• More progress, Parallels 17

From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to All on Mon Nov 1 10:19:38 2021
    Wow, just wow. Parallels turns Windows apps into Dock icons you can switch to with Command-Tab. That is a new level of cool. So far I have installed Quicken in Windows and still have a few more apps to go. Heck, if I wanted too I could clone my HP
    experience.

Except, I am running Windows 11 now. That is very interesting, in a good way.

More later.

Ta-Da

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Mon Nov 1 10:48:04 2021
    On 11/1/21 10:19 AM, Thomas E. wrote:
    Wow, just wow. Parallels turns Windows apps into Dock icons you can switch to with Command-Tab. That is a new level of cool. So far I have installed Quicken in Windows and still have a few more apps to go. Heck, if I wanted too I could clone my HP
    experience.

More later.

Ta-Da

You can also add several versions of Linux with the easy to use
    installation wizard. Think I have 5 total OSs installed on it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to All on Mon Nov 1 11:05:14 2021
    On 2021-11-01 11:03 a.m., ed wrote:
    On Monday, November 1, 2021 at 1:19:40 PM UTC-4, Thomas E. wrote:
    Wow, just wow. Parallels turns Windows apps into Dock icons you can switch to with Command-Tab. That is a new level of cool.

I'm pretty sure that's been the case for over a decade.

It's never amazing to read Liarboy's amazement at stuff that's been
    around forever.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ed@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Mon Nov 1 11:03:00 2021
    Wow, just wow. Parallels turns Windows apps into Dock icons you can switch to with Command-Tab. That is a new level of cool.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Mon Nov 1 12:57:50 2021
    On Monday, November 1, 2021 at 2:05:16 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:

around forever.

Well, Windows did such a great job for me forever I never had a reason to even look seriously elsewhere. Apple silicon innovation and adding back all the functionality they jerked away over the last years tipped the scales. Basically Apple addressed my
    criticisms except for the lack of a number keypad on the Mac. There is plenty of room for one on the 16" model.

There was only one table with the new Macs at our Apple Store. It was hard to get to both times I was there. During previous visits the crowded tables were all about iPhones.

In the 30 minutes I was there both times this past week multiple customers walked out with them. It's not just me. The Mac Pro line is going to be a big hit.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Mon Nov 1 16:59:28 2021
    experience.

More later.

Ta-Da

One more thing, the fingerprint sensor on the Apple keyboards log into Mac OS.

Did I mention that this computer is really quick?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Tue Nov 2 10:15:31 2021
    On Monday, November 1, 2021 at 2:05:16 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:

around forever.

One thing not around forever is Windows 11 for ARM. That is, the preview version, is loaded on my Mac. Because it is not released yet you cannot activate, so features are not working. Here is hoping that Microsoft moves on to a released version that you
    can buy, and the M1 Pro processor meets specs. Otherwise I am stuck with Windows 10 when the beta ends and cannot upgrade to a released version. Same issue as the HP Envy the Mac replaces. That would REALLY suck big time. If Microsoft does not make a M1
    compatible W11 they are going to be missing out.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05