• The new Dell has arrived

From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 1 20:58:30 2021
    All set up and I'm using it now. As quick as the Mac for browsing and other general use, a better screen than the Mac, but the fans do run under load. Battery life is nowhere near the M1 Mac, but what is? Dell overall quality is about the same. The
    trackpad is a joy to use. Accurate and has a nice click action. The keyboard has a different feel vs. the Mac but is as good. All a major improvement over the HP.

Setting up the Dell was a very easy. Copied over the data files, installed the apps, and logged into all my accounts. Last item now is to recreate the Outlook signature files.

The combination of the his-res UHD OLED screen and the i9 processor yields a user experience equivalent to the 16" M1 Mac. Both are awesome.

And, when I get one more $8 cable from Amazon I'll have a dongle/adapter-free computer. The power supply, monitor and USB hub will all be USB C. All 3 onboard USB ports will be used, but my hub has 4 vacant slots.

And, I'm running licensed W11. Every app I had on the Mac, or an equivalent, is on here.

The HP is off to a new career running flight sims at the local high school for the spring semester.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Wed Dec 1 21:16:13 2021
    On 2021-12-01 8:58 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    All set up and I'm using it now. As quick as the Mac for browsing and
    other general use, a better screen than the Mac, but the fans do run
    under load. Battery life is nowhere near the M1 Mac, but what is?
    Dell overall quality is about the same. The trackpad is a joy to use. Accurate and has a nice click action. The keyboard has a different
    feel vs. the Mac but is as good. All a major improvement over the
    HP.

Setting up the Dell was a very easy. Copied over the data files,
    installed the apps, and logged into all my accounts. Last item now is
    to recreate the Outlook signature files.

You had to recreate items? When you "copied over the data files"?

How 1990s.

The combination of the his-res UHD OLED screen and the i9 processor
    yields a user experience equivalent to the 16" M1 Mac. Both are
    awesome.

And, when I get one more $8 cable from Amazon I'll have a
    dongle/adapter-free computer. The power supply, monitor and USB hub
    will all be USB C. All 3 onboard USB ports will be used, but my hub
    has 4 vacant slots.

And the implication that you would not have been "dongle/adapter-free"
    is what?

And, I'm running licensed W11. Every app I had on the Mac, or an
    equivalent, is on here.

I bet Apple Mail isn't on it.

The HP is off to a new career running flight sims at the local high
    school for the spring semester.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Thu Dec 2 04:52:47 2021
    On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 12:16:15 AM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
    Dell overall quality is about the same. The trackpad is a joy to use. Accurate and has a nice click action. The keyboard has a different
    HP.

How 1990s.

awesome.

And, when I get one more $8 cable from Amazon I'll have a dongle/adapter-free computer. The power supply, monitor and USB hub
    has 4 vacant slots.
    is what?

I had a USB A/USB C dongle for the USB hub on both the Mac and the Dell until I found a cable on Amazon that I did not know existed. It's USB B 3.1 male to USB C male. Never needed anything like that on the HP. Another learning experience.

And, I'm running licensed W11. Every app I had on the Mac, or an equivalent, is on here.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Thu Dec 2 04:32:27 2021
    On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 12:16:15 AM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
    HP.

How 1990s.

awesome.

And, when I get one more $8 cable from Amazon I'll have a dongle/adapter-free computer. The power supply, monitor and USB hub
    has 4 vacant slots.
    is what?

Wrong yet again

Equivalents - Windows Mail and Outlook

More desperation.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Thu Dec 2 05:32:30 2021
    On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 11:58:32 PM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:
    All set up and I'm using it now. As quick as the Mac for browsing and other general
    use, a better screen than the Mac, but the fans do run under load. Battery life is
    nowhere near the M1 Mac, but what is? Dell overall quality is about the same.
    The trackpad is a joy to use. Accurate and has a nice click action. The keyboard
    has a different feel vs. the Mac but is as good. All a major improvement over the HP.

So how much worse is the Dell’s battery life?

Setting up the Dell was a very easy. Copied over the data files, installed the apps,
    and logged into all my accounts. Last item now is to recreate the Outlook signature files.

The combination of the his-res UHD OLED screen and the i9 processor yields a user
    experience equivalent to the 16" M1 Mac. Both are awesome.

And, when I get one more $8 cable from Amazon I'll have a dongle/adapter-free
    computer. The power supply, monitor and USB hub will all be USB C. All 3 onboard USB ports will be used, but my hub has 4 vacant slots.

For a laptop, I like to minimize the number of plugs I have to pull in order to carry it away…I’d move those onboard connections onto the empty hub.

Word is that MS has to wait for an “exclusive” ARM license agreement to expire
    in early 2022 before they can officially support W11 to the Apple silicone.

The HP is off to a new career running flight sims at the local high school for the spring semester.

That’s a bit tight for assuring no infant mortality failure risk from the new PC.

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ed@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Thu Dec 2 11:06:20 2021
    All set up and I'm using it now. As quick as the Mac for browsing and other general use, a better screen than the Mac, but the fans do run under load. Battery life is nowhere near the M1 Mac, but what is?

You have a few long battery life options that compete with apple, if it's something desired.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steven Carrolll - frelwizen@21:1/5 to -hh on Thu Dec 2 13:32:08 2021
    On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 6:32:32 AM UTC-7, -hh wrote:
    All set up and I'm using it now. As quick as the Mac for browsing and other general
    use, a better screen than the Mac, but the fans do run under load. Battery life is
    The trackpad is a joy to use. Accurate and has a nice click action. The keyboard
    has a different feel vs. the Mac but is as good. All a major improvement over the HP.

Setting up the Dell was a very easy. Copied over the data files, installed the apps,
    and logged into all my accounts. Last item now is to recreate the Outlook signature files.

The combination of the his-res UHD OLED screen and the i9 processor yields a user

computer. The power supply, monitor and USB hub will all be USB C. All 3 onboard USB ports will be used, but my hub has 4 vacant slots.
    For a laptop, I like to minimize the number of plugs I have to pull in order to
    carry it away…I’d move those onboard connections onto the empty hub.
    And, I'm running licensed W11. Every app I had on the Mac, or an equivalent,
    is on here.
    That’s a bit tight for assuring no infant mortality failure risk from the new PC.

-hh

I have a program I use as well, but it's a bit different. Any horrendously wounded sleep deprived whacko could easily do the same. Now that nobody
    is responding to David Shill Brooks, he's making it sound like he's gotten what he wants -- when in fact, people are just sick of his shit. David
    Shill Brooks claims that he uses Windows, while you know he never used
    it on anything but an emulator and really experienced it.

I just configured a kill filter and do not see the flooding. David Shill Brooks's attack has made a veritable mess of usenet via Google Groups,
    so I don't even bother trolling the group with my phone anymore. One good thing he has succeeded at with this crap is that the David Shill Brooks
    ban will never be lifted.

--
    This broke the Internet https://swisscows.com/web?query=steve%20carroll%20%22narcissistic%20bigot%22 https://duckduckgo.com/?q=steve+carroll+narcissistic+bigot
    Steve Carroll the Narcissistic Bigot

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to All on Thu Dec 2 16:28:06 2021
    On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 2:06:21 PM UTC-5, ed wrote:
    All set up and I'm using it now. As quick as the Mac for browsing and other general use, a better screen than the Mac, but the fans do run under load. Battery life is nowhere near the M1 Mac, but what is?
    You have a few long battery life options that compete with apple, if it's something desired.

I'm good with 7-8 hours. The UHD video is something to behold.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to -hh on Thu Dec 2 16:27:03 2021
    On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 8:32:32 AM UTC-5, -hh wrote:

is on here.

-hh

Battery life, based on some reviews, is about half the 16" MacBook Pro. Tom's Hardware tested both the new Mac models at 14-15 hours. The 9510 tested with the OLED screen from the same source was 7-8 hours. Still a full day, but nowhere close to the Mac.
    Good news is that about 10 screws hold the battery in and it's userreplaceable.

Interesting on the ARM front. We will see!

Will DisplayPort run off a Hub? The other two are the hub and power.

I hear you 5 by 5 on reliability. I have all data files backed up locally and on OneDrive. The HP is on indefinite loan, and I can get it back. I stripped all the personal apps and data file. It would take a few hours to restore all that.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Thu Dec 2 17:57:55 2021
    On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 7:27:04 PM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:

is on here.
    The HP is off to a new career running flight sims at the local high school
    for the spring semester.

Battery life, based on some reviews, is about half the 16" MacBook Pro. Tom's
    Hardware tested both the new Mac models at 14-15 hours. The 9510 tested
    with the OLED screen from the same source was 7-8 hours. Still a full day, but nowhere close to the Mac. Good news is that about 10 screws hold
    the battery in and it's userreplaceable.

I’ve generally found all battery tests to be fairly optimistic. Plus it seems
    that when one really needs battery life, there’s never enough. Case in point,
    a long airport layover with limited access to power…”ah, my seat has a plug,
    so I can drain it here…” is when that seat power plug is broken.

A good hub will.

This one will do dual 4K monitors, or a single 5K up to 8K:

< https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/owc-thunderbolt-dock>

I hear you 5 by 5 on reliability. I have all data files backed up locally and on OneDrive. The HP is on indefinite loan, and I can get it back.
    I stripped all the personal apps and data file. It would take a few
    hours to restore all that.

A few friends professionally do IT support in education; expect it to
    get beat up pretty quick.

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Thu Dec 2 20:54:11 2021
    On 2021-12-02 4:27 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 11:58:32 PM UTC-5, Thomas E.
    wrote:
    All set up and I'm using it now. As quick as the Mac for browsing
    and other general use, a better screen than the Mac, but the fans
    do run under load. Battery life is nowhere near the M1 Mac, but
    what is? Dell overall quality is about the same. The trackpad is
    a joy to use. Accurate and has a nice click action. The keyboard
    has a different feel vs. the Mac but is as good. All a major
    improvement over the HP.

installed the apps, and logged into all my accounts. Last item
    now is to recreate the Outlook signature files.

The combination of the his-res UHD OLED screen and the i9
    processor yields a user experience equivalent to the 16" M1 Mac.
    Both are awesome.

dongle/adapter-free computer. The power supply, monitor and USB
    hub will all be USB C. All 3 onboard USB ports will be used, but
    my hub has 4 vacant slots.
    For a laptop, I like to minimize the number of plugs I have to pull
    in order to carry it away…I’d move those onboard connections onto
    the empty hub.
    equivalent, is on here.
    Word is that MS has to wait for an “exclusive” ARM license
    agreement to expire in early 2022 before they can officially
    support W11 to the Apple silicone.
    The HP is off to a new career running flight sims at the local
    high school for the spring semester.
    That’s a bit tight for assuring no infant mortality failure risk
    from the new PC.

-hh

Battery life, based on some reviews, is about half the 16" MacBook
    Pro. Tom's Hardware tested both the new Mac models at 14-15 hours.
    The 9510 tested with the OLED screen from the same source was 7-8
    hours. Still a full day, but nowhere close to the Mac. Good news is
    that about 10 screws hold the battery in and it's userreplaceable. [sic]

Odd, then, don't you think, that they don't list a spare battery among
    the parts you can purchase for your Dell XPS 15, isn't it?

That is, assuming you bought the Dell XPS 15 9510: the only laptop
    listed on Dell's site that matches the specs you presented.

And then there's this:

'Users cannot replace this laptop’s battery without support. Ask a Dell-authorized technician to install a new battery or use an external battery.'

<https://www.dell.com/en-us/search/dell%20xps%209510%20replacement%20battery>

Care to explain?

It seems the sort of thing you should have investigated beforehand, Idiot.

I hear you 5 by 5 on reliability. I have all data files backed up
    locally and on OneDrive. The HP is on indefinite loan, and I can get
    it back. I stripped all the personal apps and data file. It would
    take a few hours to restore all that.

What's your backup software, Idiot? Please tell me it's not what
    Microsoft offers in Settings for Windows 10 (and I assume 11, although I
    cannot claim actual experience with Windows 11 backup yet).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Fri Dec 3 08:58:23 2021
    On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 11:54:14 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
    wrote:
    improvement over the HP.

Both are awesome.

the empty hub.
    equivalent, is on here.
    from the new PC.

-hh

And then there's this:

'Users cannot replace this laptop’s battery without support. Ask a Dell-authorized technician to install a new battery or use an external battery.'

Care to explain?

It seems the sort of thing you should have investigated beforehand, Idiot.

I hear you 5 by 5 on reliability. I have all data files backed up
    locally and on OneDrive. The HP is on indefinite loan, and I can get
    it back. I stripped all the personal apps and data file. It would
    take a few hours to restore all that.
    What's your backup software, Idiot? Please tell me it's not what
    Microsoft offers in Settings for Windows 10 (and I assume 11, although I cannot claim actual experience with Windows 11 backup yet).

I knew that the 3 USB ports on the Dell were all I needed. Just asking a simple question, asshole.

OneDrive offline, File History local drive, the Windows 7 system with total C: drive selected on local drive, and a Windows Image done yesterday on local drive, asshole.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Fri Dec 3 10:09:13 2021
    On 2021-12-03 8:58 a.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    wrote:
    improvement over the HP.

Both are awesome.

the empty hub.
    equivalent, is on here.
    from the new PC.

-hh

And then there's this:

'Users cannot replace this laptop’s battery without support. Ask a
    Dell-authorized technician to install a new battery or use an external
    battery.'

Care to explain?

As I expected...

What precise model of Dell XPS 15 do you have, Liarboy?

It must be production run of one.

:-)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to John on Fri Dec 3 10:27:55 2021
    On 2021-12-03 10:22 a.m., John wrote:
    On 12/3/2021 10:09 AM, Alan wrote:
    wrote:
    All set up and I'm using it now. As quick as the Mac for browsing >>>>>>> and other general use, a better screen than the Mac, but the fans >>>>>>> do run under load. Battery life is nowhere near the M1 Mac, but
    what is? Dell overall quality is about the same. The trackpad is >>>>>>> a joy to use. Accurate and has a nice click action. The keyboard >>>>>>> has a different feel vs. the Mac but is as good. All a major
    improvement over the HP.

Setting up the Dell was a very easy. Copied over the data files, >>>>>>> installed the apps, and logged into all my accounts. Last item

processor yields a user experience equivalent to the 16" M1 Mac. >>>>>>> Both are awesome.

hub will all be USB C. All 3 onboard USB ports will be used, but >>>>>>> my hub has 4 vacant slots.
    For a laptop, I like to minimize the number of plugs I have to pull >>>>>> in order to carry it away…I’d move those onboard connections onto >>>>>> the empty hub.
    And, I'm running licensed W11. Every app I had on the Mac, or an >>>>>>> equivalent, is on here.
    That’s a bit tight for assuring no infant mortality failure risk >>>>>> from the new PC.

-hh

that about 10 screws hold the battery in and it's userreplaceable.
    [sic]

Odd, then, don't you think, that they don't list a spare battery among >>>> the parts you can purchase for your Dell XPS 15, isn't it?

And then there's this:

Dell-authorized technician to install a new battery or use an external >>>> battery.'

Care to explain?

As I expected...

I have a XPS 15 9550 from Late 2016.   When I upgraded the RAM I noticed the battery could be replaced without too much effort.  Just have to
    take the 10 screws or so off the bottom plate to access it.  Would be considered a "professional" type repair but it does not look too hard
    and am sure I could do it.

Assuming I could get the battery from Dell.

The Idiot's implicit claim was that he could deal with too short battery
    life by swapping batteries...

...and that's why he's also known as "Liarboy".

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John@21:1/5 to Alan on Fri Dec 3 10:22:04 2021
    wrote:
    improvement over the HP.

Both are awesome.

in order to carry it away…I’d move those onboard connections onto >>>>> the empty hub.
    equivalent, is on here.
    from the new PC.

-hh

[sic]

And then there's this:

battery.'

Care to explain?

As I expected...

I have a XPS 15 9550 from Late 2016. When I upgraded the RAM I noticed
    the battery could be replaced without too much effort. Just have to
    take the 10 screws or so off the bottom plate to access it. Would be considered a "professional" type repair but it does not look too hard

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John@21:1/5 to John on Fri Dec 3 10:28:58 2021
    On 12/3/21 10:22 AM, John wrote:
    wrote:
    All set up and I'm using it now. As quick as the Mac for browsing >>>>>>> and other general use, a better screen than the Mac, but the fans >>>>>>> do run under load. Battery life is nowhere near the M1 Mac, but
    what is? Dell overall quality is about the same. The trackpad is >>>>>>> a joy to use. Accurate and has a nice click action. The keyboard >>>>>>> has a different feel vs. the Mac but is as good. All a major
    improvement over the HP.

Setting up the Dell was a very easy. Copied over the data files, >>>>>>> installed the apps, and logged into all my accounts. Last item

processor yields a user experience equivalent to the 16" M1 Mac. >>>>>>> Both are awesome.

hub will all be USB C. All 3 onboard USB ports will be used, but >>>>>>> my hub has 4 vacant slots.
    For a laptop, I like to minimize the number of plugs I have to pull >>>>>> in order to carry it away…I’d move those onboard connections onto >>>>>> the empty hub.
    And, I'm running licensed W11. Every app I had on the Mac, or an >>>>>>> equivalent, is on here.
    That’s a bit tight for assuring no infant mortality failure risk >>>>>> from the new PC.

-hh

[sic]

Odd, then, don't you think, that they don't list a spare battery among >>>> the parts you can purchase for your Dell XPS 15, isn't it?

And then there's this:

Dell-authorized technician to install a new battery or use an external >>>> battery.'

Care to explain?

As I expected...

I have a XPS 15 9550 from Late 2016.   When I upgraded the RAM I noticed the battery could be replaced without too much effort.  Just have to
    take the 10 screws or so off the bottom plate to access it.  Would be considered a "professional" type repair but it does not look too hard

One more thing. Some jackass companies(like Tesla) embed ID chips in
    their products. So as to make you buy replacement parts only from them.
    Dell may also. If the battery were to have an embedded ID chip in it it
    may actually require a certified technician to "program" its replacement
    to be recognized. Don't know that to be the case but battery
    replacement "looks" simple enough.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Fri Dec 3 11:15:54 2021
    On Friday, December 3, 2021 at 1:09:16 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
    wrote:
    All set up and I'm using it now. As quick as the Mac for browsing >>>>> and other general use, a better screen than the Mac, but the fans >>>>> do run under load. Battery life is nowhere near the M1 Mac, but
    improvement over the HP.

Both are awesome.

For a laptop, I like to minimize the number of plugs I have to pull >>>> in order to carry it away…I’d move those onboard connections onto >>>> the empty hub.
    equivalent, is on here.
    from the new PC.

-hh

that about 10 screws hold the battery in and it's userreplaceable. [sic] >>

And then there's this:

battery.'

Care to explain?
    As I expected...

XPS 9510. 15 refers to the screen size, asshole

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Fri Dec 3 11:17:22 2021
    On Friday, December 3, 2021 at 1:27:57 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
    wrote:
    All set up and I'm using it now. As quick as the Mac for browsing >>>>>>> and other general use, a better screen than the Mac, but the fans >>>>>>> do run under load. Battery life is nowhere near the M1 Mac, but >>>>>>> what is? Dell overall quality is about the same. The trackpad is >>>>>>> a joy to use. Accurate and has a nice click action. The keyboard >>>>>>> has a different feel vs. the Mac but is as good. All a major
    improvement over the HP.

Setting up the Dell was a very easy. Copied over the data files, >>>>>>> installed the apps, and logged into all my accounts. Last item >>>>>>> now is to recreate the Outlook signature files.

dongle/adapter-free computer. The power supply, monitor and USB >>>>>>> hub will all be USB C. All 3 onboard USB ports will be used, but >>>>>>> my hub has 4 vacant slots.
    The HP is off to a new career running flight sims at the local >>>>>>> high school for the spring semester.

-hh

Battery life, based on some reviews, is about half the 16" MacBook >>>>> Pro. Tom's Hardware tested both the new Mac models at 14-15 hours. >>>>> The 9510 tested with the OLED screen from the same source was 7-8 >>>>> hours. Still a full day, but nowhere close to the Mac. Good news is >>>>> that about 10 screws hold the battery in and it's userreplaceable. >>>>> [sic]

And then there's this:

'Users cannot replace this laptop’s battery without support. Ask a >>>> Dell-authorized technician to install a new battery or use an external >>>> battery.'

Care to explain?

As I expected...

I have a XPS 15 9550 from Late 2016. When I upgraded the RAM I noticed the battery could be replaced without too much effort. Just have to
    take the 10 screws or so off the bottom plate to access it. Would be considered a "professional" type repair but it does not look too hard

The Idiot's implicit claim was that he could deal with too short battery life by swapping batteries...

No asshole, it was a swipe at Apple's relatively difficult battery replacements in some recent devices.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to John on Fri Dec 3 11:21:51 2021
    On Friday, December 3, 2021 at 1:29:07 PM UTC-5, John wrote:
    wrote:
    All set up and I'm using it now. As quick as the Mac for browsing >>>>>>> and other general use, a better screen than the Mac, but the fans >>>>>>> do run under load. Battery life is nowhere near the M1 Mac, but >>>>>>> what is? Dell overall quality is about the same. The trackpad is >>>>>>> a joy to use. Accurate and has a nice click action. The keyboard >>>>>>> has a different feel vs. the Mac but is as good. All a major
    improvement over the HP.

Setting up the Dell was a very easy. Copied over the data files, >>>>>>> installed the apps, and logged into all my accounts. Last item >>>>>>> now is to recreate the Outlook signature files.

dongle/adapter-free computer. The power supply, monitor and USB >>>>>>> hub will all be USB C. All 3 onboard USB ports will be used, but >>>>>>> my hub has 4 vacant slots.
    The HP is off to a new career running flight sims at the local >>>>>>> high school for the spring semester.

-hh

Battery life, based on some reviews, is about half the 16" MacBook >>>>> Pro. Tom's Hardware tested both the new Mac models at 14-15 hours. >>>>> The 9510 tested with the OLED screen from the same source was 7-8 >>>>> hours. Still a full day, but nowhere close to the Mac. Good news is >>>>> that about 10 screws hold the battery in and it's userreplaceable. >>>>> [sic]

And then there's this:

'Users cannot replace this laptop’s battery without support. Ask a >>>> Dell-authorized technician to install a new battery or use an external >>>> battery.'

Care to explain?

As I expected...

I have a XPS 15 9550 from Late 2016. When I upgraded the RAM I noticed the battery could be replaced without too much effort. Just have to

Never heard of that on a battery but suppose it's possible. Amazon has a wide range of XPS replacement batteries available.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Fri Dec 3 11:25:01 2021
    On 2021-12-03 11:15 a.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    wrote:
    improvement over the HP.

-hh

that about 10 screws hold the battery in and it's userreplaceable. [sic] >>>>

And then there's this:

Care to explain?
    As I expected...

And that is the precise machine about which the quote I provided was
    written, Idiot Liarboy!

Do you see the search string in that URL, Idiot? Are you bright enough
    to decode it? Let me help:

"dell%20xps%209510%20replacement%20battery"

Now take all the "%20"s and replace them with spaces:

"dell xps 9510 replacement battery"

And Dell's official word on the subject is:

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Fri Dec 3 11:29:22 2021
    On 2021-12-03 11:17 a.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 11:58:32 PM UTC-5, Thomas E. >>>>>>>> wrote:
    All set up and I'm using it now. As quick as the Mac for browsing >>>>>>>>> and other general use, a better screen than the Mac, but the fans >>>>>>>>> do run under load. Battery life is nowhere near the M1 Mac, but >>>>>>>>> what is? Dell overall quality is about the same. The trackpad is >>>>>>>>> a joy to use. Accurate and has a nice click action. The keyboard >>>>>>>>> has a different feel vs. the Mac but is as good. All a major >>>>>>>>> improvement over the HP.

Setting up the Dell was a very easy. Copied over the data files, >>>>>>>>> installed the apps, and logged into all my accounts. Last item >>>>>>>>> now is to recreate the Outlook signature files.

processor yields a user experience equivalent to the 16" M1 Mac. >>>>>>>>> Both are awesome.

dongle/adapter-free computer. The power supply, monitor and USB >>>>>>>>> hub will all be USB C. All 3 onboard USB ports will be used, but >>>>>>>>> my hub has 4 vacant slots.
    For a laptop, I like to minimize the number of plugs I have to pull >>>>>>>> in order to carry it away…I’d move those onboard connections onto >>>>>>>> the empty hub.
    And, I'm running licensed W11. Every app I had on the Mac, or an >>>>>>>>> equivalent, is on here.
    Word is that MS has to wait for an “exclusive” ARM license >>>>>>>> agreement to expire in early 2022 before they can officially
    The HP is off to a new career running flight sims at the local >>>>>>>>> high school for the spring semester.
    That’s a bit tight for assuring no infant mortality failure risk >>>>>>>> from the new PC.

-hh

Battery life, based on some reviews, is about half the 16" MacBook >>>>>>> Pro. Tom's Hardware tested both the new Mac models at 14-15 hours. >>>>>>> The 9510 tested with the OLED screen from the same source was 7-8 >>>>>>> hours. Still a full day, but nowhere close to the Mac. Good news is >>>>>>> that about 10 screws hold the battery in and it's userreplaceable. >>>>>>> [sic]

Odd, then, don't you think, that they don't list a spare battery among >>>>>> the parts you can purchase for your Dell XPS 15, isn't it?

That is, assuming you bought the Dell XPS 15 9510: the only laptop >>>>>> listed on Dell's site that matches the specs you presented.

And then there's this:

'Users cannot replace this laptop’s battery without support. Ask a >>>>>> Dell-authorized technician to install a new battery or use an external >>>>>> battery.'

Care to explain?

As I expected...

I have a XPS 15 9550 from Late 2016. When I upgraded the RAM I noticed >>> the battery could be replaced without too much effort. Just have to
    take the 10 screws or so off the bottom plate to access it. Would be
    considered a "professional" type repair but it does not look too hard

The Idiot's implicit claim was that he could deal with too short battery
    life by swapping batteries...

No asshole, it was a swipe at Apple's relatively difficult battery replacements in some recent devices.

Then you should learn to write with better paragraph structure, Idiot.

You started a paragraph about battery life and ended it with a sentence
    about the battery being "userreplaceable" [sic]. Explicitly, sentences
    in the same paragraph are discussing the same topic.

"A paragraph develops ONE main idea through a series of related
    sentences. This main idea is usually introduced in the first sentence of
    the paragraph, called the topic sentence. The idea is then developed
    further through the sentences that follow."

<https://libguides.newcastle.edu.au/writing-paragraphs/structure>

"Battery life, based on some reviews, is about half the 16" MacBook Pro.
    Tom's Hardware tested both the new Mac models at 14-15 hours. The 9510
    tested with the OLED screen from the same source was 7-8 hours. Still a
    full day, but nowhere close to the Mac. Good news is that about 10
    screws hold the battery in and it's userreplaceable.[sic]"

You agree that's your original paragraph, don't you, Idiot (the "[sic]" indicating your typo not mine)?

So... ...what is your first sentence; the "topic sentence"?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Fri Dec 3 11:38:39 2021
    On 12/3/21 11:21 AM, Thomas E. wrote:
    On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 11:58:32 PM UTC-5, Thomas E. >>>>>>>> wrote:
    All set up and I'm using it now. As quick as the Mac for browsing >>>>>>>>> and other general use, a better screen than the Mac, but the fans >>>>>>>>> do run under load. Battery life is nowhere near the M1 Mac, but >>>>>>>>> what is? Dell overall quality is about the same. The trackpad is >>>>>>>>> a joy to use. Accurate and has a nice click action. The keyboard >>>>>>>>> has a different feel vs. the Mac but is as good. All a major >>>>>>>>> improvement over the HP.

Setting up the Dell was a very easy. Copied over the data files, >>>>>>>>> installed the apps, and logged into all my accounts. Last item >>>>>>>>> now is to recreate the Outlook signature files.

processor yields a user experience equivalent to the 16" M1 Mac. >>>>>>>>> Both are awesome.

dongle/adapter-free computer. The power supply, monitor and USB >>>>>>>>> hub will all be USB C. All 3 onboard USB ports will be used, but >>>>>>>>> my hub has 4 vacant slots.
    For a laptop, I like to minimize the number of plugs I have to pull >>>>>>>> in order to carry it away…I’d move those onboard connections onto >>>>>>>> the empty hub.
    And, I'm running licensed W11. Every app I had on the Mac, or an >>>>>>>>> equivalent, is on here.
    Word is that MS has to wait for an “exclusive” ARM license >>>>>>>> agreement to expire in early 2022 before they can officially
    The HP is off to a new career running flight sims at the local >>>>>>>>> high school for the spring semester.
    That’s a bit tight for assuring no infant mortality failure risk >>>>>>>> from the new PC.

-hh

Battery life, based on some reviews, is about half the 16" MacBook >>>>>>> Pro. Tom's Hardware tested both the new Mac models at 14-15 hours. >>>>>>> The 9510 tested with the OLED screen from the same source was 7-8 >>>>>>> hours. Still a full day, but nowhere close to the Mac. Good news is >>>>>>> that about 10 screws hold the battery in and it's userreplaceable. >>>>>>> [sic]

Odd, then, don't you think, that they don't list a spare battery among >>>>>> the parts you can purchase for your Dell XPS 15, isn't it?

That is, assuming you bought the Dell XPS 15 9510: the only laptop >>>>>> listed on Dell's site that matches the specs you presented.

And then there's this:

'Users cannot replace this laptop’s battery without support. Ask a >>>>>> Dell-authorized technician to install a new battery or use an external >>>>>> battery.'

Care to explain?

As I expected...

I have a XPS 15 9550 from Late 2016. When I upgraded the RAM I noticed >>> the battery could be replaced without too much effort. Just have to
    considered a "professional" type repair but it does not look too hard

Never heard of that on a battery but suppose it's possible. Amazon has a wide range of XPS replacement batteries available.

As an old retired Electronics Engineer I am weary of much of the junk
    sold on Amazon and prefer to use exact manufacturer replacement. A
    poorly constructed Lithium battery could result in a fire and burn your
    house down.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to John on Fri Dec 3 13:03:55 2021
    On Friday, December 3, 2021 at 2:38:49 PM UTC-5, John wrote:
    On 12/3/21 11:21 AM, Thomas E. wrote:
    On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 8:32:32 AM UTC-5, -hh wrote: >>>>>>>> On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 11:58:32 PM UTC-5, Thomas E. >>>>>>>> wrote:

The combination of the his-res UHD OLED screen and the i9 >>>>>>>>> processor yields a user experience equivalent to the 16" M1 Mac. >>>>>>>>> Both are awesome.

And, when I get one more $8 cable from Amazon I'll have a >>>>>>>>> dongle/adapter-free computer. The power supply, monitor and USB >>>>>>>>> hub will all be USB C. All 3 onboard USB ports will be used, but >>>>>>>>> my hub has 4 vacant slots.
    For a laptop, I like to minimize the number of plugs I have to pull >>>>>>>> in order to carry it away…I’d move those onboard connections onto
    the empty hub.
    Word is that MS has to wait for an “exclusive” ARM license >>>>>>>> agreement to expire in early 2022 before they can officially >>>>>>>> support W11 to the Apple silicone.

-hh

And then there's this:

'Users cannot replace this laptop’s battery without support. Ask a >>>>>> Dell-authorized technician to install a new battery or use an external
    battery.'

Care to explain?

As I expected...

considered a "professional" type repair but it does not look too hard >>> and am sure I could do it.

their products. So as to make you buy replacement parts only from them. >> Dell may also. If the battery were to have an embedded ID chip in it it >> may actually require a certified technician to "program" its replacement >> to be recognized. Don't know that to be the case but battery

As an old retired Electronics Engineer I am weary of much of the junk
    sold on Amazon and prefer to use exact manufacturer replacement. A
    poorly constructed Lithium battery could result in a fire and burn your house down.

The point was that the replacements don't seem to need a chip. I'd get one from Dell for the exact reason you cite.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Fri Dec 3 13:07:04 2021
    On Friday, December 3, 2021 at 2:29:24 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
    On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 8:32:32 AM UTC-5, -hh wrote: >>>>>>>> On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 11:58:32 PM UTC-5, Thomas E. >>>>>>>> wrote:

The combination of the his-res UHD OLED screen and the i9 >>>>>>>>> processor yields a user experience equivalent to the 16" M1 Mac. >>>>>>>>> Both are awesome.

And, when I get one more $8 cable from Amazon I'll have a >>>>>>>>> dongle/adapter-free computer. The power supply, monitor and USB >>>>>>>>> hub will all be USB C. All 3 onboard USB ports will be used, but >>>>>>>>> my hub has 4 vacant slots.
    For a laptop, I like to minimize the number of plugs I have to pull >>>>>>>> in order to carry it away…I’d move those onboard connections onto
    the empty hub.
    Word is that MS has to wait for an “exclusive” ARM license >>>>>>>> agreement to expire in early 2022 before they can officially >>>>>>>> support W11 to the Apple silicone.

-hh

And then there's this:

'Users cannot replace this laptop’s battery without support. Ask a >>>>>> Dell-authorized technician to install a new battery or use an external
    battery.'

Care to explain?

As I expected...

considered a "professional" type repair but it does not look too hard >>> and am sure I could do it.

The Idiot's implicit claim was that he could deal with too short battery >> life by swapping batteries...

You started a paragraph about battery life and ended it with a sentence about the battery being "userreplaceable" [sic]. Explicitly, sentences

"Battery life, based on some reviews, is about half the 16" MacBook Pro. Tom's Hardware tested both the new Mac models at 14-15 hours. The 9510 tested with the OLED screen from the same source was 7-8 hours. Still a
    You agree that's your original paragraph, don't you, Idiot (the "[sic]" indicating your typo not mine)?

The typo is on me. Battery life is the topic. That last sentence is related. The Dell could need more cycles and wear out faster. But it is easy to replace.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steve Petruzzellis@21:1/5 to Alan on Fri Dec 3 13:14:05 2021
    On Friday, December 3, 2021 at 12:29:24 PM UTC-7, Alan wrote:

the empty hub.

-hh

And then there's this:

battery.'

Care to explain?

As I expected...

The Idiot's implicit claim was that he could deal with too short battery >> life by swapping batteries...

You started a paragraph about battery life and ended it with a sentence about the battery being "userreplaceable" [sic]. Explicitly, sentences

"Battery life, based on some reviews, is about half the 16" MacBook Pro. Tom's Hardware tested both the new Mac models at 14-15 hours. The 9510 tested with the OLED screen from the same source was 7-8 hours. Still a

It's simple to pick by focusing on a few special cases clashing from
    what is something more common like 3d printers. What is more important
    from an advocacy standpoint are the common values. Kelly Phillips failed
    to give a case study of a profitable company that has earned its position
    by not focusing on its customers and wares.

We're all sorry Kelly Phillips's a paranoid, narcissistic, delusional
    liar but that's not gonna change anything <shrug>.

If Commander Kinsey has 'myFile.pdf' open in an application such as
    MS Word and you want to change its name to 'windows.txt' via a preset
    script when connecting to a NFS host, Commander Kinsey's method might
    be of value.

Utter bull by an uninformed, tall-tale telling, manipulative, co-trolling moron who couldn't tell the truth no matter what his socks/shills say.

-
    This broke the Internet! https://www.bing.com/search?q=%22functionally%20illiterate%20fraud%22 https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Steve+Petruzzellis%3A+narcissistic+bigot
    Dustin Cook is a functionally illiterate fraud

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Fri Dec 3 13:25:33 2021
    On Friday, December 3, 2021 at 2:25:04 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
    wrote:
    improvement over the HP.

-hh

Battery life, based on some reviews, is about half the 16" MacBook >>>>> Pro. Tom's Hardware tested both the new Mac models at 14-15 hours. >>>>> The 9510 tested with the OLED screen from the same source was 7-8 >>>>> hours. Still a full day, but nowhere close to the Mac. Good news is >>>>> that about 10 screws hold the battery in and it's userreplaceable. [sic]

And then there's this:

Care to explain?
    As I expected...

And that is the precise machine about which the quote I provided was written, Idiot Liarboy!

Do you see the search string in that URL, Idiot? Are you bright enough
    to decode it? Let me help:

And Dell's official word on the subject is:

LOL at you, asshole.

Of course Dell is going to say that. But WTF is "use an external battery" about?

I watched this during my pre-buy research. Battery replacement is simple and takes about 20 minutes. Nothing is glued in. No fragile hold-down tape to try and stretch and pull out.

An iFixit video with some Apple MacBook comparisons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4IUfNevmCU

"What if we told you that there was a laptop out there almost as sleek and slim as a MacBook Pro without an abysmal repairability score? Well, say hello to the new Dell XPS 15."

You can also easily upgrade the RAM and SSD, replace the screen, keyboard and trackpad. Pretty much everything is screwed in. Result: iFixit 9 out of 10 repairability score. Of course, given the BTO Dell business model you should not be all that
    surprised.

But you will find something to complain about, won't you, asshole?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Fri Dec 3 13:35:37 2021
    On 2021-12-03 1:25 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    On Friday, December 3, 2021 at 2:25:04 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
    On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 11:54:14 PM UTC-5, Alan
    wrote:
    On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 8:32:32 AM UTC-5, -hh
    wrote:
    On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 11:58:32 PM UTC-5,
    Thomas E. wrote:
    All set up and I'm using it now. As quick as the Mac
    for browsing and other general use, a better screen
    than the Mac, but the fans do run under load. Battery
    life is nowhere near the M1 Mac, but what is? Dell
    overall quality is about the same. The trackpad is a
    joy to use. Accurate and has a nice click action. The
    keyboard has a different feel vs. the Mac but is as
    good. All a major improvement over the HP.

Setting up the Dell was a very easy. Copied over the
    data files, installed the apps, and logged into all
    my accounts. Last item now is to recreate the Outlook
    signature files.

The combination of the his-res UHD OLED screen and
    the i9 processor yields a user experience equivalent
    to the 16" M1 Mac. Both are awesome.

And, when I get one more $8 cable from Amazon I'll
    have a dongle/adapter-free computer. The power
    supply, monitor and USB hub will all be USB C. All 3
    onboard USB ports will be used, but my hub has 4
    vacant slots.
    For a laptop, I like to minimize the number of plugs I
    have to pull in order to carry it away…I’d move those
    onboard connections onto the empty hub.
    And, I'm running licensed W11. Every app I had on the
    Mac, or an equivalent, is on here.
    Word is that MS has to wait for an “exclusive” ARM
    license agreement to expire in early 2022 before they
    can officially support W11 to the Apple silicone.
    The HP is off to a new career running flight sims at
    the local high school for the spring semester.
    That’s a bit tight for assuring no infant mortality
    failure risk from the new PC.

-hh

Battery life, based on some reviews, is about half the
    16" MacBook Pro. Tom's Hardware tested both the new Mac
    models at 14-15 hours. The 9510 tested with the OLED
    screen from the same source was 7-8 hours. Still a full
    day, but nowhere close to the Mac. Good news is that
    about 10 screws hold the battery in and it's
    userreplaceable. [sic]

Odd, then, don't you think, that they don't list a spare
    battery among the parts you can purchase for your Dell XPS
    15, isn't it?

That is, assuming you bought the Dell XPS 15 9510: the only
    laptop listed on Dell's site that matches the specs you
    presented.

And then there's this:

'Users cannot replace this laptop’s battery without
    support. Ask a Dell-authorized technician to install a new
    battery or use an external battery.'

Care to explain?
    As I expected...

And that is the precise machine about which the quote I provided
    was written, Idiot Liarboy!

Do you see the search string in that URL, Idiot? Are you bright
    enough to decode it? Let me help:

And Dell's official word on the subject is: 'Users cannot replace
    this laptop’s battery without support. Ask a Dell-authorized
    technician to install a new battery or use an external battery.'

LOL at you, asshole.

Of course Dell is going to say that. But WTF is "use an external
    battery" about?

And your gracious acknowledgement that I was already discussing your
    exact model was... ...where, Idiot?

I watched this during my pre-buy research. Battery replacement is
    simple and takes about 20 minutes. Nothing is glued in. No fragile
    hold-down tape to try and stretch and pull out.

An iFixit video with some Apple MacBook comparisons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4IUfNevmCU

"What if we told you that there was a laptop out there almost as
    sleek and slim as a MacBook Pro without an abysmal repairability
    score? Well, say hello to the new Dell XPS 15."

You can also easily upgrade the RAM and SSD, replace the screen,
    keyboard and trackpad. Pretty much everything is screwed in. Result:
    iFixit 9 out of 10 repairability score. Of course, given the BTO Dell business model you should not be all that surprised.

But you will find something to complain about, won't you, asshole?

But your implication by paragraph structure was that swapping the
    battery was a viable way to achieve greater run time on battery alone.

And that's bullshit, Idiot Liarboy.

You can replace your battery when it's worn out...

...and so can I (and have!) on my MacBook.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Fri Dec 3 13:37:36 2021
    On 2021-12-03 1:07 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    wrote:
    On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 8:32:32 AM UTC-5,
    -hh wrote:
    On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 11:58:32 PM
    UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:
    All set up and I'm using it now. As quick as the
    Mac for browsing and other general use, a better
    screen than the Mac, but the fans do run under
    load. Battery life is nowhere near the M1 Mac,
    but what is? Dell overall quality is about the
    same. The trackpad is a joy to use. Accurate and
    has a nice click action. The keyboard has a
    different feel vs. the Mac but is as good. All a
    major improvement over the HP.

Setting up the Dell was a very easy. Copied over
    the data files, installed the apps, and logged
    into all my accounts. Last item now is to
    recreate the Outlook signature files.

The combination of the his-res UHD OLED screen
    and the i9 processor yields a user experience
    equivalent to the 16" M1 Mac. Both are awesome.

And, when I get one more $8 cable from Amazon
    I'll have a dongle/adapter-free computer. The
    power supply, monitor and USB hub will all be USB
    C. All 3 onboard USB ports will be used, but my
    hub has 4 vacant slots.
    For a laptop, I like to minimize the number of
    plugs I have to pull in order to carry it away…I’d
    move those onboard connections onto the empty hub.
    And, I'm running licensed W11. Every app I had on
    the Mac, or an equivalent, is on here.
    license agreement to expire in early 2022 before
    they can officially support W11 to the Apple
    silicone.
    The HP is off to a new career running flight sims
    at the local high school for the spring
    semester.

-hh

Battery life, based on some reviews, is about half
    the 16" MacBook Pro. Tom's Hardware tested both the
    new Mac models at 14-15 hours. The 9510 tested with
    the OLED screen from the same source was 7-8 hours.
    Still a full day, but nowhere close to the Mac. Good
    news is that about 10 screws hold the battery in and
    it's userreplaceable. [sic]

Odd, then, don't you think, that they don't list a
    spare battery among the parts you can purchase for your
    Dell XPS 15, isn't it?

That is, assuming you bought the Dell XPS 15 9510: the
    only laptop listed on Dell's site that matches the
    specs you presented.

And then there's this:

support. Ask a Dell-authorized technician to install a
    new battery or use an external battery.'

Care to explain?

As I expected...

I have a XPS 15 9550 from Late 2016. When I upgraded the RAM
    I noticed the battery could be replaced without too much
    effort. Just have to take the 10 screws or so off the bottom
    plate to access it. Would be considered a "professional" type
    repair but it does not look too hard and am sure I could do
    it.

The Idiot's implicit claim was that he could deal with too
    short battery life by swapping batteries...

No asshole, it was a swipe at Apple's relatively difficult
    battery replacements in some recent devices.
    Then you should learn to write with better paragraph structure,
    Idiot.

You started a paragraph about battery life and ended it with a
    sentence about the battery being "userreplaceable" [sic].
    Explicitly, sentences in the same paragraph are discussing the same
    topic.

sentences. This main idea is usually introduced in the first
    sentence of the paragraph, called the topic sentence. The idea is
    then developed further through the sentences that follow."

"Battery life, based on some reviews, is about half the 16" MacBook
    that about 10 screws hold the battery in and it's
    userreplaceable.[sic]" You agree that's your original paragraph,
    don't you, Idiot (the "[sic]" indicating your typo not mine)?

The typo is on me. Battery life is the topic. That last sentence is
    related. The Dell could need more cycles and wear out faster. But it
    is easy to replace.

No. "Battery life" only in the sense of hours of use while on battery
    was the topic. Putting your last sentence in the same paragraph makes it implicit that you are presenting a repair procedure as a viable way to
    use the machine on battery for more than 7-8 hours in a day, Idiot.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Fri Dec 3 18:20:22 2021
    On Friday, December 3, 2021 at 4:37:39 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
    wrote:
    -hh wrote:
    UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:

hub has 4 vacant slots.
    plugs I have to pull in order to carry it away…I’d
    move those onboard connections onto the empty hub.
    license agreement to expire in early 2022 before
    silicone.
    semester.

-hh

Dell XPS 15, isn't it?

specs you presented.

And then there's this:

Care to explain?

As I expected...

it.

Idiot.

topic.

The typo is on me. Battery life is the topic. That last sentence is related. The Dell could need more cycles and wear out faster. But it
    is easy to replace.

was the topic. Putting your last sentence in the same paragraph makes it implicit that you are presenting a repair procedure as a viable way to

That was not the intent, Asshole. No one in their right mind could possibly read that intent into that statement. Ergo, you are a bat-shit insane Asshole.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Thomas E. on Fri Dec 3 18:59:42 2021
    On 2021-12-03 6:20 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
    wrote:
    -hh wrote:
    UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:

hub has 4 vacant slots.
    plugs I have to pull in order to carry it away…I’d >>>>>>>>>>>> move those onboard connections onto the empty hub.
    Word is that MS has to wait for an “exclusive” ARM >>>>>>>>>>>> license agreement to expire in early 2022 before
    silicone.
    semester.

-hh

Dell XPS 15, isn't it?

specs you presented.

And then there's this:

Care to explain?

As I expected...

it.

Idiot.

topic.

is easy to replace.

was the topic. Putting your last sentence in the same paragraph makes it
    implicit that you are presenting a repair procedure as a viable way to

That was not the intent, Asshole. No one in their right mind could possibly read that intent into that statement. Ergo, you are a bat-shit insane Asshole.

Did you read the piece I presented to you on paragraph structure?

The paragraph was clearly about the life you could reasonably expect to
    get while operating on battery power, and then you finished by
    suggesting you could swap batteries.

How would anyone know to read it any differently if they didn't
    explicitly research to learn that it was more than you said, and NOT
    simply undoing 10 screws?

Which you got wrong by the way. First you have to undo the 8 screws that
    hold on the back, then use a spudge to release the catches, then you
    have to undo another 8 screws to remove the battery.

Unless you know that there are those other steps, why would one NOT
    assume that you were talking about something you felt was a viable
    method for getting more than 7-8 hours work done before needing to
    connect to power? That was literally what the paragraph started out
    talking about, Idiot.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to Alan on Sat Dec 4 14:57:56 2021
    On Friday, December 3, 2021 at 9:59:46 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
    wrote:
    -hh wrote:
    UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:

power supply, monitor and USB hub will all be USB >>>>>>>>>>>>> C. All 3 onboard USB ports will be used, but my
    hub has 4 vacant slots.
    plugs I have to pull in order to carry it away…I’d >>>>>>>>>>>> move those onboard connections onto the empty hub. >>>>>>>>>>>>> And, I'm running licensed W11. Every app I had on >>>>>>>>>>>>> the Mac, or an equivalent, is on here.
    Word is that MS has to wait for an “exclusive” ARM >>>>>>>>>>>> license agreement to expire in early 2022 before
    silicone.
    The HP is off to a new career running flight sims >>>>>>>>>>>>> at the local high school for the spring
    semester.
    That’s a bit tight for assuring no infant mortality >>>>>>>>>>>> failure risk from the new PC.

-hh

spare battery among the parts you can purchase for your >>>>>>>>>> Dell XPS 15, isn't it?

specs you presented.

And then there's this:

Care to explain?

As I expected...

plate to access it. Would be considered a "professional" type >>>>>>> repair but it does not look too hard and am sure I could do
    it.

Idiot.

Explicitly, sentences in the same paragraph are discussing the same >>>> topic.

"Battery life, based on some reviews, is about half the 16" MacBook >>>> Pro. Tom's Hardware tested both the new Mac models at 14-15 hours.
    hours. Still a full day, but nowhere close to the Mac. Good news is >>>> that about 10 screws hold the battery in and it's

is easy to replace.

was the topic. Putting your last sentence in the same paragraph makes it >> implicit that you are presenting a repair procedure as a viable way to

Which you got wrong by the way. First you have to undo the 8 screws that hold on the back, then use a spudge to release the catches, then you

talking about, Idiot.

Asshole, I doubt you could get a bigger battery to fit. So it's 16 screws. Big deal. Better than the glued in Apple batteries.

iFixIt rates the XPS 9510 at 9 out of 10 for repairability. M1 MacBook? 4 out of 10. And that's an improvement over the prior version.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Stefen Carrolll@21:1/5 to Alan on Sat Dec 4 20:34:55 2021
    On Friday, December 3, 2021 at 7:59:46 PM UTC-7, Alan wrote:
    wrote:
    -hh wrote:
    UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:

power supply, monitor and USB hub will all be USB >>>>>>>>>>>>> C. All 3 onboard USB ports will be used, but my
    hub has 4 vacant slots.
    plugs I have to pull in order to carry it away…I’d >>>>>>>>>>>> move those onboard connections onto the empty hub. >>>>>>>>>>>>> And, I'm running licensed W11. Every app I had on >>>>>>>>>>>>> the Mac, or an equivalent, is on here.
    silicone.
    The HP is off to a new career running flight sims >>>>>>>>>>>>> at the local high school for the spring
    semester.
    That’s a bit tight for assuring no infant mortality >>>>>>>>>>>> failure risk from the new PC.

-hh

spare battery among the parts you can purchase for your >>>>>>>>>> Dell XPS 15, isn't it?

specs you presented.

And then there's this:

Care to explain?

As I expected...

plate to access it. Would be considered a "professional" type >>>>>>> repair but it does not look too hard and am sure I could do
    it.

Idiot.

"Battery life, based on some reviews, is about half the 16" MacBook >>>> Pro. Tom's Hardware tested both the new Mac models at 14-15 hours.
    hours. Still a full day, but nowhere close to the Mac. Good news is >>>> that about 10 screws hold the battery in and it's

is easy to replace.

was the topic. Putting your last sentence in the same paragraph makes it >> implicit that you are presenting a repair procedure as a viable way to

Which you got wrong by the way. First you have to undo the 8 screws that hold on the back, then use a spudge to release the catches, then you

talking about, Idiot.

Wolffan's posts are altogether fully deceitful. There can be no dispute
    that as soon as any recent 'blocked person' does anything to hurt the inferior pansy's feelings that they will be blocked again.

When I first posted, I wanted to be reasonable and unbiased. I gave Wolffan more than a reasonable person should.

And in response you have nothing but an attempt to start more flooding.
    Why does Wolffan focus on his own self-esteem issues so much?

Helping Wolffan and helping Snit isn't the same thing. Nobody should knowingly help Wolffan do anything - except for driving off a cliff, licking hot
    wires, or successfully decapitating himself.

--
    Puppy Videos https://gibiru.com/results.html?q=Dustin+Cook+%22functional+illiterate+fraud%22 https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Dustin+Cook%3A+functional+illiterate+fraud
    Steve 'Narcissistic Bigot' Carroll

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steve Carroll@21:1/5 to Alan on Sat Dec 4 23:29:11 2021
    wrote:
    -hh wrote:
    UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:

hub has 4 vacant slots.
    silicone.
    semester.

-hh

specs you presented.

And then there's this:

Care to explain?

As I expected...

it.

Idiot.

is easy to replace.

talking about, Idiot.

At times, fiction is more valuable than faithful descriptions of reality.

You are eight seconds away from being in my kill file.

BoaterDave: <rqebpk$f4d$1@fretwizzer.eternal-september.org>
    -----
    > An "entire bot"? Meaning you are saying it is part of one?

That's all any of the code demos I've shown Rod Speed
    are, for years now.
    -----

But then BoaterDave flip flops:

BoaterDave: <rqk10g$j1c$1@fretwizzer.eternal-september.org>
    -----
    So... these are "parts" the size of "code snippets", written in
    AS, in this thread, not "the past"
    (drop your drugs off with the police and sober up)."
    -----

BoaterDave starts with "for years now" but then denies that is in the
    past. And BoaterDave insists the code from the past was not tied to bots... directly contradicting themselves.

You hacked it and deleted competing systems and your "professional opinions" lead you to that conclusion, so what? Rod Speed created at least one major circus in the last year or so. Without Linux that would not be possible.

--
    Get Rich Slow
    https://gibiru.com/results.html?q=%22narcissistic%20bigot%22 <https://www.truepeoplesearch.com/results?name=4234911448&Diesel_Gremlin_Dustin_James_Cook>
    Dustin Cook the functionally illiterate fraud

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steve Carroll@21:1/5 to Steve Carroll on Sat Dec 4 23:45:36 2021
    On Sunday, December 5, 2021 at 12:29:13 AM UTC-7, Steve Carroll wrote:
    On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 11:54:14 PM UTC-5, Alan >>>>>>>>> wrote:
    -hh wrote:
    UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:
    All set up and I'm using it now. As quick as the >>>>>>>>>>>>> Mac for browsing and other general use, a better >>>>>>>>>>>>> screen than the Mac, but the fans do run under
    same. The trackpad is a joy to use. Accurate and >>>>>>>>>>>>> has a nice click action. The keyboard has a
    different feel vs. the Mac but is as good. All a >>>>>>>>>>>>> major improvement over the HP.

Setting up the Dell was a very easy. Copied over >>>>>>>>>>>>> the data files, installed the apps, and logged

equivalent to the 16" M1 Mac. Both are awesome. >>>>>>>>>>>>>
    power supply, monitor and USB hub will all be USB >>>>>>>>>>>>> C. All 3 onboard USB ports will be used, but my >>>>>>>>>>>>> hub has 4 vacant slots.
    silicone.
    semester.

-hh

the 16" MacBook Pro. Tom's Hardware tested both the >>>>>>>>>>> new Mac models at 14-15 hours. The 9510 tested with >>>>>>>>>>> the OLED screen from the same source was 7-8 hours. >>>>>>>>>>> Still a full day, but nowhere close to the Mac. Good >>>>>>>>>>> news is that about 10 screws hold the battery in and >>>>>>>>>>> it's userreplaceable. [sic]

That is, assuming you bought the Dell XPS 15 9510: the >>>>>>>>>> only laptop listed on Dell's site that matches the
    specs you presented.

And then there's this:

'Users cannot replace this laptop’s battery without >>>>>>>>>> support. Ask a Dell-authorized technician to install a >>>>>>>>>> new battery or use an external battery.'

Care to explain?

As I expected...

I have a XPS 15 9550 from Late 2016. When I upgraded the RAM >>>>>>> I noticed the battery could be replaced without too much
    effort. Just have to take the 10 screws or so off the bottom >>>>>>> plate to access it. Would be considered a "professional" type >>>>>>> repair but it does not look too hard and am sure I could do >>>>>>> it.

Idiot.

sentence of the paragraph, called the topic sentence. The idea is >>>> then developed further through the sentences that follow."

<https://libguides.newcastle.edu.au/writing-paragraphs/structure> >>>> "Battery life, based on some reviews, is about half the 16" MacBook >>>> Pro. Tom's Hardware tested both the new Mac models at 14-15 hours. >>>> The 9510 tested with the OLED screen from the same source was 7-8 >>>> hours. Still a full day, but nowhere close to the Mac. Good news is >>>> that about 10 screws hold the battery in and it's

The typo is on me. Battery life is the topic. That last sentence is >>> related. The Dell could need more cycles and wear out faster. But it >>> is easy to replace.

No. "Battery life" only in the sense of hours of use while on battery >> was the topic. Putting your last sentence in the same paragraph makes it
    implicit that you are presenting a repair procedure as a viable way to >> use the machine on battery for more than 7-8 hours in a day, Idiot.

The paragraph was clearly about the life you could reasonably expect to get while operating on battery power, and then you finished by

explicitly research to learn that it was more than you said, and NOT simply undoing 10 screws?

connect to power? That was literally what the paragraph started out talking about, Idiot.
    At times, fiction is more valuable than faithful descriptions of reality.

You are eight seconds away from being in my kill file.

BoaterDave: <rqebpk$f4d$1...@fretwizzer.eternal-september.org>
    -----
    An "entire bot"? Meaning you are saying it is part of one?

That's all any of the code demos I've shown Rod Speed
    are, for years now.
    -----

But then BoaterDave flip flops:

BoaterDave: <rqk10g$j1c$1...@fretwizzer.eternal-september.org>
    -----
    So... these are "parts" the size of "code snippets", written in
    AS, in this thread, not "the past"
    (drop your drugs off with the police and sober up)."
    -----

BoaterDave starts with "for years now" but then denies that is in the
    past. And BoaterDave insists the code from the past was not tied to bots... directly contradicting themselves.

You hacked it and deleted competing systems and your "professional opinions" lead you to that conclusion, so what? Rod Speed created at least one major circus in the last year or so. Without Linux that would not be possible.

--
    Get Rich Slow
    https://gibiru.com/results.html?q=%22narcissistic%20bigot%22 <https://www.truepeoplesearch.com/results?name=4234911448&Diesel_Gremlin_Dustin_James_Cook>
    Dustin Cook the functionally illiterate fraud

https://secure.tennesseetrustee.org/index.php?main=Y

Select Sullivan County
    Select Pay/Search Property Taxes
    Enter 108 Warrior Drive
    On second line click View

Why does Dustin Cook's family owe $4,742.45 in property taxes on a home
    worth only $115,500

Rodney Wood has been a bad boy it seems!

--
    What Every Entrepreneur Must Know https://prescott-arizona.janbarham.org.au/yavapai-college-library-202.html/ https://www.realtyhop.com/property-records/search?q=glasser%2C+michael https://az-gycc.org/category/gycc/
    Narcissistic Bigot Steve Carroll

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05