• LPI Fortran

From Chris Smith@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 19 15:40:30 2016
    This came up on the previous thread when we were discussing getting software re-installed on my system. Now that I have the system mostly up and going (less the dev kit and so on), I've been able to take a look at those LPI Fortran disks that nobody
    knew anything about.

I haven't been able to extract the archive and install it yet, since I think tar is probably on the dev kit somewhere. I was able to mount the disks, copy two pices of tar.Z files out to the hard drive, and merge them back together. What I get is a tar
    file full of things "COPYRIGHT 1985, by Language Processors, Inc." It appears that this may have been one of a set of cross-platform compilers by the same company.

The only reference I can find on the internet readily is here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digitek ... which makes it look like they were eventually Micro Focus, so this may have been an early Micro Focus FORTRAN. I have no idea where it came from,
    but it must have been available for download somewhere on the internet in the '90s when I got it. Do we have a repository somewhere for this kind of thing?

Chris

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)