• HP-35S uses up batteries in three days

From burker72@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 30 20:21:54 2019
    I have an HP-35S, and it is great. The only problem, which I didn't figure out until it was too late to return the machine, is that it uses up a set of batteries in about three days. Apparently, something is draining the batteries even when the machine
    is turned off.

Any thoughts or ideas? I really don't want to just buy another one.

--RJB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Hic quondam locutus sum@21:1/5 to burker72@gmail.com on Wed May 8 13:45:10 2019
    On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 20:21:54 -0700 (PDT), burker72@gmail.com wrote:

I have an HP-35S, and it is great. The only problem, which I didn't figure out until it was too late to return the machine, is that it uses up a set of batteries in about three days. Apparently, something is draining the batteries even when the machine
    is turned off.

--RJB

If you're referring to the Kinpo manufactured HP-35S which was introduced in 2007, then I have no idea without a schematic. I think you'd get more answers if
    you posted your question to the HP Museum forums : http://www.hpmuseum.org/

Regards,

Hic quondam locutus sum --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Send e-mails to "NOhp48 Sat Palephnaught Adot Morg"

( Remove the capitalized letters spelling "NOSPAM" )

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hic quondam locutus sum@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 8 13:56:13 2019
    On Wed, 08 May 2019 13:45:10 -0500, Hic quondam locutus sum <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 20:21:54 -0700 (PDT), burker72@gmail.com wrote:

is turned off.

--RJB

If you're referring to the Kinpo manufactured HP-35S which was introduced in >2007, then I have no idea without a schematic. I think you'd get more answers if
    you posted your question to the HP Museum forums : http://www.hpmuseum.org/

I found the following : https://www.embedded.com/design/mcus-processors-and-socs/4007500/1/Tear-Down-Scientific-calculator-boils-design-down-to-two-ICs
    . Maybe it would be of some help to you. You probably have a bad voltage regulator or some supporting circuitry like a diode or capacitor that is malfunctioning, but, I'm not all familiar with the HP-35S's internals, I wouldn't know for sure.

Hic quondam locutus sum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Send e-mails to "NOhp48 Sat Palephnaught Adot Morg"

( Remove the capitalized letters spelling "NOSPAM" )

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05