• 3B1 Floppies

From Dave Brower@21:1/5 to Bill Gunshannon on Sat Jan 23 20:11:44 2016
    I'm working on changes to the linux sysv filesystem driver so it can mount UNIX-PC filesystems -- there are some slight variations in the superblock format that need to be detected and automatically handled. It works OK for a hard-disk filesystem image,
    but I don't know about actual floppy disks or floppy images. I don't think there's any difference.

-dB

On Monday, June 15, 2015 at 11:43:31 AM UTC-7, Bill Gunshannon wrote:
    Does anyone know if the format of 3B1 disks allows for mounting and reading on a BSD or Linux box? I have some disks that I would like to read before
    it is too late and I really don't know when 9or even if) I will have a 3B1 running again.

bill

--
    Bill Gunshannon | de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n. Three wolves billg999@cs.scranton.edu | and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include <std.disclaimer.h>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From robert bownes@21:1/5 to Dave McGuire on Tue Nov 1 13:58:08 2022
    On Friday, June 19, 2015 at 4:47:11 PM UTC-4, Dave McGuire wrote:
    On 06/15/2015 02:43 PM, Bill Gunshannon wrote:
    Does anyone know if the format of 3B1 disks allows for mounting and reading on a BSD or Linux box? I have some disks that I would like to read before it is too late and I really don't know when 9or even if) I will have a 3B1 running again.
    Bill, I should have a 3B1 running within the next couple of weeks (one
    of your old ones, in fact!) and can assist you with pulling off that
    data, if it comes to that.

-Dave

--
    Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
    New Kensington, PA

Dave,

Did you ever get your 3b1 running?

Bob

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)