• Damaged LCD

From Hariel@21:1/5 to All on Sat Dec 4 04:21:10 2021
    Hi everyone, my hp48SX has a dark LCD almost without any contrast. Plus it got a vertical dark ribbon in the middle of a display and (yep more), a dead pixel line in the horizontal.
    Do you know where I can find a new display for it ? (or at least a refurbished one in good condition)?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Irl@21:1/5 to hari...@gmail.com on Sat Dec 4 07:43:49 2021
    I wonder whether it's just poor contact between the driver and the display. Poor contrast could be a bad ground contact and missing columns/rows could be poor contacts with the corresponding pads. I don't know whether the display is contacted with some
    kind of pressure-sensitive pad rather than a soldered connection to the driver, but if that is the case then disassembly and contact cleaning might help. I hope someone who actually knows how it's constructed will chime in here.
    On Saturday, December 4, 2021 at 7:21:11 AM UTC-5, hari...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi everyone, my hp48SX has a dark LCD almost without any contrast. Plus it got a vertical dark ribbon in the middle of a display and (yep more), a dead pixel line in the horizontal.
    Do you know where I can find a new display for it ? (or at least a refurbished one in good condition)?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)