• LA36 problem

From joe.meyer@southerncontrols.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 14 17:54:59 2018
    Anyone know or remember what will make the paper out indicator stay on ?? I jumpered out the paper out switch and the cover guard with no luck.

I just downloaded the print set for the terminal and guess ill start looking at this.

thanks for an help you may lend.

Joe

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Scott Dorsey@21:1/5 to joe.meyer@southerncontrols.com on Fri Jun 15 09:24:47 2018
    In article <429a7032-4fbe-4f32-97b3-95c3d68aa17f@googlegroups.com>,
    <joe.meyer@southerncontrols.com> wrote:
    Anyone know or remember what will make the paper out indicator stay on ?? I jumpered out the paper out switch and the cover guard with no luck.

I just downloaded the print set for the terminal and guess ill start looking at this.

First of all, follow the cable from the switch to the MPC board and make sure it's undamaged and the connector J2 on the board end hasn't come loose.

Then, get the service manual and go to page 291.... the output of that switch is debounced and produces a signal called MPC8 READY H which you can read
    on TPV20. If that isn't going high properly, it's the debouncing logic.

This signal goes to two places, one on page MPC6, where it tells the UART to stop accepting data, and the other on MPC5 where it shuts off DTR.

Hmm... the manual doesn't actually have any indicator listed.... this is interesting...
    --scott

--
    "C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From joe.meyer@southerncontrols.com@21:1/5 to joe....@southerncontrols.com on Wed Jul 4 21:58:39 2018
    On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 7:55:00 PM UTC-5, joe....@southerncontrols.com wrote:

Joe

Well tanks for all the help.

Seems that the carrage motor had the brushes stuck and would not run. It apparently moves the carrage home on powerup and if it does not make it on time thenthe paper out error is generated as a system error.

Took the motor apart and bent the brush holders apart and freed up the brushes , put it back together and it worked. now the ribbon wont advance but that is all mechanical.

Hope this helps someone else.

thanks to all
    Joe

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05