• I don't know what to say, except back to the Apple Store again

From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to All on Mon Nov 15 05:01:26 2021
    I shut the Mac down last evening because it refused to enter Sleep mode. Then tried to start it up this morning. It's stuck in a boot loop. I tried a few solutions found in a web search, nothing worked.

Proof:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D75C2IXHkyUoiRmAp9Cl7orG8m3wQVep/view?usp=sharing

The Apple Store opens at 10. I hope they can show me what happened and how to fix it. I'm taking everything back in their boxes in case I need to return it all.

I'll update later.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Mon Nov 15 09:12:41 2021
    On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 8:01:28 AM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:
    I shut the Mac down last evening because it refused to enter Sleep mode. Then tried to start it up this morning. It's stuck in a boot loop. I tried a few solutions found in a web search, nothing worked.

Proof:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D75C2IXHkyUoiRmAp9Cl7orG8m3wQVep/view?usp=sharing

The Apple Store opens at 10. I hope they can show me what happened and how to fix it. I'm taking everything back in their boxes in case I need to return it all.

I'll update later.

Update. I spent an hour in the Apple Store. After trying everything they knew to try they could not tell me exactly what was wrong or how long it would take to fix or replace. That included trying to get Boot Mode to work.

I asked for and received a refund on the entire purchase. The rejected Sleep commands had happened several times over the last few days. That should have been a sign that something was wrong.

I'm no longer a Mac owner. You cannot believe how disappointing this experience has been. At least the Apple Store rep was very understanding and accommodating.

Next up, move my Carbonite subscription back to the HP and restore a Quicken data file. Then I may look for a new W11 laptop. There is also the issue with what to do with the new monitor ordered for the Mac...

Oh, I should have known better. My bad.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Mon Nov 15 10:13:12 2021
    On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 12:12:43 PM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:
    I shut the Mac down last evening because it refused to enter Sleep mode.
    Then tried to start it up this morning. It's stuck in a boot loop. I tried a few
    solutions found in a web search, nothing worked.

Proof:

I'll update later.

Update. I spent an hour in the Apple Store. After trying everything they knew to try
    they could not tell me exactly what was wrong or how long it would take to fix or replace.
    That included trying to get Boot Mode to work.

I asked for and received a refund on the entire purchase. The rejected Sleep commands
    had happened several times over the last few days. That should have been a sign that
    something was wrong.

I'm no longer a Mac owner. You cannot believe how disappointing this experience has been.
    At least the Apple Store rep was very understanding and accommodating.

So then, upon the first actual problem, Tom bailed.

Unlike his Honda.

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John@21:1/5 to -hh on Mon Nov 15 10:27:51 2021
    On 11/15/21 10:13 AM, -hh wrote:
    I shut the Mac down last evening because it refused to enter Sleep mode. >>> Then tried to start it up this morning. It's stuck in a boot loop. I tried a few

Proof:

The Apple Store opens at 10. I hope they can show me what happened and how >>> to fix it. I'm taking everything back in their boxes in case I need to return it all.

I'll update later.

Update. I spent an hour in the Apple Store. After trying everything they knew to try
    they could not tell me exactly what was wrong or how long it would take to fix or replace.

I asked for and received a refund on the entire purchase. The rejected Sleep commands
    had happened several times over the last few days. That should have been a sign that
    something was wrong.

I'm no longer a Mac owner. You cannot believe how disappointing this experience has been.

Unlike his Honda.

-hh

Sounds like the OS just needed a reload. Mac Store should have been
    able to do that.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to John on Mon Nov 15 10:41:23 2021
    On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 1:28:01 PM UTC-5, John wrote:
    I shut the Mac down last evening because it refused to enter Sleep mode. >>> Then tried to start it up this morning. It's stuck in a boot loop. I tried a few

Proof:

The Apple Store opens at 10. I hope they can show me what happened and how
    to fix it. I'm taking everything back in their boxes in case I need to return it all.

I'll update later.

something was wrong.

Unlike his Honda.

able to do that.

A quick google search suggested to me that there are some elements which may indicate a hardware problem. If that's the case then supply chain backorders would
    mean that the Apple Store was unable to offer a complete hardware replacement right on the spot.

Then again, with how Tom was mucking around with Bootcamp or Parallels with IIRC Windows 11 betas for ARM chips, it seems likely that that could have been what was fouling up the sleep operations (can't suspend active App?): if he also
    did some sort of rude disconnect, that could have been what corrupted whatever and bricked it: I'd not be inclined to immediately ignore any 'User Error' possibilities.

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Mon Nov 15 11:48:20 2021
    On 2021-11-15 9:12 a.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    I shut the Mac down last evening because it refused to enter Sleep
    mode. Then tried to start it up this morning. It's stuck in a boot
    loop. I tried a few solutions found in a web search, nothing
    worked.

Proof:

The Apple Store opens at 10. I hope they can show me what happened and
    how to fix it. I'm taking everything back in their boxes in case I need
    to return it all.

I'll update later.

Update. I spent an hour in the Apple Store. After trying everything
    they knew to try they could not tell me exactly what was wrong or how
    long it would take to fix or replace. That included trying to get
    Boot Mode to work.

I asked for and received a refund on the entire purchase. The
    rejected Sleep commands had happened several times over the last few
    days. That should have been a sign that something was wrong.

Riiiiiight.

They'd been happening for the last few days...

...but the idiot who bleats every problem he has with a piece of Apple equipment never mentioned them.

I'm no longer a Mac owner. You cannot believe how disappointing this experience has been. At least the Apple Store rep was very
    understanding and accommodating.

You never intended to be a Mac owner, Idiot.

Next up, move my Carbonite subscription back to the HP and restore a
    Quicken data file. Then I may look for a new W11 laptop. There is
    also the issue with what to do with the new monitor ordered for the
    Mac...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Mon Nov 15 11:46:48 2021
    On 2021-11-15 5:01 a.m., Thomas E. wrote:

Proof:

I'll update later.

So you went to the store with all your boxes, did you, Idiot?

Yeah... ...this was a sincere purchase.

LOL

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Mon Nov 15 12:13:04 2021
    On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 2:46:52 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:

Proof:

I'll update later.

LOL
    Yes I did. I had already tried the suggested solution, it failed. No need to make 2 trips. I left the other items in the car, hoping to get it fixed. See my update.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to -hh on Mon Nov 15 12:11:20 2021
    On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 1:41:24 PM UTC-5, -hh wrote:
    Then tried to start it up this morning. It's stuck in a boot loop. I tried a few

Proof:

to fix it. I'm taking everything back in their boxes in case I need to return it all.

I'll update later.

something was wrong.

Unlike his Honda.

able to do that.
    A quick google search suggested to me that there are some elements which may indicate a hardware problem. If that's the case then supply chain backorders would
    mean that the Apple Store was unable to offer a complete hardware replacement
    right on the spot.

Then again, with how Tom was mucking around with Bootcamp or Parallels with IIRC Windows 11 betas for ARM chips, it seems likely that that could have been
    what was fouling up the sleep operations (can't suspend active App?): if he also
    did some sort of rude disconnect, that could have been what corrupted whatever
    and bricked it: I'd not be inclined to immediately ignore any 'User Error' possibilities.

-hh

More details: The Apple Store guys looked it over. They said they would probably need to replace it but could not say when that might happen. They would have done it today if they have one in stock. The Apple store says the first week of December. In the
    meantime I need a working computer and wanted to get this one returned and my money back. I may buy another one later, after the bugs are worked out. A new W11 laptop is not out of the question either. I really liked what I saw of it on the Mac.

There was nothing unusual about the software on it. What really got THEIR attention was that it would not go to the boot up options menu. I tried that too before taking it in. Apparently the M1 Macs do not have the same boot options as the Intel versions.
    The M1 uses about a 5 second hold on the power/fingerprint key to go to a boot disk menu. I was told there none of the multiple key combinations on the Intel Macs. From the web, what I called Boot Mode above works like this:

"From a shut down M1 Mac, press and hold the Power button until Loading Startup Options appears, then release the button. You’ll be back at the Startup Options screen. Click on the disk you want to turn into the default boot disk, press and hold the
    Option key, then click Always Use."

Instead of going to that menu it just kept going in the boot loop. If it will not go to a low level menu like that something is seriously hosed, or so I was told. Motherboard? It was a real pain to manually update some files on the HP but I had them
    backed up on OneDrive. Time Vault was of no use.

I REALLY loved that Mac. Like I said this is a VERY disappointing. It was not a good day. No joy here at all.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Mon Nov 15 12:53:35 2021
    On 2021-11-15 12:18 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 2:48:23 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
    worked.

Proof:

to return it all.

I'll update later.

Boot Mode to work.

Riiiiiight.

...but the idiot who bleats every problem he has with a piece of Apple
    equipment never mentioned them.

I'm no longer a Mac owner. You cannot believe how disappointing this
    experience has been. At least the Apple Store rep was very

Mac...

I most certainly did intend to be a long term Mac owner. On Saturday I invested $400 in an upgraded UHD monitor just for the Macs hi-res display. It arrives Wednesday. Why would I do that if I intended to take it back today? Need any proof? I can
    supply that.

Because such a monitor is useful whether or not you have a Mac, Idiot.

Did you even look at the video clip of the boot loop? It would not even boot to the boot drive list. See my 3:11 PM EST post for details.

I assume all your videos and posts are lies since you lied about your
    flight logs, Idiot.

Oh, and you didn't disconnect whatever was connected via the USB-C
    connector on the left side...

...and strangely for the guy who was asking everyone here for solutions
    to his problems, you suddenly went silent rather than ask before
    returning the system.

<https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Mon Nov 15 12:24:41 2021

Proof:

I'll update later.

Here are more complete references to the start options for a M1 Mac. It's more than just picking a boot disk.

https://eshop.macsales.com/blog/74502-boot-an-m1-mac-into-recovery-mode/

https://mac-fusion.com/m1-based-macs-have-new-startup-modes-heres-what-you-need-to-know/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Mon Nov 15 12:18:48 2021
    worked.

Proof:

to return it all.

I'll update later.

Boot Mode to work.

Riiiiiight.

...but the idiot who bleats every problem he has with a piece of Apple equipment never mentioned them.

I'm no longer a Mac owner. You cannot believe how disappointing this experience has been. At least the Apple Store rep was very

Next up, move my Carbonite subscription back to the HP and restore a Quicken data file. Then I may look for a new W11 laptop. There is
    Mac...

I most certainly did intend to be a long term Mac owner. On Saturday I invested $400 in an upgraded UHD monitor just for the Macs hi-res display. It arrives Wednesday. Why would I do that if I intended to take it back today? Need any proof? I can supply
    that.

Did you even look at the video clip of the boot loop? It would not even boot to the boot drive list. See my 3:11 PM EST post for details.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Mon Nov 15 12:55:42 2021
    On 2021-11-15 12:24 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:

Proof:

I'll update later.

Here are more complete references to the start options for a M1 Mac. It's more than just picking a boot disk.

https://eshop.macsales.com/blog/74502-boot-an-m1-mac-into-recovery-mode/

https://mac-fusion.com/m1-based-macs-have-new-startup-modes-heres-what-you-need-to-know/

Yeah... ...and, Idiot? So what?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Mon Nov 15 12:54:54 2021
    On 2021-11-15 12:13 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 2:46:52 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:

Proof:

I'll update later.

LOL
    Yes I did. I had already tried the suggested solution, it failed. No need to make 2 trips. I left the other items in the car, hoping to get it fixed. See my update.

Weird that the guy who bleated every problem he had with this (even
    truly trival non-problems like not being able to figure out the search
    function in System Preferences)...

...didn't bother mentioning your sleep problems or asking for solutions
    here.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Mon Nov 15 13:22:44 2021
    On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 3:11:22 PM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:

Proof:

I'll update later.

something was wrong.

Unlike his Honda.

able to do that.
    A quick google search suggested to me that there are some elements which may
    indicate a hardware problem. If that's the case then supply chain backorders would
    right on the spot.

Then again, with how Tom was mucking around with Bootcamp or Parallels with IIRC Windows 11 betas for ARM chips, it seems likely that that could have been
    what was fouling up the sleep operations (can't suspend active App?): if he also
    and bricked it: I'd not be inclined to immediately ignore any 'User Error' possibilities.

More details: The Apple Store guys looked it over. They said they would probably need
    to replace it but could not say when that might happen. They would have done it today
    if they have one in stock. The Apple store says the first week of December.

That's just ~2 weeks from now, and as a warranty repair, you'd probably have priority.

In the meantime I need a working computer ...

You still have your old laptop, right? Don't really understand what the real problem is here.

... and wanted to get this one returned and my money back. I may buy another one later,
    after the bugs are worked out. A new W11 laptop is not out of the question either.
    I really liked what I saw of it on the Mac.

So you'll go spend an equal chunk of change for a W11 laptop, invest the time to get it all
    set up and then gosh maybe someday consider a Mac again at some point? Not really
    sounding all that likely, sorry: suspect that you'll rationalize doing nothing to get your
    money's worth out of the new Intel W11 laptop to kick the can down the road, at which point you'll then start sniffing around at Windows ARM hardware rumors to rationalize waiting for that.

There was nothing unusual about the software on it.

IMO, there had to have been something causing the sleep problems you reported.

What really got THEIR attention was that it would not go to the boot up options menu.
    I tried that too before taking it in. Apparently the M1 Macs do not have the same boot
    options as the Intel versions. The M1 ... If it will not go to a low level menu like that
    something is seriously hosed, or so I was told. Motherboard? It was a real pain to
    manually update some files on the HP but I had them backed up on OneDrive.

Thus why I said probably a hardware issue.

Time Vault was of no use.

"Time Vault"?

I'll freely admit that I'm not up to the minute on all of the naming stuff, but it sounds
    like you may have merged Time Machine with File Vault - the former is for data backup
    and the latter for data security.

I REALLY loved that Mac. Like I said this is a VERY disappointing. It was not a good day. No joy here at all.

DOA's and Infant mortality happens in electronic hardware, as it classically has
    the old bathtub ("U" shaped) reliability curve, and the 20th Century practices of
    conducting "burn in" have fallen by the wayside.

Case in point, as CoVid began, I wanted a different setup so I ordered a video adaptor. It worked well enough that ~6 months later, I decided to purchase another of the same (same supplier & same vendor): Well, copy #2 was DOA.
    So I did a return w/replacement. #3 was also a DOA ... well, almost: it worked
    for 5 minutes than crapped out, so did a R&R on it too. Unit #4 was a DOA as well,
    at which point I returned & didn't replace with same: I went to a different supplier
    & vendor for #5 (& paid more). Overall, if the first one hadn't worked perfectly
    (and FYI, it is still working) and #5, I would have thought that it was some huge
    conspiracy trying to make me go insane. Instead, my conclusion is that since parts #2 - #4 were all from the same supplier, vendor, & time period (after CoVid
    onset), it was probably a bad batch that had gotten out in the wild.

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Mon Nov 15 13:26:00 2021
    On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 3:53:38 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
    worked.

Proof:

how to fix it. I'm taking everything back in their boxes in case I need >> to return it all.

I'll update later.

they knew to try they could not tell me exactly what was wrong or how >>> long it would take to fix or replace. That included trying to get
    Boot Mode to work.

Riiiiiight.

Mac...

I most certainly did intend to be a long term Mac owner. On Saturday I invested $400 in an upgraded UHD monitor just for the Macs hi-res display. It arrives Wednesday. Why would I do that if I intended to take it back today? Need any proof? I can
    supply that.

flight logs, Idiot.

returning the system.

The logsheet entries you reference were filled out by my flight instructor. I was too busy to count landings. There was no need to exaggerate landings. There is no minimum required for a license.

I did not ask here because I never got any solutions. I figured the Mac Genius crew would have an actual answer. They did. It would not even boot to the recovery mode. It was hosed.

What was connected to the USB port? 2 external drives, including Time Machine. That's all. It did the same thing at the Apple Store with nothing connected. I tried it that way too, with and without the charger connected, before I left for the store.

The Apple crew agreed it had serious issues. Get that through your idiotic head Liarboy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to -hh on Mon Nov 15 13:35:58 2021
    On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 4:22:45 PM UTC-5, -hh wrote:
    On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 3:11:22 PM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:
    On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 8:01:28 AM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote: >>> I shut the Mac down last evening because it refused to enter Sleep mode.

Proof:

I'll update later.

something was wrong.

Unlike his Honda.

Sounds like the OS just needed a reload. Mac Store should have been able to do that.
    A quick google search suggested to me that there are some elements which may
    indicate a hardware problem. If that's the case then supply chain backorders would
    right on the spot.

Then again, with how Tom was mucking around with Bootcamp or Parallels with
    IIRC Windows 11 betas for ARM chips, it seems likely that that could have been

More details: The Apple Store guys looked it over. They said they would probably need
    to replace it but could not say when that might happen. They would have done it today
    if they have one in stock. The Apple store says the first week of December. That's just ~2 weeks from now, and as a warranty repair, you'd probably have priority.

In the meantime I need a working computer ...

You still have your old laptop, right? Don't really understand what the real problem is here.

... and wanted to get this one returned and my money back. I may buy another one later,
    after the bugs are worked out. A new W11 laptop is not out of the question either.
    I really liked what I saw of it on the Mac.
    So you'll go spend an equal chunk of change for a W11 laptop, invest the time to get it all
    set up and then gosh maybe someday consider a Mac again at some point? Not really
    sounding all that likely, sorry: suspect that you'll rationalize doing nothing to get your
    money's worth out of the new Intel W11 laptop to kick the can down the road, at
    which point you'll then start sniffing around at Windows ARM hardware rumors to
    rationalize waiting for that.
    There was nothing unusual about the software on it.
    IMO, there had to have been something causing the sleep problems you reported.
    What really got THEIR attention was that it would not go to the boot up options menu.
    I tried that too before taking it in. Apparently the M1 Macs do not have the same boot
    options as the Intel versions. The M1 ... If it will not go to a low level menu like that
    something is seriously hosed, or so I was told. Motherboard? It was a real pain to
    manually update some files on the HP but I had them backed up on OneDrive.
    Thus why I said probably a hardware issue.
    Time Vault was of no use.
    "Time Vault"?

I'll freely admit that I'm not up to the minute on all of the naming stuff, but it sounds
    like you may have merged Time Machine with File Vault - the former is for data backup
    and the latter for data security.
    DOA's and Infant mortality happens in electronic hardware, as it classically has
    the old bathtub ("U" shaped) reliability curve, and the 20th Century practices of
    conducting "burn in" have fallen by the wayside.

Case in point, as CoVid began, I wanted a different setup so I ordered a video
    adaptor. It worked well enough that ~6 months later, I decided to purchase another of the same (same supplier & same vendor): Well, copy #2 was DOA.
    So I did a return w/replacement. #3 was also a DOA ... well, almost: it worked
    for 5 minutes than crapped out, so did a R&R on it too. Unit #4 was a DOA as well,
    at which point I returned & didn't replace with same: I went to a different supplier
    & vendor for #5 (& paid more). Overall, if the first one hadn't worked perfectly
    (and FYI, it is still working) and #5, I would have thought that it was some huge
    conspiracy trying to make me go insane. Instead, my conclusion is that since parts #2 - #4 were all from the same supplier, vendor, & time period (after CoVid
    onset), it was probably a bad batch that had gotten out in the wild.

-hh

Time Machine is what I meant to say. I'm not thinking too clearly this afternoon.

Yes, there had to be something causing the sleep issues, and probably the same hardware issue that showed up after I shut it down.

I'll most likely return the new UHD monitor, keep the current HP, wait for the Windows-on-M1 situation to clear up, and the M2 Mac to show up. I'm not going to make any snap decisions. I am really upset by this whole episode and need to let some time go
    by.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Mon Nov 15 14:34:34 2021
    On 2021-11-15 1:26 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 8:01:28 AM UTC-5, Thomas E.
    wrote:
    I shut the Mac down last evening because it refused to
    enter Sleep mode. Then tried to start it up this morning.
    It's stuck in a boot loop. I tried a few solutions found in
    a web search, nothing worked.

Proof:

how to fix it. I'm taking everything back in their boxes in
    case I need to return it all.

I'll update later.

Update. I spent an hour in the Apple Store. After trying
    everything they knew to try they could not tell me exactly
    what was wrong or how long it would take to fix or replace.

I asked for and received a refund on the entire purchase.
    The rejected Sleep commands had happened several times over
    the last few days. That should have been a sign that
    something was wrong.
    Riiiiiight.

...but the idiot who bleats every problem he has with a piece
    of Apple equipment never mentioned them.

I'm no longer a Mac owner. You cannot believe how
    disappointing this experience has been. At least the Apple
    Store rep was very understanding and accommodating.

Next up, move my Carbonite subscription back to the HP and
    restore a Quicken data file. Then I may look for a new W11
    laptop. There is also the issue with what to do with the new
    monitor ordered for the Mac...

I most certainly did intend to be a long term Mac owner. On
    Saturday I invested $400 in an upgraded UHD monitor just for the
    Macs hi-res display. It arrives Wednesday. Why would I do that if
    I intended to take it back today? Need any proof? I can supply
    that.
    Because such a monitor is useful whether or not you have a Mac,
    Idiot.

Did you even look at the video clip of the boot loop? It would
    not even boot to the boot drive list. See my 3:11 PM EST post for
    details.
    I assume all your videos and posts are lies since you lied about
    your flight logs, Idiot.

...and strangely for the guy who was asking everyone here for
    solutions to his problems, you suddenly went silent rather than ask
    before returning the system.

The logsheet entries you reference were filled out by my flight
    instructor. I was too busy to count landings. There was no need to
    exaggerate landings. There is no minimum required for a license.

You were always good with excuses, Liarboy Idiot (or is it "Idiot Liarboy"?)

I did not ask here because I never got any solutions. I figured the
    Mac Genius crew would have an actual answer. They did. It would not
    even boot to the recovery mode. It was hosed.

Sorry, but your telling of the tale implies you were having the sleep
    problems before you could have formed that conclusion, Idiot.

What was connected to the USB port? 2 external drives, including Time Machine. That's all. It did the same thing at the Apple Store with
    nothing connected. I tried it that way too, with and without the
    charger connected, before I left for the store.

The Apple crew agreed it had serious issues. Get that through your
    idiotic head Liarboy.

What I get is that you probably bought a unit as soon as they came out
    hoping that there would be a problem with an early unit so you could
    declare the whole thing a failure, knowing full well that Apple's return
    policy would let you do it.

Is it any surprise to anyone that you bought a Mac on October 30 and
    precisely 15 days later--the last day that the policy would allow it,
    you returned it for a refund?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Mon Nov 15 15:16:48 2021
    On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 5:34:38 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
    wrote:

Proof:

I'll update later.

something was wrong.
    Riiiiiight.

that.
    Idiot.

details.
    your flight logs, Idiot.

instructor. I was too busy to count landings. There was no need to exaggerate landings. There is no minimum required for a license.

Sorry, but your telling of the tale implies you were having the sleep problems before you could have formed that conclusion, Idiot.

What was connected to the USB port? 2 external drives, including Time Machine. That's all. It did the same thing at the Apple Store with

idiotic head Liarboy.
    What I get is that you probably bought a unit as soon as they came out
    hoping that there would be a problem with an early unit so you could
    declare the whole thing a failure, knowing full well that Apple's return policy would let you do it.

Is it any surprise to anyone that you bought a Mac on October 30 and precisely 15 days later--the last day that the policy would allow it,

As for the log entries, the person who signs it is responsible. The instructor signed of on those entries. As far as I know they are correct, but it was over 50 years ago.
    And, what incentive would he or I have to enter the wrong number of landings?

I thought it was 30 days grace. Never looked that until I pulled up a sales receipt to take to the store. Anyway, it was the APPLE staff that told me it was hosed. You actually think I'm smart enough to do that?

Also, these M1 Mac symptoms are documented by others.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/how-bad-is-the-m1-macs-ssd-failure-problem/ https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252925077 https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/m1-macbook-pro-in-boot-loop.2306909/ https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/m1-macbook-pro-not-booting.2277851/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Mon Nov 15 17:38:31 2021
    wrote:

Proof:

I'll update later.

something was wrong.
    Riiiiiight.

that.
    Idiot.

details.
    your flight logs, Idiot.

The logsheet entries you reference were filled out by my flight instructor. I was too busy to count landings. There was no need to exaggerate landings. There is no minimum required for a license.

Sorry, but your telling of the tale implies you were having the sleep problems before you could have formed that conclusion, Idiot.

idiotic head Liarboy.
    What I get is that you probably bought a unit as soon as they came out hoping that there would be a problem with an early unit so you could
    declare the whole thing a failure, knowing full well that Apple's return policy would let you do it.

Is it any surprise to anyone that you bought a Mac on October 30 and precisely 15 days later--the last day that the policy would allow it,

Reply #2

So here I sit replying on my trusty iPad. An iPad I bought after I dropped my first iPad and it hit a concrete airport ramp and broke beyond economic repair. If I was really unhappy with Apple I could have gone back to Android. I have had an iPad for
    almost 4 years, have no reason to leave.

My trusty iPhone SE2 is in my right pants pocket. I bought it despite some issues with the 6s that came before it and was traded in on the Apple program. Could have sold it and bought an Android. No reason to change it either, at least until the SE3
    comes out. If it has a fingerprint sensor and no notch it will be tempting!

A device that infinitely loops (small dig here) in boot mode after 2 weeks is simply unacceptable. I spent $3,300 for the computer, AppleCare+, Magic Keyboard and Mouse and a USB A to C dongle plus sales tax. $2,500 was the Mac. A Windows machine with
    similar specs can be had for about $500-1000 less on sale. For that premium I have high expectations. Very high expectations.

And, iPhone and iPad are a premium to Android. My experience says both are worth it.

If want to insist that I did this on purpose you need explain:

1. Exactly how I caused the Mac to get into a boot loop
    2. Why the Apple genius crew could not get it out of the loop
    3. Why I bought everything I needed to set up the Mac on my desktop hooked up to a monitor. Why not just buy the Mac, break it, and take it back for a refund?
    4. Why I have a $400 monitor bought for the Mac arriving Wednesday that I will have to pay to send back
    6. Why I’m typing this reply on an iPad with a Kensington keyboard/trackpad

As for my Mac OS issues posted here those were intended to provoke your rabid defense reflex. You are so much fun I can hardly take it. It has kept me coming back for years. Do you foam at the mouth?

Zzz

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Mon Nov 15 18:06:55 2021
    On 2021-11-15 5:38 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 2:48:23 PM UTC-5, Alan
    wrote:
    On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 8:01:28 AM UTC-5, Thomas
    E. wrote:
    enter Sleep mode. Then tried to start it up this
    morning. It's stuck in a boot loop. I tried a few

Proof:

how to fix it. I'm taking everything back in their boxes
    in case I need to return it all.

I'll update later.

everything they knew to try they could not tell me
    exactly what was wrong or how long it would take to fix
    or replace. That included trying to get Boot Mode to
    work.

I asked for and received a refund on the entire
    purchase. The rejected Sleep commands had happened
    several times over the last few days. That should have
    been a sign that something was wrong.
    Riiiiiight.

...but the idiot who bleats every problem he has with a
    piece of Apple equipment never mentioned them.

disappointing this experience has been. At least the
    Apple Store rep was very understanding and
    accommodating.

Next up, move my Carbonite subscription back to the HP
    and restore a Quicken data file. Then I may look for a
    new W11 laptop. There is also the issue with what to do
    with the new monitor ordered for the Mac...

Saturday I invested $400 in an upgraded UHD monitor just for
    the Macs hi-res display. It arrives Wednesday. Why would I do
    that if I intended to take it back today? Need any proof? I
    can supply that.
    Because such a monitor is useful whether or not you have a
    Mac, Idiot.

Did you even look at the video clip of the boot loop? It
    would not even boot to the boot drive list. See my 3:11 PM
    EST post for details.
    I assume all your videos and posts are lies since you lied
    about your flight logs, Idiot.

Oh, and you didn't disconnect whatever was connected via the
    USB-C connector on the left side...

solutions to his problems, you suddenly went silent rather than
    ask before returning the system.

instructor. I was too busy to count landings. There was no need
    to exaggerate landings. There is no minimum required for a
    license.
    You were always good with excuses, Liarboy Idiot (or is it "Idiot
    Liarboy"?)

I did not ask here because I never got any solutions. I figured
    the Mac Genius crew would have an actual answer. They did. It
    would not even boot to the recovery mode. It was hosed.
    Sorry, but your telling of the tale implies you were having the
    sleep problems before you could have formed that conclusion,
    Idiot.

What was connected to the USB port? 2 external drives, including
    Time Machine. That's all. It did the same thing at the Apple
    Store with nothing connected. I tried it that way too, with and
    without the charger connected, before I left for the store.

The Apple crew agreed it had serious issues. Get that through
    your idiotic head Liarboy.
    What I get is that you probably bought a unit as soon as they came
    out hoping that there would be a problem with an early unit so you
    could declare the whole thing a failure, knowing full well that
    Apple's return policy would let you do it.

Is it any surprise to anyone that you bought a Mac on October 30
    and precisely 15 days later--the last day that the policy would
    allow it, you returned it for a refund?

Reply #2

So here I sit replying on my trusty iPad. An iPad I bought after I
    dropped my first iPad and it hit a concrete airport ramp and broke
    beyond economic repair. If I was really unhappy with Apple I could
    have gone back to Android. I have had an iPad for almost 4 years,
    have no reason to leave.

My trusty iPhone SE2 is in my right pants pocket. I bought it despite
    some issues with the 6s that came before it and was traded in on the
    Apple program. Could have sold it and bought an Android. No reason to
    change it either, at least until the SE3 comes out. If it has a
    fingerprint sensor and no notch it will be tempting!

A device that infinitely loops (small dig here) in boot mode after 2
    weeks is simply unacceptable. I spent $3,300 for the computer,
    AppleCare+, Magic Keyboard and Mouse and a USB A to C dongle plus
    sales tax. $2,500 was the Mac. A Windows machine with similar specs
    can be had for about $500-1000 less on sale. For that premium I have
    high expectations. Very high expectations.

And, iPhone and iPad are a premium to Android. My experience says
    both are worth it.

If want to insist that I did this on purpose you need explain:

1. Exactly how I caused the Mac to get into a boot loop

Prove it was ever really in a boot loop.

2. Why the Apple genius crew could not get it out of the loop

Prove the Apple genius crew even tried.

3. Why I bought everything I needed to set up the Mac on my desktop
    hooked up to a monitor. Why not just buy the Mac, break it, and take
    it back for a refund?

A better story.
    4. Why I have a $400 monitor bought for the Mac arriving Wednesday
    that I will have to pay to send back

And you can use the monitor with any computer; any decent computer,
    which you could have been intending to buy all along.

6. Why I’m typing this reply on an iPad with a Kensington
    keyboard/trackpad

You've acknowledged that you have an iPad for your private pilot purposes.

As for my Mac OS issues posted here those were intended to provoke
    your rabid defense reflex. You are so much fun I can hardly take it.
    It has kept me coming back for years. Do you foam at the mouth?
    Sure. Whatever.

You post about a couple of trivial issues...

...but you don't post until later anything about what would be a serious
    issue.

That's logical... ...to an idiot.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Tue Nov 16 11:54:05 2021
    On 2021-11-15 3:16 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    wrote:
    E. wrote:

Proof:

how to fix it. I'm taking everything back in their boxes

I'll update later.

work.

Riiiiiight.

accommodating.

can supply that.
    Mac, Idiot.

EST post for details.

license.
    Liarboy"?)

Idiot.

As for the log entries, the person who signs it is responsible. The instructor signed of on those entries. As far as I know they are
    correct, but it was over 50 years ago. And, what incentive would he
    or I have to enter the wrong number of landings?

I thought it was 30 days grace. Never looked that until I pulled up a
    sales receipt to take to the store. Anyway, it was the APPLE staff
    that told me it was hosed. You actually think I'm smart enough to do
    that?

You're (barely) smart enough to construct the lie that that's what you
    were told, Idiot.

We have no proof you were told that; only your word.

And your word isn't good.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/how-bad-is-the-m1-macs-ssd-failure-problem/
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252925077

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/m1-macbook-pro-in-boot-loop.2306909/

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/m1-macbook-pro-not-booting.2277851/

All four of which you could have read about to construct your fable.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Wed Nov 17 17:31:00 2021
    On Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 2:54:09 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
    wrote:
    E. wrote:

Proof:

The Apple Store opens at 10. I hope they can show me what happened and >>>>>> how to fix it. I'm taking everything back in their boxes

I'll update later.

work.

Riiiiiight.

accommodating.

can supply that.
    Mac, Idiot.

EST post for details.

license.
    Liarboy"?)

Idiot.

As for the log entries, the person who signs it is responsible. The instructor signed of on those entries. As far as I know they are

I thought it was 30 days grace. Never looked that until I pulled up a sales receipt to take to the store. Anyway, it was the APPLE staff
    that?
    were told, Idiot.

So typical. If YOU don’t think it’s true you just call it a lie.

So how did I get that video clip of my Mac boot looping?

You are right about one thing, I’m not capable of making it do that. It was all the Mac’s issue.

I’m wondering if iPhone video clips have GPS location in the metadata??? Anybody know?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Wed Nov 17 17:36:49 2021
    On 2021-11-17 5:31 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    wrote:
    E. wrote:

Proof:

The Apple Store opens at 10. I hope they can show me what happened and >>>>>>>> how to fix it. I'm taking everything back in their boxes

I'll update later.

work.

Riiiiiight.

accommodating.

can supply that.
    Mac, Idiot.

EST post for details.

license.
    Liarboy"?)

Idiot.

As for the log entries, the person who signs it is responsible. The
    instructor signed of on those entries. As far as I know they are

I thought it was 30 days grace. Never looked that until I pulled up a
    sales receipt to take to the store. Anyway, it was the APPLE staff
    that?
    were told, Idiot.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/how-bad-is-the-m1-macs-ssd-failure-problem/ >>>> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252925077

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/m1-macbook-pro-in-boot-loop.2306909/ >>>

Don't know. Don't care.

You are right about one thing, I’m not capable of making it do that. It was all the Mac’s issue.

Where did I say that?

I don't even know it's your video clip.

I’m wondering if iPhone video clips have GPS location in the metadata??? Anybody know?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Thu Nov 18 06:47:32 2021
    On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 8:36:55 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
    wrote:
    E. wrote:

Proof:

The Apple Store opens at 10. I hope they can show me what happened and >>>>>>>> how to fix it. I'm taking everything back in their boxes

I'll update later.

work.

Riiiiiight.

accommodating.

the Macs hi-res display. It arrives Wednesday. Why would I do >>>>>>> that if I intended to take it back today? Need any proof? I
    can supply that.
    Mac, Idiot.

EST post for details.

solutions to his problems, you suddenly went silent rather than >>>>>> ask before returning the system.

license.
    Liarboy"?)

Idiot.

I thought it was 30 days grace. Never looked that until I pulled up a >>> sales receipt to take to the store. Anyway, it was the APPLE staff
    that?
    were told, Idiot.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/m1-macbook-pro-not-booting.2277851/ >> All four of which you could have read about to construct your fable.

Don't know. Don't care.

Where did I say that?

It's mine, right here on my iPhone. Below is a link to a photo I just took of my desk without the Mac. Note the corner of my HP laptop on the left, now open and plugged into monitor and USB hub. Note the tangle of USB cables and the corner of my monitor
    on the right. I cleaned those cables up a little this week. Just to the left of the monitor you can just see the very bottom left corner of the frame of the large world map hanging on the wall behind the monitor. Look on the video and you can just see
    the two arms of my desk light above the Mac monitor. See that in the picture too???

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1br2dIISsLDNepdNdUuY8Xf9u_qf8_HuP/view?usp=sharing

Now explain where I got that picture Liarboy. It's my desk where the Mac was when I made the video. Who's the reliable person on CSMA? It's not you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Thu Nov 18 08:12:54 2021
    worked.

Proof:

how to fix it. I'm taking everything back in their boxes in case I need >> to return it all.

I'll update later.

they knew to try they could not tell me exactly what was wrong or how >>> long it would take to fix or replace. That included trying to get
    Boot Mode to work.

Riiiiiight.

Mac...

supply that.

flight logs, Idiot.

returning the system.

A couple of points.

That support article you cite refers to Intel Macs. It even says at the top "This article applies only to Mac computers with an Intel processor." Those key combinations don't work on the M1 version. I know. I found those and tried all. Apparently you don'
    t seem to know that the M1 Mac has important differences from prior versions. Or you are lying again.

I did not ask CSMA because I then found an article on the M1 that showed my symptoms and said it had to go in for repair.

The M1 boot loop was demonstrated to Apple Store personnel on battery with nothing connected. That USB connection was to my hub connected only to 2 hard drives. It had nothing to do with the problem. The Mac could not even find the boot disk.

You stated that my video was a lie. I have shown in another post that it was made at me desk.

I did not lie in my flight logs. If they were in error it was the flight instructor's fault for his entries. He entered and signed those touch and go flights. We can't ask him. Grant died several years ago. He was a great teacher. 54 years and 3,600
    hours later with no accidents or incidents I'm still flying. You cannot in any way demonstrate that those entries are not correct.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Thu Nov 18 08:17:06 2021
    wrote:
    E. wrote:

Proof:

I'll update later.

work.

Riiiiiight.

accommodating.

the Macs hi-res display. It arrives Wednesday. Why would I do >>>>>>> that if I intended to take it back today? Need any proof? I
    can supply that.
    Mac, Idiot.

EST post for details.

solutions to his problems, you suddenly went silent rather than >>>>>> ask before returning the system.

license.
    Liarboy"?)

Idiot.

I thought it was 30 days grace. Never looked that until I pulled up a >>> sales receipt to take to the store. Anyway, it was the APPLE staff
    that?
    were told, Idiot.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/m1-macbook-pro-not-booting.2277851/ >> All four of which you could have read about to construct your fable.

Don't know. Don't care.

Where did I say that?

I asked a simple question, the answer is yes or no, do you think I'm savvy enough to make a M1 Mac boot loop.

Instead of an answer you dodged the question. You did that because you cannot answer it yes or no. If yes you turn me into some kind of computer super-guru which I'm not. If you answer no then you admit I'm right and it was the M1 that was boot looping
    on its own.

So which is it, yes or no?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Thu Nov 18 08:54:33 2021
    On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 11:17:08 AM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:

I asked a simple question, the answer is yes or no, do you think I'm
    savvy enough to make a M1 Mac boot loop.

Instead of an answer you dodged the question. You did that because
    you cannot answer it yes or no. If yes you turn me into some kind of computer super-guru which I'm not. If you answer no then you admit
    I'm right and it was the M1 that was boot looping on its own.

Neither, for you've created a false dichotomy.

Alan's point of "don't even know if its your video..." is noting that
    other possibilities are that you found a video clip on the web of
    the phenomena to imply or claim as your machine, or starting
    with the same and doing some editing on it, etc.

Frankly, my assumption is that you just had a first generation
    device hardware failure & were very aggressive on bailing on it.

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Thu Nov 18 10:07:00 2021
    On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 11:12:56 AM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:
    On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 8:01:28 AM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote: >>>> I shut the Mac down last evening because it refused to enter Sleep >>>> mode. Then tried to start it up this morning. It's stuck in a boot >>>> loop. I tried a few solutions found in a web search, nothing
    worked.

Proof:

The Apple Store opens at 10. I hope they can show me what happened and >> how to fix it. I'm taking everything back in their boxes in case I need >> to return it all.

I'll update later.

Update. I spent an hour in the Apple Store. After trying everything >>> they knew to try they could not tell me exactly what was wrong or how >>> long it would take to fix or replace. That included trying to get
    Boot Mode to work.

rejected Sleep commands had happened several times over the last few >>> days. That should have been a sign that something was wrong.
    Riiiiiight.

...but the idiot who bleats every problem he has with a piece of Apple >> equipment never mentioned them.

I'm no longer a Mac owner. You cannot believe how disappointing this >>> experience has been. At least the Apple Store rep was very

Next up, move my Carbonite subscription back to the HP and restore a >>> Quicken data file. Then I may look for a new W11 laptop. There is
    also the issue with what to do with the new monitor ordered for the >>> Mac...

supply that.

I assume all your videos and posts are lies since you lied about your flight logs, Idiot.

Oh, and you didn't disconnect whatever was connected via the USB-C connector on the left side...

returning the system.

A couple of points.

That support article you cite refers to Intel Macs. It even says at the top "This article applies only to Mac computers with an Intel processor." Those key combinations don't work on the M1 version. I know. I found those and tried all. Apparently you
    don't seem to know that the M1 Mac has important differences from prior versions. Or you are lying again.

I did not ask CSMA because I then found an article on the M1 that showed my symptoms and said it had to go in for repair.

The M1 boot loop was demonstrated to Apple Store personnel on battery with nothing connected. That USB connection was to my hub connected only to 2 hard drives. It had nothing to do with the problem. The Mac could not even find the boot disk.

You stated that my video was a lie. I have shown in another post that it was made at me desk.

I did not lie in my flight logs. If they were in error it was the flight instructor's fault for his entries. He entered and signed those touch and go flights. We can't ask him. Grant died several years ago. He was a great teacher. 54 years and 3,600
    hours later with no accidents or incidents I'm still flying. You cannot in any way demonstrate that those entries are not correct.

Just in case you question my flight instructor's credentials here is his obituary:

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/commercialappeal/name/grant-bales-obituary?id=9495967

He was instructing in Jackson TN when I was a student then moved to Memphis for a job change or promotion, not sure which. That was a sad day for me. I had to finish up with a different instructor.

Note that he was a FAA Wright Brothers award recipient. Not some fly-by-night CFI looking for enough hours to get an airline job. Grant was a professional and very good at his craft.

https://www.faasafety.gov/content/MasterPilot/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to -hh on Thu Nov 18 10:22:46 2021
    On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 11:54:34 AM UTC-5, -hh wrote:

I asked a simple question, the answer is yes or no, do you think I'm
    savvy enough to make a M1 Mac boot loop.

you cannot answer it yes or no. If yes you turn me into some kind of computer super-guru which I'm not. If you answer no then you admit

-hh

Pretty much sums it up. More than anything else it was that Apple promotes its products as vastly superior to the competition. To have a failure like that is just unacceptable. It really triggered anger at a deep level.

As for Alan, what are the odds that I could have found exactly the same thing on a video of 16" M1 Mac Pro that had been on the market only a few weeks? I'm still looking around for a new machine. The Mac was pretty impressive and spoiled me for
    something more recent than my 4 year old HP Envy. Then too is the whole W11 thing. With the Mac and my current HP there is no clear path forward. I will need Windows apps that are not available on the Mac for some time to come.

I loved the Mac UHD hi-res screen, the trackpad was the best I have ever seen, great keyboard feel for both the Mac and the Magic, and the build quality was otherwise just outstanding. But if it will not start up it's a bit big and expensive for a
    paperweight.

I'm sure that if I replace the Mac with another Windows machine Alan will scream LIARBOY from the CSMA rooftops.

I would love to have dinner with you if you are ever in the area. Paula and I want to go to Maine next year, and maybe Canada if we can. So, we may be headed east.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Thu Nov 18 12:23:52 2021
    On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 1:22:48 PM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:

I asked a simple question, the answer is yes or no, do you think I'm savvy enough to make a M1 Mac boot loop.

Pretty much sums it up. More than anything else it was that Apple
    promotes its products as vastly superior to the competition.

And it is so vastly superior that the retail inventory is sold out.

To have a failure like that is just unacceptable. It really triggered anger at a deep level.

Except that you know that the only reason it wasn't replaced on the spot
    was because its in high demand (which IIRC you knew), so that was a
    risk that you had chosen to take going in.

As for Alan, what are the odds that I could have found exactly the same
    thing on a video of 16" M1 Mac Pro that had been on the market only a
    few weeks?

If the problem is allegedly widespreadly known already, pretty good.

I'm still looking around for a new machine. The Mac was pretty
    impressive and spoiled me for something more recent than my 4 year
    old HP Envy. Then too is the whole W11 thing. With the Mac and my
    current HP there is no clear path forward.

Except for having accepted a replacement, on IIRC just a ~2 week delay.

I loved the Mac UHD hi-res screen, the trackpad was the best I have
    ever seen, great keyboard feel for both the Mac and the Magic, and
    the build quality was otherwise just outstanding. But if it will not start
    up it's a bit big and expensive for a paperweight.

Yeah, one gets spoiled. But as paperweights go, its not all that bad;
    wait until you move up a notch or two from Honda for your cars before
    you complain about how much nice things cost! <g>

I'm sure that if I replace the Mac with another Windows machine
    Alan will scream LIARBOY from the CSMA rooftops.

No real need to; as per the above, you already know that you'll be
    compromising for second best.

I would love to have dinner with you if you are ever in the area.
    Paula and I want to go to Maine next year, and maybe Canada if
    we can. So, we may be headed east.

Let me know; I think there were some notional thoughts for the solar
    eclipse that's going to be out your way too, in April 2024.

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Thu Nov 18 18:52:20 2021
    On 2021-11-18 10:07 a.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 8:01:28 AM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote: >>>>>>> I shut the Mac down last evening because it refused to enter Sleep >>>>>>> mode. Then tried to start it up this morning. It's stuck in a boot >>>>>>> loop. I tried a few solutions found in a web search, nothing
    worked.

Proof:

The Apple Store opens at 10. I hope they can show me what happened and >>>>> how to fix it. I'm taking everything back in their boxes in case I need >>>>> to return it all.

I'll update later.

Update. I spent an hour in the Apple Store. After trying everything >>>>>> they knew to try they could not tell me exactly what was wrong or how >>>>>> long it would take to fix or replace. That included trying to get
    Boot Mode to work.

rejected Sleep commands had happened several times over the last few >>>>>> days. That should have been a sign that something was wrong.
    Riiiiiight.

...but the idiot who bleats every problem he has with a piece of Apple >>>>> equipment never mentioned them.

I'm no longer a Mac owner. You cannot believe how disappointing this >>>>>> experience has been. At least the Apple Store rep was very

Next up, move my Carbonite subscription back to the HP and restore a >>>>>> Quicken data file. Then I may look for a new W11 laptop. There is
    also the issue with what to do with the new monitor ordered for the >>>>>> Mac...

supply that.

flight logs, Idiot.

returning the system.

A couple of points.

That support article you cite refers to Intel Macs. It even says at the top "This article applies only to Mac computers with an Intel processor." Those key combinations don't work on the M1 version. I know. I found those and tried all. Apparently you
    don't seem to know that the M1 Mac has important differences from prior versions. Or you are lying again.

Just in case you question my flight instructor's credentials here is his obituary:

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/commercialappeal/name/grant-bales-obituary?id=9495967

He was instructing in Jackson TN when I was a student then moved to Memphis for a job change or promotion, not sure which. That was a sad day for me. I had to finish up with a different instructor.

Note that he was a FAA Wright Brothers award recipient. Not some fly-by-night CFI looking for enough hours to get an airline job. Grant was a professional and very good at his craft.

I don't give a good god damn who he was.

You posted false information and you always have an excuse for why doing
    so isn't your fault.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Thu Nov 18 18:54:02 2021
    On 2021-11-18 10:22 a.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 11:17:08 AM UTC-5, Thomas E.
    wrote:

I asked a simple question, the answer is yes or no, do you think
    I'm savvy enough to make a M1 Mac boot loop.

Instead of an answer you dodged the question. You did that
    because you cannot answer it yes or no. If yes you turn me into
    some kind of computer super-guru which I'm not. If you answer no
    then you admit I'm right and it was the M1 that was boot looping
    on its own.

Alan's point of "don't even know if its your video..." is noting
    that other possibilities are that you found a video clip on the web
    of the phenomena to imply or claim as your machine, or starting

-hh

promotes its products as vastly superior to the competition. To have
    a failure like that is just unacceptable. It really triggered anger
    at a deep level.

You think other companies don't have failures OOTB, Idiot?

Do you have any data that Apple has any more than any other company?

As for Alan, what are the odds that I could have found exactly the
    same thing on a video of 16" M1 Mac Pro that had been on the market
    only a few weeks? I'm still looking around for a new machine. The Mac
    was pretty impressive and spoiled me for something more recent than
    my 4 year old HP Envy. Then too is the whole W11 thing. With the Mac
    and my current HP there is no clear path forward. I will need Windows
    apps that are not available on the Mac for some time to come.

the build quality was otherwise just outstanding. But if it will not
    start up it's a bit big and expensive for a paperweight.

And if it weren't so hugely in demand, replacing a DOA machine would
    have been simple and quick.

I'm sure that if I replace the Mac with another Windows machine Alan
    will scream LIARBOY from the CSMA rooftops.

Nope. I'm calling you Idiot, now.

:-)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From STALKING_TARGET_73@21:1/5 to Alan on Sat Nov 20 10:16:10 2021
    On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 7:54:04 PM UTC-7, Alan wrote:
    On 2021-11-18 10:22 a.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 11:17:08 AM UTC-5, Thomas E.
    wrote:

I asked a simple question, the answer is yes or no, do you think
    I'm savvy enough to make a M1 Mac boot loop.

Instead of an answer you dodged the question. You did that
    because you cannot answer it yes or no. If yes you turn me into
    some kind of computer super-guru which I'm not. If you answer no
    then you admit I'm right and it was the M1 that was boot looping
    on its own.

Alan's point of "don't even know if its your video..." is noting
    that other possibilities are that you found a video clip on the web
    of the phenomena to imply or claim as your machine, or starting

-hh

promotes its products as vastly superior to the competition. To have
    a failure like that is just unacceptable. It really triggered anger
    at a deep level.
    You think other companies don't have failures OOTB, Idiot?

Do you have any data that Apple has any more than any other company?

As for Alan, what are the odds that I could have found exactly the
    same thing on a video of 16" M1 Mac Pro that had been on the market
    only a few weeks? I'm still looking around for a new machine. The Mac
    was pretty impressive and spoiled me for something more recent than
    my 4 year old HP Envy. Then too is the whole W11 thing. With the Mac
    and my current HP there is no clear path forward. I will need Windows
    apps that are not available on the Mac for some time to come.

the build quality was otherwise just outstanding. But if it will not
    start up it's a bit big and expensive for a paperweight.
    And if it weren't so hugely in demand, replacing a DOA machine would
    have been simple and quick.

I'm sure that if I replace the Mac with another Windows machine Alan
    will scream LIARBOY from the CSMA rooftops.
    Nope. I'm calling you Idiot, now.

:-)

Pro tip: You can't go into a social event, chug all the sauce, bang all
    the men, rob the nicknacks and vomit in the privy without being told
    to leave.

Vallor shows that all of them are not automated because some of them
    are keyed in to posts that occur in very specific ways which proves they
    are a response. Meaning someone is hand writing many of these. It was
    Vallor who was openly asking how better to obscure his trolling. It's
    a front page hog. Vallor has already decided what he is going to say
    before he calls. What you say doesn't matter. What Michael Snit Glasser
    says just a reaction.

Amusingly, Vallor essentially asked Michael Snit Glasser for the doxing
    files about him. Michael Snit Glasser must have read Vallor signature
    lines and became wildly butt hurt. I suspect this is our first manifestation
    of the improved Michael Snit Glasser.

--
    Curious how these posts are made? www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZNxaaKD7-
    c

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From STALKING_TARGET_73@21:1/5 to Alan on Sat Nov 20 11:04:13 2021
    On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 7:52:24 PM UTC-7, Alan wrote:
    On 2021-11-18 10:07 a.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 8:01:28 AM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote: >>>>>>> I shut the Mac down last evening because it refused to enter Sleep >>>>>>> mode. Then tried to start it up this morning. It's stuck in a boot >>>>>>> loop. I tried a few solutions found in a web search, nothing
    worked.

Proof:

The Apple Store opens at 10. I hope they can show me what happened and >>>>> how to fix it. I'm taking everything back in their boxes in case I need
    to return it all.

I'll update later.

Update. I spent an hour in the Apple Store. After trying everything >>>>>> they knew to try they could not tell me exactly what was wrong or how >>>>>> long it would take to fix or replace. That included trying to get >>>>>> Boot Mode to work.

rejected Sleep commands had happened several times over the last few >>>>>> days. That should have been a sign that something was wrong.
    Riiiiiight.

...but the idiot who bleats every problem he has with a piece of Apple >>>>> equipment never mentioned them.

I'm no longer a Mac owner. You cannot believe how disappointing this >>>>>> experience has been. At least the Apple Store rep was very

Next up, move my Carbonite subscription back to the HP and restore a >>>>>> Quicken data file. Then I may look for a new W11 laptop. There is >>>>>> also the issue with what to do with the new monitor ordered for the >>>>>> Mac...

supply that.
    Because such a monitor is useful whether or not you have a Mac, Idiot. >>>>
    I assume all your videos and posts are lies since you lied about your >>> flight logs, Idiot.

...and strangely for the guy who was asking everyone here for solutions >>> to his problems, you suddenly went silent rather than ask before
    returning the system.

A couple of points.

That support article you cite refers to Intel Macs. It even says at the top "This article applies only to Mac computers with an Intel processor." Those key combinations don't work on the M1 version. I know. I found those and tried all. Apparently
    you don't seem to know that the M1 Mac has important differences from prior versions. Or you are lying again.

I don't give a good god damn who he was.

You posted false information and you always have an excuse for why doing
    so isn't your fault.

We're all sorry Larry Washington's a paranoid, narcissistic, delusional
    liar but that's not gonna change anything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Why do you keep repeating
    -hh? Fool! Until Larry Washington offers up his 'preferable' Windows application
    for review, there is no competition, just irrational contentions.

Steven "Narcissistic Bigot" Petruzzellis.

Search for 'functionally illiterate fraud' and Dustin Cook pops up: <https://www.bing.com/search?q=Dustin+Cook+the+functionally+illiterate+fraud>.
    I still persist in being unconvinced that these flooding posts are killing this group, no matter how hard Larry Washington tries.

--
    Top Six Ways Larry Washington Trolls! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NmOycD4yKU https://winthropmemorials.org/veterans/eightnames/files/Eight-Names-Winthrops- VietnamVeterans-Pinzur.pdf https://www.google.com/search?q=Steve+Petruzzellis%3A+narcissistic+bigot
    Dustin Cook is a functionally illiterate fraud

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05