• DS10L environmental and tempertature lights

From sdloveless@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Aug 4 19:32:42 2018
    Hello,

I recently acquired a DS10L. After pressing the power button on the front panel, the power, temperature and environmental lights all come on simultaneously. The fans all come on. There are no audible beeps. The terminal returns this:

*** keyboard not plugged in...
    1024 Meg of system memory
    probing hose 0, PCI
    probing PCI-to-ISA bridge, bus 1
    bus 0, slot 9 -- ewa -- DE500-BA Network Controller
    bus 0, slot 11 -- ewb -- DE500-BA Network Controller
    bus 0, slot 13 -- dqa -- Acer Labs M1543C IDE
    bus 0, slot 13 -- dqb -- Acer Labs M1543C IDE
    initializing GCT/FRU at 3ff40000
    Testing the System

And then after 30 seconds it powers off. If I bring up the RMC prompt and enter the Status command before it shuts off, I can see that the fans and power supply are all OK. So far, I've not seen the temperature get above 27C. The first time I looked
    at Platform Status, the Last Alert was "AC Loss". I cleared that, powered it back on, and now the Last Alert is "System is down".

Aside from what's listed above, this has a 466MHz processor, floppy and cd drive, adaptec SCSI controller (I've tried with and without the SCSI card installed), and no hard disk.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From sdloveless@gmail.com@21:1/5 to sdlov...@gmail.com on Fri Aug 10 07:56:53 2018
    On Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 10:32:43 PM UTC-4, sdlov...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello,

I recently acquired a DS10L. After pressing the power button on the front panel, the power, temperature and environmental lights all come on simultaneously. The fans all come on. There are no audible beeps. The terminal returns this:

*** keyboard not plugged in...
    1024 Meg of system memory
    probing hose 0, PCI
    probing PCI-to-ISA bridge, bus 1
    bus 0, slot 9 -- ewa -- DE500-BA Network Controller
    bus 0, slot 11 -- ewb -- DE500-BA Network Controller
    bus 0, slot 13 -- dqa -- Acer Labs M1543C IDE
    bus 0, slot 13 -- dqb -- Acer Labs M1543C IDE
    initializing GCT/FRU at 3ff40000
    Testing the System

And then after 30 seconds it powers off. If I bring up the RMC prompt and enter the Status command before it shuts off, I can see that the fans and power supply are all OK. So far, I've not seen the temperature get above 27C. The first time I looked
    at Platform Status, the Last Alert was "AC Loss". I cleared that, powered it back on, and now the Last Alert is "System is down".

Aside from what's listed above, this has a 466MHz processor, floppy and cd drive, adaptec SCSI controller (I've tried with and without the SCSI card installed), and no hard disk.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

A new CPU fan solved this problem.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)