• NTP Service won't start TCP9140

From Nathan Pieken@21:1/5 to All on Fri Dec 3 08:25:22 2021
    I can't get our NTP service to start and I am tired of having to update the time ever few months. I get everything put in and when i try and start the service it give me the NTP Service not started tcp9140. I can't seem to find anything on this. I also
    notice that in INAV i can't get it to save to NTP from SNTP. Everything else will save. It looks like it saves it but when i go back in SNTP is selected. Thanks for the help.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From status unknown@21:1/5 to npi...@gmail.com on Sat Dec 4 04:53:00 2021
    On Friday, December 3, 2021 at 10:25:24 AM UTC-6, npi...@gmail.com wrote:
    I can't get our NTP service to start and I am tired of having to update the time ever few months. I get everything put in and when i try and start the service it give me the NTP Service not started tcp9140. I can't seem to find anything on this. I also
    notice that in INAV i can't get it to save to NTP from SNTP. Everything else will save. It looks like it saves it but when i go back in SNTP is selected. Thanks for the help.

I trust you've read this one : https://www.itechsol.com/the-importance-of-being-on-time-how-to-configure-the-ntp-client-on-ibm-i/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Nathan Pieken@21:1/5 to status unknown on Mon Dec 6 12:00:04 2021
    On Saturday, December 4, 2021 at 6:53:02 AM UTC-6, status unknown wrote:
    On Friday, December 3, 2021 at 10:25:24 AM UTC-6, npi...@gmail.com wrote:
    I can't get our NTP service to start and I am tired of having to update the time ever few months. I get everything put in and when i try and start the service it give me the NTP Service not started tcp9140. I can't seem to find anything on this. I
    also notice that in INAV i can't get it to save to NTP from SNTP. Everything else will save. It looks like it saves it but when i go back in SNTP is selected. Thanks for the help.
    I trust you've read this one : https://www.itechsol.com/the-importance-of-being-on-time-how-to-configure-the-ntp-client-on-ibm-i/
    That is what i followed. just can't get it to save to ntp or get it to start the service.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Roberto Tempesti@21:1/5 to All on Tue Dec 7 16:53:32 2021
    Il 03/12/2021 17:25, Nathan Pieken ha scritto:

Look at the previous messages, you will find the actual error code.

--
    The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a
    soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an
    idea.

“Alles hat ein Ende, nur die Wurst hat zwei”

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05