• Two atari trying to bring to life again! 130 XE & 800XL

From Ettore Pelliccioni@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 20 07:45:31 2020
    Hi,

I buy two atari last week, an 130XE & 800XL not working for 15 bucks. Call me crazy man, but i feel nostalgy on this times, i own one when teenager a 800xl and dreamed with buy a 130XE. After several years found my atari touch tablet and wish to show
    these computers working again to my childrens.

The 130XE turn on with the test memory issue, and the 800xl turn on with black screen, when i open it, this have a handcrafted 256k expasion on it (i am looking for good dram chips & parts and tips to repair). I have basic acknowledge of electronic, and
    buy and old 20mhz osciloscope, i will write on this repair journey also.

I am in Venezuela, Caracas. Any friend there to help me ?

Thanks in advance.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jer@21:1/5 to Ettore Pelliccioni on Thu Jun 4 08:32:41 2020
    On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 10:45:32 AM UTC-4, Ettore Pelliccioni wrote:
    Hi,

I buy two atari last week, an 130XE & 800XL not working for 15 bucks. Call me crazy man, but i feel nostalgy on this times, i own one when teenager a 800xl and dreamed with buy a 130XE. After several years found my atari touch tablet and wish to show
    these computers working again to my childrens.

The 130XE turn on with the test memory issue, and the 800xl turn on with black screen, when i open it, this have a handcrafted 256k expasion on it (i am looking for good dram chips & parts and tips to repair). I have basic acknowledge of electronic,
    and buy and old 20mhz osciloscope, i will write on this repair journey also.

I am in Venezuela, Caracas. Any friend there to help me ?

Thanks in advance.

Have you checked all the capacitors for leaks? Could also be bad power supplies.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)