• Re: CarPlay, again

From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Wed Jan 5 18:04:15 2022
    On 2022-01-05 5:41 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    More on CarPlay issues with my 2019 Honda Insight. I think it's been solved.

Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an almost new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has wired CarPlay. CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after two days the connection was lost. I had to
    delete the phone from the system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless. Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system disconnects.

Also, I recently traded the Insight for a 2022 Accord Touring, Hybrid edition. It has wireless charging and CarPlay. No issues in the first 2 weeks.

The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time I drove it. On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at least one total disconnect.

So, I am led to conclude that there was something amiss between my iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is not present in the Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB connection somewhere, and the Transit
    experience strongly indicates it was on the vehicle side.

The thing you repeatedly told us wasn't true when you insisted that it
    was Apple's CarPlay technology that was to blame.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jan 5 17:41:09 2022

Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an almost new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has wired CarPlay. CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after two days the connection was lost. I had to
    delete the phone from the system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless. Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system disconnects.

Also, I recently traded the Insight for a 2022 Accord Touring, Hybrid edition. It has wireless charging and CarPlay. No issues in the first 2 weeks.

The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time I drove it. On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at least one total disconnect.

So, I am led to conclude that there was something amiss between my iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is not present in the Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB connection somewhere, and the Transit

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Wed Jan 5 18:43:09 2022
    On 1/5/2022 5:41 PM, Thomas E. wrote:

Always make sure your car has the up to date firmware/software for its entertainment system. Yes many car manufacturers do update.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Thu Jan 6 04:54:43 2022
    On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 8:41:11 PM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:

Oh, so you went back to Android? /s

Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an almost
    new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has wired CarPlay.
    CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after
    two days the connection was lost. I had to delete the phone from the
    system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless. Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system disconnects.

I've had occasional glitches where the easiest solution is to delete &
    set back up as new ... maybe once every ~2 years. Think once or
    twice it was shortly after a dealership service, so there probably was
    a silent entertainment system upgrade going on.

That was quick. Guessing you got a decent trade-in price for the 2019
    Insight due to the used car supply/demand pinch...although IIRC that
    would have also been knocked down some by that traffic circle fender-bender.

We've been kind of debating if to similarly do a quick vehicle flip because
    of said market conditions, as our newest is coming up on 2 years old and
    still has less than 3K miles on it thanks to CoVid-centric vast reductions in driving, so presumably it would garner a good price...but probably not good enough considering its very low mileage.

The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time I drove it.
    On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at least one total disconnect.

So, I am led to conclude that there was something amiss between my
    iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is not present in the
    Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB connection somewhere, and the Transit experience strongly indicates
    it was on the vehicle side.

Yup, which is the same conclusion that the rest of us came to months ago.

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to -hh on Thu Jan 6 14:24:30 2022
    On 2022-01-06 4:54 a.m., -hh wrote:

system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless.
    Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system
    disconnects.

Also, I recently traded the Insight for a 2022 Accord Touring, Hybrid
    edition. It has wireless charging and CarPlay. No issues in the first 2 weeks.

That was quick. Guessing you got a decent trade-in price for the 2019 Insight due to the used car supply/demand pinch...although IIRC that

We've been kind of debating if to similarly do a quick vehicle flip because of said market conditions, as our newest is coming up on 2 years old and still has less than 3K miles on it thanks to CoVid-centric vast reductions in driving, so presumably it would garner a good price...but probably not good enough considering its very low mileage.

Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB
    connection somewhere, and the Transit experience strongly indicates

-hh

Precisely. Who am I quoting here:

'CarPlay issues should have been discovered. It’s a key iOS feature.

HOW could Apple have missed the iPhone 13/iOS/CarPlay problems.'

<https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/c/1e-mef9AORw/m/w4Jo4Ai0AgAJ>

'So, guess what Allan [sic] B?

Car Play 15.0.2 has the following fix, and I quote:

CarPlay may fail to open audio apps or disconnect during playback (iOS only)

Alan, unfortunately 15.0.2 did not fix my CarPlay audio stoppage issue.'

<https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/c/cXUYY6E_1lg/m/32-uvMofAQAJ>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From HHI@21:1/5 to -hh on Fri Jan 7 15:31:49 2022
    On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 5:54:44 AM UTC-7, -hh wrote:

new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has wired CarPlay. CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after
    system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless. Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system disconnects.

We've been kind of debating if to similarly do a quick vehicle flip because of said market conditions, as our newest is coming up on 2 years old and still has less than 3K miles on it thanks to CoVid-centric vast reductions in driving, so presumably it would garner a good price...but probably not good enough considering its very low mileage.

iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is not present in the Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB connection somewhere, and the Transit experience strongly indicates

-hh

The clam engine had a false positive hit, and the CLI clamXav reported
    what the engine which is not created by the same fools or company reported
    it. But when the charts were produced, it turns out beyond any doubt,
    Snot 'The Flooder' Snit was far more "obsessive" than Carroll.

Gee, imagine Snot 'The Flooder' Snit trying to pin his rubbish on me,
    no one has ever seen that before <eyeroll>. The guy is as well liked as
    a rattle snake in a lucky dip -- and with good reason. It's a poorly written flyer. Snot 'The Flooder' Snit has already decided what he is going to
    say before he calls. What you say is ignored. What Carroll says is beside
    the point.

--
    Eight things to never feed your cat https://swisscows.com/web?query=Dustin%20Cook%20%22functionally%20illiterate%20fraud%22
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhOfBmWwCVY
    Dustin Cook is a functionally illiterate fraud

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to HHI on Fri Jan 7 15:55:55 2022
    On 2022-01-07 3:31 p.m., HHI wrote:
    On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 5:54:44 AM UTC-7, -hh wrote:

system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless.
    Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system
    disconnects.

would have also been knocked down some by that traffic circle fender-bender. >>
    We've been kind of debating if to similarly do a quick vehicle flip because >> of said market conditions, as our newest is coming up on 2 years old and
    still has less than 3K miles on it thanks to CoVid-centric vast reductions in
    driving, so presumably it would garner a good price...but probably not good >> enough considering its very low mileage.

The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time I drove it. >>> On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at least one total disconnect.

Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB
    connection somewhere, and the Transit experience strongly indicates

-hh

The clam engine had a false positive hit
    Go away, Snit

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Sat Jan 8 13:13:55 2022
    On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 9:04:17 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:

Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an almost new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has wired CarPlay. CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after two days the connection was lost. I had
    to delete the phone from the system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless. Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system disconnects.

I said that the CarPlay system (that includes both Honda and Apple) was problematic. I still think that is true.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to -hh on Sat Jan 8 13:12:22 2022
    On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 7:54:44 AM UTC-5, -hh wrote:

new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has wired CarPlay. CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after
    two days the connection was lost. I had to delete the phone from the system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless. Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system disconnects.

That was quick. Guessing you got a decent trade-in price for the 2019 Insight due to the used car supply/demand pinch...although IIRC that

We've been kind of debating if to similarly do a quick vehicle flip because of said market conditions, as our newest is coming up on 2 years old and still has less than 3K miles on it thanks to CoVid-centric vast reductions in
    driving, so presumably it would garner a good price...but probably not good enough considering its very low mileage.

iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is not present in the Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB connection somewhere, and the Transit experience strongly indicates

-hh

You are correct about the trade value but wrong about the accident. The traffic circle incident was the CRV. The Insight was the t-bone, a $16,000 repair. I was very happy to take a $22.5k trade value for it given that it was $29k MSRP new and had 40,000
    miles on it plus damage history. Some similar are priced at $27k on the used market and that's what the dealer is actually asking for mine. Not likely to get that though.

Link: https://www.indyhonda.com/used/Honda/2019-Honda-Insight-140ffb280a0e09a9358a179108ce7689.htm

It was an interesting trade process. I wanted the Touring version in red. My usual dealer told me that I would have to order that Accord hybrid in red to get it in February. I was also informed that there was a significant price increase coming. The
    sales department actually claimed that there were none for sale at all in the local area even though they might be listed online in new car inventory. So, I look at the local inventory, and found a red Accord Touring 20 miles away in Greenwood. Called
    the dealer and yes, it was for sale. I paid MSRP for it, not a penny more. I just had a feeling about what the salesperson told me.

About 6 months ago the Blue Book trade value on my car was under $20k!

As for CarPlay the cause was always uncertain because of the multitude of failure points and limited ability on my part to eliminate possibilities. The recent Transit and Accord experiences helped narrow it down considerably.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Sat Jan 8 14:02:15 2022
    On 2022-01-08 1:12 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 8:41:11 PM UTC-5, Thomas E.
    wrote:
    More on CarPlay issues with my 2019 Honda Insight. I think it's
    been solved.

Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an
    almost new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has
    wired CarPlay. CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my
    iPhone SE2, but after two days the connection was lost. I had to
    delete the phone from the system and set it up again. But, other
    than that, it has been flawless. Unlike the Insight no dropped
    audio or un-commanded CarPlay system disconnects.
    I've had occasional glitches where the easiest solution is to
    delete & set back up as new ... maybe once every ~2 years. Think
    once or twice it was shortly after a dealership service, so there
    probably was a silent entertainment system upgrade going on.

Also, I recently traded the Insight for a 2022 Accord Touring,
    Hybrid edition. It has wireless charging and CarPlay. No issues
    in the first 2 weeks.
    That was quick. Guessing you got a decent trade-in price for the
    2019 Insight due to the used car supply/demand pinch...although
    IIRC that would have also been knocked down some by that traffic
    circle fender-bender.

We've been kind of debating if to similarly do a quick vehicle flip
    because of said market conditions, as our newest is coming up on 2
    years old and still has less than 3K miles on it thanks to
    CoVid-centric vast reductions in driving, so presumably it would
    garner a good price...but probably not good enough considering its
    very low mileage.

The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time I
    drove it. On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at least
    one total disconnect.

So, I am led to conclude that there was something amiss between
    my iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is not present
    in the Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the
    Insight's USB connection somewhere, and the Transit experience
    strongly indicates it was on the vehicle side.
    Yup, which is the same conclusion that the rest of us came to
    months ago.

-hh

You are correct about the trade value but wrong about the accident.
    The traffic circle incident was the CRV. The Insight was the t-bone,
    a $16,000 repair. I was very happy to take a $22.5k trade value for
    it given that it was $29k MSRP new and had 40,000 miles on it plus
    damage history. Some similar are priced at $27k on the used market
    and that's what the dealer is actually asking for mine. Not likely to
    get that though.

Link: https://www.indyhonda.com/used/Honda/2019-Honda-Insight-140ffb280a0e09a9358a179108ce7689.htm

It was an interesting trade process. I wanted the Touring version in
    red. My usual dealer told me that I would have to order that Accord
    hybrid in red to get it in February. I was also informed that there
    was a significant price increase coming. The sales department
    actually claimed that there were none for sale at all in the local
    area even though they might be listed online in new car inventory.
    So, I look at the local inventory, and found a red Accord Touring 20
    miles away in Greenwood. Called the dealer and yes, it was for sale.
    I paid MSRP for it, not a penny more. I just had a feeling about what
    the salesperson told me.

About 6 months ago the Blue Book trade value on my car was under
    $20k!

As for CarPlay the cause was always uncertain because of the
    multitude of failure points and limited ability on my part to
    eliminate possibilities. The recent Transit and Accord experiences
    helped narrow it down considerably.

And yet you repeatedly blamed Apple.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to John on Sat Jan 8 13:15:28 2022
    On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 9:43:15 PM UTC-5, John wrote:
    On 1/5/2022 5:41 PM, Thomas E. wrote:

Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an almost new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has wired CarPlay. CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after two days the connection was lost. I had
    to delete the phone from the system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless. Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system disconnects.

Always make sure your car has the up to date firmware/software for its entertainment system. Yes many car manufacturers do update.

It was updated, and very recently. Both Apple and Honda have issued updates over the last 6 months. Nothing improved, in fact the issues became a little worse.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Sat Jan 8 13:18:29 2022
    On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 5:24:33 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:

system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless. >> Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system
    disconnects.

of said market conditions, as our newest is coming up on 2 years old and still has less than 3K miles on it thanks to CoVid-centric vast reductions in
    driving, so presumably it would garner a good price...but probably not good
    enough considering its very low mileage.

The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time I drove it. >> On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at least one total disconnect.

Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB >> connection somewhere, and the Transit experience strongly indicates

-hh

<https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/c/1e-mef9AORw/m/w4Jo4Ai0AgAJ>

<https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/c/cXUYY6E_1lg/m/32-uvMofAQAJ>

Except the last, the cited quotes refer to widespread iOS/CarPlay issues, not just my car. Liar, Liar, pants on fire....

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Sat Jan 8 14:03:21 2022
    On 2022-01-08 1:18 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:

CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after >>>> two days the connection was lost. I had to delete the phone from the
    system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless. >>>> Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system
    disconnects.

We've been kind of debating if to similarly do a quick vehicle flip because >>> of said market conditions, as our newest is coming up on 2 years old and >>> still has less than 3K miles on it thanks to CoVid-centric vast reductions in
    driving, so presumably it would garner a good price...but probably not good >>> enough considering its very low mileage.

The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time I drove it. >>>> On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at least one total disconnect.

Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB >>>> connection somewhere, and the Transit experience strongly indicates

Yup, which is the same conclusion that the rest of us came to months ago. >>>

-hh

CarPlay may fail to open audio apps or disconnect during playback (iOS only) >>

Except the last, the cited quotes refer to widespread iOS/CarPlay issues, not just my car. Liar, Liar, pants on fire....

Except you presented them as proof that the problem was Apple.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Sat Jan 8 17:47:37 2022
    On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 5:02:17 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
    wrote:
    been solved.

in the first 2 weeks.
    circle fender-bender.

very low mileage.

one total disconnect.

months ago.

-hh

get that though.

the salesperson told me.

$20k!

Not true Liarboy

A quote from a discussion I started:

"The Insight's Car Play system continues to be problematic. That despite an over-the-air Honda software update that arrived last week and several recent iOS updates. I had a chance to drive my sister's Accord last week while we were in Asheville with her
    and my brother-in-law. It has similar Car Play issues. The wife's CRV with it's Pioneer replacement radio has a few minor issues, but different from the OEM system. The Insight is still having a few random system disconnects dropped audio on Pandora and
    IHeartRadio. So, bottom line, Honda has issues."

What does the last sentence say?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Sat Jan 8 17:57:54 2022
    On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 5:02:51 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
    On 2022-01-08 1:13 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:

I said that the CarPlay system (that includes both Honda and Apple) was problematic. I still think that is true.
    No.

You said the problem was with Apple's software.

So here I blame iOS 14 and Apple, but was far from the only one with issues. But I also mention that a 14.1 update improved the problem.

"Car Play was hosed. The Honda entertainment system either rebooted or froze up at random about every 30 minutes. Google Maps on Car Play would freeze after a few minutes. Pandora on Car Play quit repeatedly, the app icon disappeared off the home page,
    and a phone reboot was required to bring it back. After a phone call the audio for everything was coming out the front center speaker only. I'm not the only one with issues: https://www.reddit.com/r/CarPlay/comments/ivjur5/carplay_ios_14_issues_with_
    honda/"

"After the iOS .1 update, some app updates, cold rebooting the entertainment system 2x by disconnecting the 12 v battery, and even a new sync cable, it seems to be working better."

Only in your twisted mind did I always blame Apple.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Sat Jan 8 17:50:46 2022
    On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 5:03:24 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:

Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an almost >>>> new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has wired CarPlay. >>>> CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after >>>> two days the connection was lost. I had to delete the phone from the >>>> system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless. >>>> Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system
    disconnects.

I've had occasional glitches where the easiest solution is to delete & >>> set back up as new ... maybe once every ~2 years. Think once or
    twice it was shortly after a dealership service, so there probably was >>> a silent entertainment system upgrade going on.

Also, I recently traded the Insight for a 2022 Accord Touring, Hybrid >>>> edition. It has wireless charging and CarPlay. No issues in the first 2 weeks.

That was quick. Guessing you got a decent trade-in price for the 2019 >>> Insight due to the used car supply/demand pinch...although IIRC that

of said market conditions, as our newest is coming up on 2 years old and >>> still has less than 3K miles on it thanks to CoVid-centric vast reductions in

iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is not present in the >>>> Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB >>>> connection somewhere, and the Transit experience strongly indicates >>>> it was on the vehicle side.

-hh

Alan, unfortunately 15.0.2 did not fix my CarPlay audio stoppage issue.' >>

Another quote from me:

Jan 11, 2021, 8:36:22 PM
    New day, new data, new thread.

"So, fans, someone who actually knows something (as compared to calling people liars) referred me to this site:
    https://www.gen3insight.com/threads/infotainment-issues-crash-restart-blank. I'm getting exactly the same issues on iOS and Android. Cable connection versus wireless also does not matter, same issues.
    Back to the dealer on Friday with a printout of all 7 pages from this site. It's about 1/2 inch of paper.
    It can be fixed. Some of the posts on this group are from owners with few or no problems."

Where is Apple blamed here?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steve Carroll@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Sun Jan 9 08:10:45 2022
    On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 6:50:48 PM UTC-7, Thomas E. wrote:
    On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 5:03:24 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
    On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 8:41:11 PM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote: >>>> More on CarPlay issues with my 2019 Honda Insight. I think it's been solved.

Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an almost >>>> new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has wired CarPlay. >>>> CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after
    two days the connection was lost. I had to delete the phone from the >>>> system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless.
    Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system >>>> disconnects.

I've had occasional glitches where the easiest solution is to delete & >>> set back up as new ... maybe once every ~2 years. Think once or
    twice it was shortly after a dealership service, so there probably was >>> a silent entertainment system upgrade going on.

Also, I recently traded the Insight for a 2022 Accord Touring, Hybrid >>>> edition. It has wireless charging and CarPlay. No issues in the first 2 weeks.

That was quick. Guessing you got a decent trade-in price for the 2019 >>> Insight due to the used car supply/demand pinch...although IIRC that >>> would have also been knocked down some by that traffic circle fender-bender.

of said market conditions, as our newest is coming up on 2 years old and
    still has less than 3K miles on it thanks to CoVid-centric vast reductions in

So, I am led to conclude that there was something amiss between my >>>> iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is not present in the >>>> Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB
    connection somewhere, and the Transit experience strongly indicates >>>> it was on the vehicle side.

-hh

'CarPlay issues should have been discovered. It’s a key iOS feature. >>

Another quote from me:

Jan 11, 2021, 8:36:22 PM
    New day, new data, new thread.

"So, fans, someone who actually knows something (as compared to calling people liars) referred me to this site:
    https://www.gen3insight.com/threads/infotainment-issues-crash-restart-blank. I'm getting exactly the same issues on iOS and Android. Cable connection versus wireless also does not matter, same issues.
    Back to the dealer on Friday with a printout of all 7 pages from this site. It's about 1/2 inch of paper.
    It can be fixed. Some of the posts on this group are from owners with few or no problems."

Where is Apple blamed here?

I'm not raging, in fact I am laughing at him because Jeff 'Super Troll' Relf.Me's lying is so obvious. He purposefully did not speak of all the benchmarks that he would quickly focus on... and we all know why. At
    least he has his shills rushing to his rescue. It was Jeff 'Super Troll' Relf.Me who stated that he and his students used to trespass all the
    time and it was arousing.

At times, fiction is more valuable than reality. Pull up a consumer
    report on Jeff 'Super Troll' Relf.Me and you will get proof that he was
    in the slammer last year. The sites can not go into that extent of detail
    and court records from his jurisdiction have to be court ordered.

Too much glue for you, Jeff 'Super Troll' Relf.Me.

--
    What Every Entrepreneur Must Know! https://ftp.cdc.gov/pub/health_Statistics/nchs/Software/mmds/2009/spell/mmds_spell.txt
    <https://groups.google.com/g/comp.sys.mac.apps/c/VMCw29DnV84> https://www.womply.com/biz/89a-dental-care-prescott-valley-AZ/
    Narcissistic Bigot Steve Carroll

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Sun Jan 9 13:12:17 2022
    On 2022-01-08 5:47 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 5:02:17 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
    wrote:
    been solved.

in the first 2 weeks.
    circle fender-bender.

very low mileage.

one total disconnect.

months ago.

-hh

get that though.

Link:
    https://www.indyhonda.com/used/Honda/2019-Honda-Insight-140ffb280a0e09a9358a179108ce7689.htm

the salesperson told me.

$20k!

Not true Liarboy

A quote from a discussion I started:

"The Insight's Car Play system continues to be problematic. That despite an over-the-air Honda software update that arrived last week and several recent iOS updates. I had a chance to drive my sister's Accord last week while we were in Asheville with
    her and my brother-in-law. It has similar Car Play issues. The wife's CRV with it's Pioneer replacement radio has a few minor issues, but different from the OEM system. The Insight is still having a few random system disconnects dropped audio on Pandora
    and IHeartRadio. So, bottom line, Honda has issues."

What does the last sentence say?

When did you start that discussion?

Oh! May 11!

Tell me: was that your most recent comment prior to this thread? No?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Sun Jan 9 13:14:04 2022
    On 2022-01-08 5:57 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    More on CarPlay issues with my 2019 Honda Insight. I think
    it's been solved.

wired CarPlay. CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in
    my iPhone SE2, but after two days the connection was lost. I
    had to delete the phone from the system and set it up again.
    But, other than that, it has been flawless. Unlike the
    Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system
    disconnects.

Also, I recently traded the Insight for a 2022 Accord
    Touring, Hybrid edition. It has wireless charging and
    CarPlay. No issues in the first 2 weeks.

The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time
    I drove it. On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at
    least one total disconnect.

So, I am led to conclude that there was something amiss
    between my iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is
    not present in the Transit or the new Accord. Almost
    certainly it was in the Insight's USB connection somewhere,
    and the Transit experience strongly indicates it was on the
    vehicle side.
    The thing you repeatedly told us wasn't true when you insisted
    that it was Apple's CarPlay technology that was to blame.

I said that the CarPlay system (that includes both Honda and
    Apple) was problematic. I still think that is true.
    No.

So here I blame iOS 14 and Apple, but was far from the only one with
    issues. But I also mention that a 14.1 update improved the problem.

Nevertheless, YOU blamed Apple.

And much more recently than the two posts you made which didn't assign
    blame exclusively.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Mon Jan 10 14:59:50 2022
    On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 4:14:06 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
    it's been solved.

disconnects.

vehicle side.

No.

So here I blame iOS 14 and Apple, but was far from the only one with issues. But I also mention that a 14.1 update improved the problem.

blame exclusively.

Bottom line Liarboy: I presented a balanced view that blamed both Honda and Apple.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Mon Jan 10 15:17:27 2022
    On 2022-01-10 2:59 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    it's been solved.

disconnects.

vehicle side.

No.

blame exclusively.

Bottom line Liarboy: I presented a balanced view that blamed both Honda and Apple.

Bottom line: you started out with something like a balanced view...

...and then by the end had declared it an Apple problem.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Thu Jan 13 15:18:16 2022
    On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 6:17:29 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
    it's been solved.

almost new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has >>>>>>> wired CarPlay. CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in
    disconnects.

I drove it. On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at >>>>>>> least one total disconnect.

vehicle side.

No.

blame exclusively.

No Alan, many those posts cited 3rd party sourced issues with iOS 15 and CarPlay connections. Those issues were not my personal opinions or experience.

BTW, once started CarPlay has yet to fail on the Transit or the new Accord. Yesterday I did for the first time see CarPlay not connect on startup in the Accord. Powered down and back up and all was well. The borrowed Transit is going back to its assigned
    home tomorrow.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dustin who does stuff with miceless@21:1/5 to Alan on Sat Jan 15 04:11:27 2022
    On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 2:14:06 PM UTC-7, Alan wrote:
    it's been solved.

disconnects.

vehicle side.

No.

blame exclusively.

Keep in mind your accusation is based on you not understanding context.
    Your game:

* Snit spoke of Dustin Cook having Carroll's flood bot code .
    * Dustin Cook does not have Carroll's flood bot code.

Then you insist I lied. But you leave out the context.

1) Snit spoke of Carroll's flood bot code, and what can be known without
    the code
    2) Dustin Cook responded by speaking of what he can know HAVING THE CODE.
    3) Snit spoke of Dustin Cook having Carroll's flood bot code.
    4) Dustin Cook does not have Carroll's flood bot code.

You start at step three and then insist that if one starts there it LOOKS
    like you were unfairly accused.

In short: you prove yourself a functionally illiterate fraud again.

-
    Do not click this link!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prZeTJKpc3Y https://www.bing.com/search?q=%22narcissistic%20bigot%22
    Dustin Cook the functional illiterate fraud

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steve Carroll@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Sat Jan 15 08:59:10 2022
    On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 4:18:17 PM UTC-7, Thomas E. wrote:
    On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 9:04:17 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote: >>>>>> On 2022-01-05 5:41 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    it's been solved.

Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an >>>>>>> almost new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has >>>>>>> wired CarPlay. CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in >>>>>>> my iPhone SE2, but after two days the connection was lost. I >>>>>>> had to delete the phone from the system and set it up again. >>>>>>> But, other than that, it has been flawless. Unlike the
    disconnects.

The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time >>>>>>> I drove it. On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at >>>>>>> least one total disconnect.

between my iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is >>>>>>> not present in the Transit or the new Accord. Almost
    certainly it was in the Insight's USB connection somewhere, >>>>>>> and the Transit experience strongly indicates it was on the >>>>>>> vehicle side.
    The thing you repeatedly told us wasn't true when you insisted >>>>>> that it was Apple's CarPlay technology that was to blame.

No.

So here I blame iOS 14 and Apple, but was far from the only one with >>> issues. But I also mention that a 14.1 update improved the problem.

And much more recently than the two posts you made which didn't assign >> blame exclusively.

No Alan, many those posts cited 3rd party sourced issues with iOS 15 and CarPlay connections. Those issues were not my personal opinions or experience.

BTW, once started CarPlay has yet to fail on the Transit or the new Accord. Yesterday I did for the first time see CarPlay not connect on startup in the Accord. Powered down and back up and all was well. The borrowed Transit is going back to its
    assigned home tomorrow.

My uptime is almost sixty days and Snit is a better man than you will even
    be! I did not even know Jeff Relf already had a record of not only forging
    so called evidence, but also having already been caught red handed doing
    it and trying to pass it off as like a 3 dollar bill.

Jeff Relf must understand that others can go get whatever software he
    has found, right, gluey? And, of course, anyone can go get a real newsreader with proper filtering, which renders his flooding impotent, just like Jeff Relf ;) Jeff Relf - who caused more errors applying his 'band-aids' than
    what the box started with before he touched it. What did Snit expect from
    the lying imbecile? That Jeff Relf doofus has nothing to lose but time.
    He has nothing else. Especially not a girlfriend.

--
    Top Six Ways Jeff Relf Trolls https://www.bing.com/search?q=Dustin+Cook%3A+functional+illiterate+fraud https://duckduckgo.com/?q=steve+carroll%3A+narcissistic+bigot
    Dustin Cook: Functionally Illiterate Fraud

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steve Carroll@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Sat Jan 15 11:07:06 2022
    On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 4:18:17 PM UTC-7, Thomas E. wrote:
    On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 9:04:17 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote: >>>>>> On 2022-01-05 5:41 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    it's been solved.

Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an >>>>>>> almost new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has >>>>>>> wired CarPlay. CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in >>>>>>> my iPhone SE2, but after two days the connection was lost. I >>>>>>> had to delete the phone from the system and set it up again. >>>>>>> But, other than that, it has been flawless. Unlike the
    disconnects.

The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time >>>>>>> I drove it. On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at >>>>>>> least one total disconnect.

between my iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is >>>>>>> not present in the Transit or the new Accord. Almost
    certainly it was in the Insight's USB connection somewhere, >>>>>>> and the Transit experience strongly indicates it was on the >>>>>>> vehicle side.
    The thing you repeatedly told us wasn't true when you insisted >>>>>> that it was Apple's CarPlay technology that was to blame.

No.

So here I blame iOS 14 and Apple, but was far from the only one with >>> issues. But I also mention that a 14.1 update improved the problem.

And much more recently than the two posts you made which didn't assign >> blame exclusively.

BTW, once started CarPlay has yet to fail on the Transit or the new Accord. Yesterday I did for the first time see CarPlay not connect on startup in the Accord. Powered down and back up and all was well. The borrowed Transit is going back to its
    assigned home tomorrow.

When will Snit / Snot support the assetion he's made multiple times recently about me being a Shadow sock?

Just absurd trolling. And I am replying to that trolling. THAT is what
    the "Snit / Snot circus" is. There's a few options to choose from in so
    far as up down. Just look at the effort Shadow once again had to spend
    to get Snit / Snot able to pull messages from a website server via CLI.
    Shadow once again, took mistreatment from Snit / Snot, instead of a great thanks, much appreciated, response - that I know Shadow was owed for the trouble and time he spent on the issue.

Snit / Snot just has a ton of completely false allegations and he knows
    it, so his game is to repeat his insanity over and over and engage 'posters' (who are either socks or shills) to 'support' that insanity to gaslight
    his audience. An unceasing, acute, posting itch, despite nothing to say
    - basically slippery rodent camp followers, and vigorously-greased ram,
    hung from the ceiling for his own individual needs.

--
    This broke the Internet! <http://web.archive.org/web/20200911090505/https://www.usphonebook.com/dustin- cook/UQjN2UTM5IzM1ADM0czNwMjMyYzR?Gremlin=&Diesel=> http://www.phmc.state.pa.us/bah/dam/rg/di/r11_089_BirthIndexes/Birth_1909/M.PDF Dustin Cook the functional illiterate fraud

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05