• Incomprehensible programming errors

From cahlucas56@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 28 16:03:28 2019
    Hello everyone,

After various updates, I still can't program my HP Prime. I always get the following error message: "Error: syntax error". This happens when I type in the examples from the manual, but also with software that I come up with myself. Every time I can't
    figure out what's wrong. Also, the software that I download from hpcalc.org often does not work either. I have a Prime with hardware version A, and software version 2.1.14181(2018 10 16). What can be done about this? I look forward to a response from you.
    Sincerely, Karel.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Bruce Horrocks@21:1/5 to cahlucas56@gmail.com on Sun Sep 29 01:19:19 2019
    On 29/09/2019 00:03, cahlucas56@gmail.com wrote:

Hello everyone,

After various updates, I still can't program my HP Prime. I always get the following error message: "Error: syntax error". This happens when I type in the examples from the manual, but also with software that I come up with myself. Every time I can't
    figure out what's wrong. Also, the software that I download from hpcalc.org often does not work either. I have a Prime with hardware version A, and software version 2.1.14181(2018 10 16). What can be done about this? I look forward to a response from you.
    Sincerely, Karel.

Does the syntax error message appear when you run the program or when
    you press the 'Check' menu item after entering/editing it?

What version is your Prime? (Run the VERSION() command from home and
    post the string it gives as output here. You can withhold the serial
    number if you wish.)

Tell us which example program is failing.

--
    Bruce Horrocks
    Surrey
    England
    (bruce at scorecrow dot com)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From cahlucas56@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 6 11:42:05 2019
    Dear Mr. Horrocks,

The error occurs when I press the check button. I have indicated the version in my previous post. As an example I give the "DRAWPATTERN" program described in the manual and the Magnifying Glass program that was downloaded from www.hpcalc.org. Sincerely,
    Karel.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Wes@21:1/5 to cahlu...@gmail.com on Sat Nov 9 21:49:24 2019
    On Sunday, October 6, 2019 at 9:42:07 PM UTC+3, cahlu...@gmail.com wrote:
    The error occurs when I press the check button. I have indicated the version in my previous post. As an example I give the "DRAWPATTERN" program described in the manual ...

I tried the "DRAWPATTERN" program and it worked okay, but I think I see what your problem might be. The program uses the Xmin, Xmax, Ymin, Ymax system variables. In order for these variables to recognized, you need to be in one of the Apps that has
    these variables, such as the Functions App. Try switching to the Functions App and then see if the the program checks out okay.

An alternative is to specify the scope of the variables by using Function.Xmin, Function.Xmax, Function.Ymin, Function.Ymax.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05