• Importing as/400 file info to excel

From adityabadhe619@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 22 08:05:27 2019
    hi, i'm in a data migration project which involve As400. I need to prepare a log info of the data schema, that is the File description like Field Name, Data Type, Field Length, Start Position, Alias Field Name. I need to import this info into excel.
    Could you help me with this?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Frederick P.@21:1/5 to adityab...@gmail.com on Wed Apr 22 13:24:09 2020
    On Thursday, August 22, 2019 at 11:05:30 AM UTC-4, adityab...@gmail.com wrote:
    hi, i'm in a data migration project which involve As400. I need to prepare a log info of the data schema, that is the File description like Field Name, Data Type, Field Length, Start Position, Alias Field Name. I need to import this info into excel.
    Could you help me with this?

Hi!
    You can do this pretty easily with a couple of commands. Unfourtunately, you will have to write a CL program or script to loop through the files in the librarie(s).

DSPFD library/file *OUTFILE *LIBL/FILEDESCRIPTIONS (Whatever you want to call it, it will give you the create/change dates etc.)

DSPFFD library/file *OUTFILE *LIBL/FILEFIELDS (This will give you the fields, type and length)

DSPDBR library/file *OUTFILE *LIBL/DBRELATIONS (This will give you logicals attached to a physical and any Dependancies).

There's a few other tricks too. You can just download these table into Excel/CSV through Navigator for i or you can press the download button on the toolbar or the 5250 Emulator (Green Screen), the old or the new Java version.

Thanks

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)