• AS4000 TCP/IP configuration

From giftedtechnology@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 23 13:49:18 2018
    Hi all,

We just picked up an as400 server to learn how it stores data on its file system. Boy, this thing has a learning curve. I was able to install i5 v5r3 from disc. I found this tutorial which i followed.

http://www.easy400.net/tcpcfgh/page02.mbr

I can successfully ping localhost and the as400 ip address i set but i cannot ping any other computers on our network. TCP services are installed and on. Does anyone have any thoughts? I dont need routing outside of our network, just local. Thanks to
    anyone who can help.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From CENTRINO@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 24 12:56:11 2018
    El 23/07/2018 a las 21:49, giftedtechnology@gmail.com escribió:
    Hi all,

We just picked up an as400 server to learn how it stores data on its file system. Boy, this thing has a learning curve. I was able to install i5 v5r3 from disc. I found this tutorial which i followed.

http://www.easy400.net/tcpcfgh/page02.mbr

I can successfully ping localhost and the as400 ip address i set but i cannot ping any other computers on our network. TCP services are installed and on. Does anyone have any thoughts? I dont need routing outside of our network, just local. Thanks to
    anyone who can help.

Have you tried to verify that the correct Ethernet adapter is connected
    - plugged? Some machines have more than one Ethernet adapter.

Try wrkcfgsts *lin and verify that your Ethernet adapter is active ...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From giftedtechnology@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 24 05:34:06 2018
    Thanks for the reply. Everything is verified, on, and working. Before I left the office last night I took the server and another machine and put them on their own network with a different ip and the workstation was able to ping and attempt to access the
    ftp on the as400. The as400 could not ping the workstation however. I'm going to further look into this rather than attempt to integrate it into our current network.will post back later today when I get this separate network fully setup.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David Edwards@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 24 12:08:06 2018
    Putting the server and workstation on its own network solved the issues. I can connect with the navigator now. Almost everything works but when i go to disk units i get a port error? Any ideas to why? It seems everything that should be needed is working.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From CENTRINO@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 25 13:43:48 2018
    El 24/07/2018 a las 20:08, David Edwards escribió:
    Putting the server and workstation on its own network solved the issues. I can connect with the navigator now. Almost everything works but when i go to disk units i get a port error? Any ideas to why? It seems everything that should be needed is
    working.

Try to apply the latest cumulative PTFs to the system bat also, before that, upgrade Iseries Access with it's latest service pack from:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/as400/products/clientaccess/win32/

Make sure to select the latest service pack for the same version running in the PC, may be, that you have the OS in V5R3M0 but the PC
    Iseries access is on V5R4M0 so, watch it out.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David Edwards@21:1/5 to CENTRINO on Wed Jul 25 07:09:01 2018
    On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 8:43:36 AM UTC-4, CENTRINO wrote:
    El 24/07/2018 a las 20:08, David Edwards escribió:
    Putting the server and workstation on its own network solved the issues. I can connect with the navigator now. Almost everything works but when i go to disk units i get a port error? Any ideas to why? It seems everything that should be needed is
    working.

Try to apply the latest cumulative PTFs to the system bat also, before that, upgrade Iseries Access with it's latest service pack from:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/as400/products/clientaccess/win32/

Make sure to select the latest service pack for the same version running in the PC, may be, that you have the OS in V5R3M0 but the PC
    Iseries access is on V5R4M0 so, watch it out.

I applied the SP from

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/as400/products/clientaccess/win32/v5r3m0/servicepack/si30707/

it did not make a difference. I still get the error cwbc01011 when trying to load disk units in Navigator. CWBping passes all checks. Will look into applying PTFs. Do you do consulting or remote assistance? If so can you email me dbecfl@gmail.com?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05