• Can I sue HP for losing my Hard Drive

From Boodas0121@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 18 05:43:58 2022
    My Laptop was sent to HP under warranty with a mechanically failed HD. Before shipping the unit I spoke to a rep. from HP who, sent a request to the HP repair center, and then assured me it was no problem to get my old HD back after they replaced it. HP
    rep. then issued me a case #, shipped me a box with packing and a product problem form which I filled out, On this form I also requested my old drive back. I also enclosed a separate letter in the box requesting my old HD back and explained to them that
    I had contacted data recovery services , to obtain my data from the old Hard Drive. I now find out that when I mailed it to the HP repair center in California, then the repair center in California sent it to Mexico to be repaired. As it stands my old
    Hard Drive is gone, and so is all my data that was on it.I have all the documentation , and phone calls to back up what I am saying. I would never have sent the Laptop for repairs if an HP rep. hadn't assured me that I could get my old HD back. To me HP
    should resolve this issue, but 2 months later I'm still getting a run around from HP's rep.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)