• Updates from Sine Nomine Software

From Graham Pickles@21:1/5 to Matthew Phillips on Thu May 13 11:14:04 2021
    Having wrestled with downloading and using a Microsoft program
    at length (and failing !) it was a delight to have simple and clear instructions which enabled me to quickly update my previous copy of
    RiscOSM and also to download/instal Recce for the first time. I shall
    find both these Risc programs very useful on a current personal project.

Well done Matthew and Hilary - others (e.g. Microsoft) could usefully
    learn from you about instructions on how to proceed.

Regards,

In message <ap.2519b2592b.a701a0a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk>
    Matthew Phillips <spam2011m@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

This weekend Sine Nomine Software has released some further updates to >software, first announced at the Wakefield Show.

----

Impact 3.60 relational database and ImpEmail 1.20 email merge

A new display of field definitions for databases is the main new feature, but >there are several other improvements, including better interpretation of >dates when just two digits are entered for the year. ImpEmail gains Bcc, >Reply-To and Sender fields, and the editor is improved so that >triple-clicking selects an entire merge command.

This is a free upgrade for existing users available from the Impact web pages >https://sinenomine.co.uk/software/impact/

----

RiscOSM 2.02 vector mapping software

Version 2.00 of RiscOSM was released a fortnight ago, and this is the second >traditional post-show bug fix release. Version 2.00 introduced a new map data >format and changes which speed up map loading and rendering, particularly for >small-scale maps. It is a chargeable update available from the RiscOSM web >pages:
    https://sinenomine.co.uk/software/riscosm/

Version 2.02 adds

* two more small speed enhancements
    * corrections to interpretation of normal/daylight-saving time for tracks
    * bug fixes, including a crash when saving pins as KML, and the inclusion of
    waypoints when saving as a Draw file.

----

Recce 1.05

Recce is a helper application for RiscOSM which allows photos and other data >to be fetched from web-based sources. Version 1.05 is a small update to >version 1.04 which was released the day of the Wakefield Show and which adds >weather forecasts to the data accessible from RiscOSM. Version 1.04 is a >chargeable update. See the RiscOSM upgrade page for ordering details.

----

Important note about CPUClock

We have had several reports of strange errors in RiscOSM over the past couple >of months. These have been tracked down to a faulty version of CPUClock which >was corrupting the floating point environment. If you have CPUClock 2.08, >please upgrade to CPUClock 2.09. Many thanks to Chris Johnson for tracking >down this issue quickly. >http://www.chrisjohnson.plus.com/software/cpuclock.html

----

SuperDoku 1.32

A new version of SuperDoku, the puzzle generator and solver, has received a >small update: literally adding an equals sign to one line of the source code. >This corrects a bug which meant the software was unable to solve the Hard >Futoshiki puzzle in the 23 April Guardian Weekly. Other puzzles may have been >affected too. Actually the hints have been improved as well, so it was a bit >more than a single equals sign. See our general software page for the >download.
    https://sinenomine.co.uk/software/#superdoku

--
    Graham Pickles
    If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving. (Henry Youngman)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Matthew Phillips@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 18 07:40:18 2021
    In message <89d2eb2b59.graham@graham.durain.uk>
    on 13 May 2021 Graham Pickles wrote:

Having wrestled with downloading and using a Microsoft program
    at length (and failing !) it was a delight to have simple and clear instructions which enabled me to quickly update my previous copy of
    RiscOSM and also to download/instal Recce for the first time. I shall
    find both these Risc programs very useful on a current personal project.

Well done Matthew and Hilary - others (e.g. Microsoft) could usefully
    learn from you about instructions on how to proceed.

I'm glad you found the process straightforward.

--
    Matthew Phillips
    Sine Nomine Software
    Durham

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)