• (RPG) Using Control Breaks with Exterally Defined Files

From intansya95@gmail.com@21:1/5 to CRPence on Mon Feb 25 23:18:56 2019
    On Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 12:09:08 AM UTC+8, CRPence wrote:
    On 14-Aug-2015 04:47 -0600, baluas400@gmail.com wrote:
    On Saturday, January 29, 2000 at 1:30:00 PM UTC+5:30, Paul Bomboy wrote:
    If anyone knows an easy way to use Control Breaks L1-L9 with an
    externally described file, please let me know.

I have tried may different ways. (i.e. Data Structures, Etc)

I cannot seem to figure out what I am doing wrong..

Thanks in advance

Hi any one post the simple RPG PGM for level break indicator

FWiW the web search
    [https://www.google.com/search?q=rpg+level+break+example]
    yielded [http://www.jaymoseley.com/hercules/rpgtutor/rpg016.htm], among presumably, several others.

--
    Regards, Chuck

HI DO YOU HAVE A SIMPLE EXAMPLE FOR LEVEL BREAK IN EXTERNALLY DESC PRINTER FILE?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Buck@21:1/5 to intan...@gmail.com on Tue Feb 26 17:01:17 2019
    On Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 2:18:58 AM UTC-5, intan...@gmail.com wrote:

HI DO YOU HAVE A SIMPLE EXAMPLE FOR LEVEL BREAK IN EXTERNALLY DESC PRINTER FILE?

There is nothing special about level breaks and printer files. Just WRITE the appropriate record format at the appropriate time, for example

if *inl1;
    write l1Detail;
    endif;

Total time is a bit harder, because if can't be done in /free; you'll need a genuine C-specification:

Cl1 write l1Total

Hope that helps.
    --buck

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From intansya95@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Buck on Tue Mar 12 20:03:15 2019
    On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 9:01:19 AM UTC+8, Buck wrote:

There is nothing special about level breaks and printer files. Just WRITE the appropriate record format at the appropriate time, for example

if *inl1;
    write l1Detail;
    endif;

Total time is a bit harder, because if can't be done in /free; you'll need a genuine C-specification:

Cl1 write l1Total

Hope that helps.
    --buck

Can we have statement before do loop ? Im putting 01 at conditioning indicator and do at operation. When I try to debug after the enddo it will go back to the statement before the do. Can i know why ?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jonathan Bailey@21:1/5 to intan...@gmail.com on Wed Mar 13 05:56:22 2019
    On Wednesday, 13 March 2019 03:03:17 UTC, intan...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 9:01:19 AM UTC+8, Buck wrote:

if *inl1;
    write l1Detail;
    endif;

Cl1 write l1Total

Hope that helps.
    --buck

Can we have statement before do loop ? Im putting 01 at conditioning indicator and do at operation. When I try to debug after the enddo it will go back to the statement before the do. Can i know why ?

I personally never liked conditioning indicators on if or do statements. What does it mean? Turn only the condition on or off or the whole code block?
    When computers only had a few kilobytes of memory this form of programming was well matched to the limited resources, but nowadays you should probably re-write from scratch.

One thing which I have seen a lot of is that the program object and source code do not match. This often makes the line numbers not line up, and so the program loops back to a different line in the program source. If you dont know how do "dspobjd library/
    program *pgm" and note the change date & time. Then "dspfd library/sourcefile" and note the date & time of the member.
    If you are using modules then dsppgm will give you info on these.

My advice, post your question and a snippet of your code into a new thread. This might entice people to look at it instead of spotting its a 19 year old thread and going somewhere else.

Jonathan

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05