• 15" Dell XPS 9510 i9 v. 16" M1 MacBook Pro

From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to All on Fri Dec 17 13:23:18 2021
    The Dell has now lasted 2 days longer than the MacBook! To be fair, a 15-day old MacBook bricking episode has to be pretty rare.

So far, the Dell has been a pleasant surprise. Quick, incredible 15.6" OLED screen, good keyboard and trackpad, and no issues at all. All that, and a clear path forward for Windows-only apps. The Dell was also slightly less expensive than the MacBook
    even with double the RAM (16 vs. 32) and SSD (1 tb vs. 2). With the Dell's RAM and SSD configuration the MacBook comes in at close to $1,000 more than the Dell.

Windows 11? No issues so far.

Battery life? No comparison, the MacBook will take that one going away. As for fan noise, the Dell has only run the fans when creating video. Otherwise, it's cool and quiet.

Ports? The MacBook had HDMI, but a $10 USB DisplayPort cable works just as well with my new Dell UHD monitor. Otherwise, the two are equal in port numbers.

Both are really good premium machines, and a pleasure to use. If you have one of the new MacBooks congratulations. It's a great machine.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Fri Dec 17 14:37:10 2021
    On 12/17/21 1:23 PM, Thomas E. wrote:
    The Dell has now lasted 2 days longer than the MacBook! To be fair, a 15-day old MacBook bricking episode has to be pretty rare.

So far, the Dell has been a pleasant surprise. Quick, incredible 15.6" OLED screen, good keyboard and trackpad, and no issues at all. All that, and a clear path forward for Windows-only apps. The Dell was also slightly less expensive than the MacBook
    even with double the RAM (16 vs. 32) and SSD (1 tb vs. 2). With the Dell's RAM and SSD configuration the MacBook comes in at close to $1,000 more than the Dell.

Battery life? No comparison, the MacBook will take that one going away. As for fan noise, the Dell has only run the fans when creating video. Otherwise, it's cool and quiet.

Ports? The MacBook had HDMI, but a $10 USB DisplayPort cable works just as well with my new Dell UHD monitor. Otherwise, the two are equal in port numbers.

Both are really good premium machines, and a pleasure to use. If you have one of the new MacBooks congratulations. It's a great machine.

My wonderful 16 in M1 Max Macbook Pro arrived finally this morning. It actually was stuck in Shanghai for 13 days after it was shipped on Dec
    3. And then made it here in 2 days.

The machine is top notch. No matter how hard I push it the fans cannot
    be heard. Using Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro it is a speed
    demon. The display is very bright and wonderful. Battery Life is out
    of this world.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to John on Fri Dec 17 16:41:19 2021
    On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 5:37:18 PM UTC-5, John wrote:
    On 12/17/21 1:23 PM, Thomas E. wrote:

My wonderful 16 in M1 Max Macbook Pro arrived finally this morning. It actually was stuck in Shanghai for 13 days after it was shipped on Dec
    3. And then made it here in 2 days.

The machine is top notch. No matter how hard I push it the fans cannot
    be heard. Using Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro it is a speed
    demon. The display is very bright and wonderful. Battery Life is out
    of this world.

You will not get an argument from me.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Diesel / Gremlin@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Wed Dec 22 06:40:00 2021
    On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 2:23:20 PM UTC-7, Thomas E. wrote:

Sooner or later, if you bother to care... you would see that Snit sock
    Michael Glasser AKA Snit's plan is to 'offhandedly' incite people and then play 'dupe'. Your system will crawl while this takes place. And it takes
    a long time. Like most everyone else in COLA, Snit sock Michael Glasser
    AKA Snit relies on false news to contrive his views on politics. As such,
    he only knows and accepts the official reports which also are the ones
    which characterize using evidence in a highly kind and righteous way.

You are nine seconds away from being in my kill file.

--
    I Left My Husband & Daughter At Home And THIS happened https://www.washingtonpost.com/doonesbury/media/mudline/archive?page=10 Narcissistic Bigot Steve Carroll

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dustic Cook the Fucntionally Illite@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Thu Dec 23 03:29:38 2021
    On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 2:23:20 PM UTC-7, Thomas E. wrote:

+++<http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?p=1102356>+++

Dustin Cook aka Gremlin aka Diesel-Dum Threatens Man With A Bullet ToThe
    Head

This shows that beyond any doubt he is a psychopath.

The only reason he has not killed yet is because he is a coward.

DuckFart farts another DEADLY THREAT: "Where I'm from John, you'd already
    be dead. One bullet, right in the back of your head, execution style. No witnesses. Happens all the time in NY. You don't run your mouth here or anywhere else and not expect payback. I wasn't raised to take **** and not give it back. Don't start no ****, and there wont be no **** is my motto.
    KM started it, and now I do intend to finish it. I don't care what harm
    it causes him IRL. The more the merrier."

He tries getting a man fired from his job by complaining to his employer because the guy had the balls to disagree with The MIGHY DUSTY, SUPER TURD
    OF USENET.

When a friend tries defending the man Duck**** is trying to destroy, Duck**** THREATENS TO KILL HIM.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...g/-WDTbGuUzisJ or https://tinyurl.com/qjvmuec

+++<https://alt.comp.os.windows-10.narkive.com/pcWhWxc1/dustin-cook-gremlin- begs-ascii-for-his-real-name-needs-it-for-intelius-site>+++

Dustin The Turd of Usenet Cook asked: "If you think I have no skills, post with your real name. :) "

How f'kn much "SKILL" does it take to go to the Intelius or some other
    such site and use your credit card and let them do your so- called hacking
    for you?

Incredible, isn't it? Just THINK of it. This Queen of Assholes, Dusti-Boi Cook, ACTUALLY ASKED a would-be victim for his name!

QUIT GODDAMN LAUGHING! I'm SERIOUS!

http://al.howardknight.net/msgid.cgi?STYPE=msgid&A=0&MSGI=%3CXns9F978596DE5FDHHI2948AJD832%40no%3E

+++<https://in.memory.of.e.tern.al/comp.sys.mac.apps/thread/3928539>+++

Dustin Cook aka Diesel Brags In UNIX Group About Sucker Punching Others
    With Viruses

Dustin Cook aka Diesel aka Raid aka Gremlin aka Casio aka Char Jackson

He and his kind are no different than the ghetto garbage who sucker punch
    the unexpectant on the streets of America.

He cobbled together shit BASIC crap code which is even laughed at by other virus writing/passing vermin.

Every time his crap code slid under the radar of the AV companies, he claimed credit for being an outstanding genius coder. What really was responsible
    for some of his crap to ruin the computers of others was the sheer amount
    of viruses in the wild. No AV program could possibly cover them all. It
    was a mathematical certainty that some viruses would be unaccounted for
    in AV programs. But incompetent RL LUSERS like Dustin Cook grab any crumb
    of undeserved "achievement" that happens to come their way.

Notice how to this day he brags about his viruses? Do you really think
    someone this HATEFUL and SPITEFUL of the success of others truly stopped writing/passing viruses because he "changed"?

--
    Curious how these posts are made? Email: mr@sandman.net

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05