• HistoryFS

From Thomas Milius@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 12 12:56:19 2021
    I have just released a new Freeware which I called HistoryFS.

HistoryFS is an image filing system implementing a simple document management system without the ability to control check in/check out of documents.

In general you can simply store files and directories inside another file
    (the image file). However if you are deleting or overwriting a file this old version of the file is kept internally in the image file. HistoryFS
    internally assigns an id to every file and tracks when a file has been
    created or deleted. Additionally you may assign other files to a file. I am calling this tags.

I wrote it to implement an archive. You can also make usage of the tags. Eg. you want to assign some data to a PDF file you just generated. So you could create a text file containing eg. customer, document date. Later you can
    search this text tag files by a program like eg. TextSeek.

You can also store the content of your webpages inside a HistoryFS image
    file. During the time the pages will change. Simply adapt the content of the according HistoryFS image file then. However one time you want to know which content your webpages had at a certain point of time. Then you are telling HistoryFS the desired point of time by defining a so called filter.
    Afterwards HistoryFS will show you the content of the image file at that time and you can compare the files with its actual pendants by eg. using DirSync.

HistoryFS can be either downloaded from my homepage

http://thomas-milius-stade.dnshome.de/indexE.htm

or from !Store.

Best Regards

Thomas Milius

_______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce.
    Submissions to csaa@owlart.net
    Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)