• Lenovo T560 intermittent screen flickering....?

From Randall Shimizu@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jun 16 04:29:48 2019
    I am experiencing intermittent screen flickering issues on my Lenovo T569 laptop.....? The odd thing is that the problem is acting like both a hardware and software issue.....? Every once in awhile the mouse pointer will go away and screen will flicker
    until I reboot the laptop.I am fairly certain somethng is loose because when I shake the laptop the video will flicker as well. The odd thing thing is that this does not happen all the time...? Already tried reloading the drivers and this has not
    resolved the problems...? Also noticed that the screen flickers during the boot process so makes me think it is hardware related.

I have a touch display and the screen is very expensive. So can I use a non touch display..? I am fairly certain the video card is built into the motherboard. I am also thinking of using a higher resolution screen can I use that one instead....?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Adrian Caspersz@21:1/5 to Randall Shimizu on Mon Jun 17 00:07:39 2019
    On 16/06/2019 12:29, Randall Shimizu wrote:
    I am experiencing intermittent screen flickering issues on my Lenovo T569 laptop.....? The odd thing is that the problem is acting like both a hardware and software issue.....? Every once in awhile the mouse pointer will go away and screen will
    flicker until I reboot the laptop.I am fairly certain somethng is loose because when I shake the laptop the video will flicker as well. The odd thing thing is that this does not happen all the time...? Already tried reloading the drivers and this has not
    resolved the problems...? Also noticed that the screen flickers during the boot process so makes me think it is hardware related.
    I have a touch display and the screen is very expensive. So can I
    use a non touch display..? I am fairly certain the video card is built
    into the motherboard. I am also thinking of using a higher resolution
    screen can I use that one instead....?

Mouse pointer disappearing is odd. A cable fault or a faulty screen
    won't be responsible for that.

Connect an external monitor and see if the same happens.

Also boot a liveCD (ubuntu) and check likewise.

I fear your issues are on the mainboard :-(

--
    Adrian C

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)