• Calculated field in a Subfile

From Efrain Gomez@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 12 11:48:10 2018
    Hello All,

I am trying to include a calculated field in a Subfile’s field, this field is not connected with any database field. My issue is that my logic is not working as I though, the lines are written only with the first calculation, I would like to inquire
    if this kind of implementation it is allowed ?

Thanks for any update on this,
    Efrain

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jonathan Bailey@21:1/5 to Efrain Gomez on Thu Sep 13 04:56:45 2018
    Calculated how? Like total value=unit price * qty?
    This works fine. You simply perform the calculation with the target as the field in the subfile then write it out & loop to the next entry.
    I am going to guess you are magically clearing the field or setting an indicator for dspatr(nd). In 5250 I think a certain combination like HI,UL,BL caused ND, regardless of RI or CS. On a colour screen these attributes are hijacked so it might not be so
    big an issue. Emulations may change things too. You can easily write a little program to show how all the combinations look on your h/w

Jonathan

On Wednesday, 12 September 2018 19:48:11 UTC+1, Efrain Gomez wrote:
    Hello All,

I am trying to include a calculated field in a Subfile’s field, this field is not connected with any database field. My issue is that my logic is not working as I though, the lines are written only with the first calculation, I would like to
    inquire if this kind of implementation it is allowed ?

Thanks for any update on this,
    Efrain

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)