• Retriever

From Thomas Milius@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 26 11:28:22 2021
    I am pleased to announce a new commercial application for RISC OS called Retriever which I wrote during the last months.

Retriever is a program that helps you to find documents containing desired terms or fulfilling other criteria quickly.

To be able to do so Retriever must first analyse the documents it is to
    search which may take a while. The kind of a document is determined by its
    type (this means RISC OS file type). For each type of document a certain so called parser is required which parses the document, extracts parts out of it and passes these parts which are called elements to one or more so called archivers which note the occurrence of such an element for a document inside
    an internal database. Elements are of a certain type. Every parser can handle one or more RISC OS file types and every archiver can cope with one or more element types. Parsers are allowed to extract documents out of documents.
    These subdocuments are also analysed by Retriever in case that an according parser is available. The content of the subdocuments is logically assigned to the document out of which it was extracted.

After documents have been analysed you are able to search for the documents
    by entering search criteria. All entered criteria must be fulfilled by a document so that it is shown inside the result list. There is a separate
    input mask for every element type to enter the desired criteria. The desired criteria are passed internally to the archivers which are trying to find the related documents. The result list is a HTML-document which shows a list of
    the documents fulfilling all of the requested criteria.

Retriever costs 47.60 EUR incl. MWst. (19%) in the Federal Republic of
    Germany and 48 EUR incl. VAT (20%) in Great Britain.

You can obtain detailed information about Retriever from the homepage of my company

http://www.stader-softwareentwicklung-gmbh.com.de/indexE.htm

or the German version

http://www.stader-softwareentwicklung-gmbh.com.de/index.htm

section RISC OS Software

There you can also download the manual.

In case you have any questions about the program please contact me by email:

Verwaltung@stader-softwareentwicklung-gmbh.com.de

Best Regards

Thomas Milius

_______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce.
    Submissions to csaa@owlart.net
    Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)