James Davis wrote:
    On Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 6:09:26 PM UTC-8, Jeff Ramsey wrote:
    I just got two Disk ][ drives for the IIe that I am rebuilding. They both worked, but needed cleaned up a bit. Trying to get the cover off of the second one and the cover is hung up on the black dust cover that is underneath the slots. After trying
    to pull it on through the plastic, I ended up breaking the black plastic face off of the front.

If you don't have any luck with this request, you can probably get a blank one from Shugart (the OEM) and an "Apple" logo sticker and a "disk ][" sticker on ebay.

I found two sources within the community. I am going to end up with three of them, so I will have a few spares. :)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05