• cyberpunk 2077

From Praetor Mandrake@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 29 15:53:09 2022
    This looks interesting, will it run at 60 FPS on my computer?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Justisaur@21:1/5 to eighty...@gmail.com on Thu Jun 30 07:35:46 2022
    On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 3:53:11 PM UTC-7, eighty...@gmail.com wrote:

What's your computer's specs?

I can tell you I'm running average about 45 fps per the benchmark at 1080p on a RTX 3060 TI, but I'm running mostly on high settings. I had to do some optimization
    to get that, It was running about 25 on benchmarks before that. It seemed fine until I was driving around in the city though. I did turn down crowd density after I had 45 as the sheer number of people on the streets was getting annoying
    and I think that helped too, but haven't run the benchmark again.

The biggest optimization I found was turning on win 10 (also in 11) game mode on within windows setting if you haven't done that already.

- Justisaur

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Praetor Mandrake@21:1/5 to Justisaur on Thu Jun 30 17:22:05 2022
    On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 9:35:48 AM UTC-5, Justisaur wrote:
    On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 3:53:11 PM UTC-7, eighty...@gmail.com wrote:

I can tell you I'm running average about 45 fps per the benchmark at 1080p on a
    RTX 3060 TI, but I'm running mostly on high settings. I had to do some optimization
    to get that, It was running about 25 on benchmarks before that. It seemed fine
    until I was driving around in the city though. I did turn down crowd density after I had 45 as the sheer number of people on the streets was getting annoying

The biggest optimization I found was turning on win 10 (also in 11) game mode on within windows setting if you haven't done that already.

- Justisaur

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Praetor Mandrake@21:1/5 to Justisaur on Thu Jun 30 17:38:28 2022
    On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 3:53:11 PM UTC-7, Praetor Mandrake wrote:

Not very impressive. I'm worried about my fan because it sometimes shows up in the
    diagnostics at a fan test.

RTX 3060 TI, but I'm running mostly on high settings. I had to do some optimization
    until I was driving around in the city though. I did turn down crowd density after I had 45 as the sheer number of people on the streets was getting annoying

I was mostly asking in general if it is a 60 FPS game. That's what I'd like to see is a game
    that responds like a boss. It's not impossible. I got Space Empires V working at 61 FPS.

Sounds useful, if I can figure out the specifics. I know the shortcut, therefore I am
    halfway there.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Praetor Mandrake@21:1/5 to Praetor Mandrake on Thu Jun 30 18:02:11 2022
    On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 7:38:31 PM UTC-5, Praetor Mandrake wrote:
    On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 3:53:11 PM UTC-7, Praetor Mandrake wrote:
    Not very impressive. I'm worried about my fan because it sometimes shows up in the
    diagnostics at a fan test.
    until I was driving around in the city though. I did turn down crowd density
    after I had 45 as the sheer number of people on the streets was getting annoying
    I was mostly asking in general if it is a 60 FPS game. That's what I'd like to see is a game
    that responds like a boss. It's not impossible. I got Space Empires V working at 61 FPS.

The Talos Principle runs at 45 FPS. It is one of the more responsive games I've seen. I
    guess I can handle 45 FPS, but anything less is going to start getting on my nerves. My
    friends like great graphics, I like efficient framing. I've played games longer than them.
    It's not about a shiny object anymore, it's about doing something in a sufficiently realistic
    environment without lag. I'm more excited about a pointer that follows the mouse than
    just about anything else.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Werner P.@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jul 1 08:15:16 2022
    Am 01.07.22 um 03:02 schrieb Praetor Mandrake:
    The Talos Principle runs at 45 FPS. It is one of the more responsive games I've seen. I
    guess I can handle 45 FPS, but anything less is going to start getting on my nerves. My
    friends like great graphics, I like efficient framing. I've played games longer than them.
    It's not about a shiny object anymore, it's about doing something in a sufficiently realistic
    environment without lag. I'm more excited about a pointer that follows the mouse than
    just about anything else.
    theoretically you can run any game at 60fps you just need to adapt the
    graphics settings, Cyberpunk is not the exception there, you wont be
    able to run it on high, medium no ray tracing there is a chance, low
    very likely, given my steam deck can do it in low 2 medium settings,
    given you dont give the specs thats all I can say about it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Werner P.@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jul 1 08:13:41 2022
    Am 30.06.22 um 00:53 schrieb Praetor Mandrake:
    depends on the computer and graphics settings

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05